BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

Open Letter:

Now that the season has ended, we would like to put on record our thanks to Gary Bowyer and the players for their hard work and dedication in what was a season of stability and one in which we could see real progress and promise for the future.

You the fans, too, have played a huge part in that and we want to say a special thank you for the support and commitment you have once again shown to Blackburn Rovers.

Many supporters have contacted us this season in recognition of the hard work and passion of the team and that has been welcomed.

Our family is fully aware of how difficult the past few years have been for everyone who has affection for our great club, we are deeply sorry we haven't, so far, been able to bring the success we all desire for Rovers.

That said, our commitment has and will not waiver. We have learned some very valuable and costly lessons in our quest to make you, the fans, happy and proud of Rovers and the desire to achieve our mutual dream will benefit from that.

In Gary Bowyer, we have a manager who wants to build a strong, talented team, one to get us back to the Premier League as soon as is possible.

We also feel that off the field, the management and staff is a committed and dedicated workforce, which will complement and support Gary and the players.

We, like many clubs, face the challenge of the impending Financial Fair Play rules and we will do all that is necessary to comply with that, whilst continuing to assist Gary in his pursuit of success.

We are truly thankful of the support you give to the manager and the team and we want to repay that by our continued commitment in Blackburn Rovers.

The club will be working hard throughout the summer on a number of initiatives in readiness for next season in order to make Ewood Park an exciting place to be.

We look forward to next season with great anticipation and excitement; in the meantime we trust you will have a fantastic and enjoyable summer.

Thank you

Anuradha J. Desai, Jitendra Desai,

Venkatesh Rao, Balaji Rao.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing missing from that is their role and mistakes which brought is down. The apology is a little back-handed. Aside from that, fair play.

Well done Gary Bowyer too - managing to get that out of Venkys is no mean feat.

I sure I'll be reading that again before the day is out...

The only thing missing from that is their role and mistakes which brought is down. The apology is a little back-handed. Aside from that, fair play.

Well done Gary Bowyer too - managing to get that out of Venkys is no mean feat.

I sure I'll be reading that again before the day is out...

I'll hazard a guess this is our selective communication manager rather than GB.

Thanks Kamy for posting this open letter to the fans.

At least the owners have spoken to the fans for once.

They have made mistakes and they know that. They are trying to correct them. So fair play to them. But a very long way to go yet tho.

Fair play...

I definitely think they have learned from their mistakes although I personally believe they've always had best intentions at heart but just taken bad advice...

Hopefully they'll continue to support financially and stay out of football matters...

I'm sure the usual whingers will be on with their dead end comments...

Fair play...

I definitely think they have learned from their mistakes although I personally believe they've always had best intentions at heart but just taken bad advice...

Hopefully they'll continue to support financially and stay out of football matters...

I'm sure the usual whingers will be on with their dead end comments...

And the above just highlights why we all fight on here.

Well I never thought I'd see this day! An apology from Venkys! I'm pleased they are backing bowyer but actions speak far louder than words so I will respectfully hold back on any sort of praise until we are a stable premiership team. I.E were they took us from, which I don't think is unfair nor too much to ask!

I'll hazard a guess this is our selective communication manager rather than GB.

I'm not sure, you could be right. They seem to like their managers.

It may well have been penned by him. It is very carefully worded. The 'apology' is not for their role in taking us down, it's for 'not bringing us success... yet'.

It's probably the best we are going to get though.

Immediate reaction----shock, I never expected it.

Disappointment-----it doesn't look like they are leaving anytime soon!

Some measure of respect----we are deeply sorry etc, learned some costly and expensive lessons etc,commitment ....will not waver

We have constantly asked for recognition of and apology for what they have done, and, on the surface at least, its been done very graciously.

Need some time to take it in!

Thats step one and two on the road to redemption, acknowledgement of errors and communication directly with the fans.

Credit for that, but theres a long way to go yet.

Really nice to see that letter.

An apology for what has gone wrong, and a statement of intent that they plan to keep paying the costs of those mistakes until they are put right.

I hope, like me, fans are keen to do their bit as well to support trying to help the club recover.

Pleased to see that letter early on in the summer. It stops the rumours of: will they continue to fund us? Are they still committed? Will they back GB.

Anyway, now to back those words up with funds for GB in the transfer market which I think they will.

Surely it would have been easier and would have been a bit more acceptable for the Rao's and Desai to do a video message explaining their heart felt grief over their baby rather than letting Everton draw up something for them to put their name to. Sure they could have got 5 mins on sky sports to broadcast it

Better still they turn up at the tea party or the first game of the league season and spout Alan's script on the pitch, that might mean something then.

As for apology , no it's not , An apology would contain the following explanations of

why they allowed an agent and associates to run riot at the club

Why they publically backed Kean for so long and give him a new contract

When they actually took over the running of the club as well as being the owners

Why they allowed players to leave to be replaced by lower standard

Why they allowed officials of the club to hand out ridiculous contracts to players and their agents

Why an official of the club is still employed despite losing 1 million.

Sure there are plenty more that would go some way to becoming an apology

So rather than an apology it is a first pr step at trying to get the supporters back onside. better than nothing I suppose , highlight is that they(on face value) are going to back Bowyer, proof is in the pudding

Really nice to see that letter.

An apology for what has gone wrong, and a statement of intent that they plan to keep paying the costs of those mistakes until they are put right.

I hope, like me, fans are keen to do their bit as well to support trying to help the club recover.

Apology ? Ha talk about twisting and manipulation .

At last !

Some kind of communication from Alan Myers....

Absolutely Ricky. Bet they have barely even read what this says. He will have positioned this as a must have before ST sales are launched.

The statement actually says nothing to be honest. If that is supposed to right the wrongs of the last 4 1/2 years then it wont'. Patronising tossers.

How about opening up and telling us straight where the club stands financially and what the plan is going forward. The issues have all been raised on here so many times and never get addressed by the Club or these feckwits.

Dedicated staff, GB is the man , many supporters have contacted us this season about the hard work and passion......you lying keans!! How many of those contacts from fans did you actually acknowledge then???

Doesn't wash with me and this is no more than Myers limp attempts to let Venkys know ''what a great job he is doing with the fans'' 3 months after he was appointed to build bridges.

Underwhelmed, sorry!!

636278.jpg

I'm really surprised you've taken that standpoint... Said no one ever.

My view is that this shows at least some evolution of thought. One of these every season will suffice for me. I was particularly taken aback by the apology- yes it could have been in more detail and specific - but it's something we've all agreed would never arrive.

I may have made fun out of Aby but it's still the case of actions speak louder than words. Give the manager some cash, stay out of the way and leave out asking agents or advisors what to do next!

Open Letter:

Now that the season has ended, we would like to put on record our thanks to Gary Bowyer and the players for their hard work and dedication in what was a season of stability and one in which we could see real progress and promise for the future.... THEY NEARLY FIRED HIM

You the fans, too, have played a huge part in that and we want to say a special thank you for the support and commitment you have once again shown to Blackburn Rovers.... YOU KNOW THIS BECAUSE A PNE FAN AND EVERTON FAN SAY SO

Many supporters have contacted us this season in recognition of the hard work and passion of the team and that has been welcomed... KEAN HAD 500 A DAY... PROOF ???

Our family is fully aware of how difficult the past few years have been for everyone who has affection for our great club, we are deeply sorry we haven't, so far, been able to bring the success we all desire for Rovers.... SORRY ? DIFFICULT ? YEA RIGHT . YOU CARE THAT MUCH YOU DIDNT STAY FOR YEOVIL !!!!

That said, our commitment has and will not waiver. We have learned some very valuable and costly lessons in our quest to make you, the fans, happy and proud of Rovers and the desire to achieve our mutual dream will benefit from that....HOLLOW

In Gary Bowyer, we have a manager who wants to build a strong, talented team, one to get us back to the Premier League as soon as is possible.... SEE 1st BIT

We also feel that off the field, the management and staff is a committed and dedicated workforce, which will complement and support Gary and the players....SPRINKLERS WOPPY DOO

We, like many clubs, face the challenge of the impending Financial Fair Play rules and we will do all that is necessary to comply with that, whilst continuing to assist Gary in his pursuit of success... AYE LIKE YOU SOLD THE PREMIER TEAM.

We are truly thankful of the support you give to the manager and the team and we want to repay that by our continued commitment in Blackburn Rovers...BLAH BLah

The club will be working hard throughout the summer on a number of initiatives in readiness for next season in order to make Ewood Park an exciting place to be.

We look forward to next season with great anticipation and excitement; in the meantime we trust you will have a fantastic and enjoyable summer....YOU DONT GIVE A TOSS

Thank you

Anuradha J. Desai, Jitendra Desai,

Venkatesh Rao, Balaji Rao.

Not aimed at Kamy before the word twisters say different

Archived