BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

I'm pretty darn sure that we all know that actions speak louder than words.

I know that anything they say can be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially in the early days, as most of what they said and promised did not come to fruition. They promised us the world and sounded naive at best and complicit with lies at worst.

It is my firm belief that they have only ever said what they were told to say!

My hope is that the people who are telling them what to say and do are now people who actually want the club to succeed for the fans and the town - rather than for future profits from player trading. From what I have seen of Alan Myers so far - he seems pretty good at his job and committed. It's obviously about PR - their is a skill to it. I also see him the Evertonian element a good thing - because he is a football fan with a direct link to our owners. Yes, he doesn't support rovers, but he feels and understands how a fan feels - and the fact he still talks about them on social media proves this in my eyes.

Compared to the kind of advice they used to get...

Even without any prior knowledge of football, the dodgy dealing was bloody obvious - you could look at a few facts and interviews by so called "industry professionals" dressed in club colours at the time - or crocodile tears sat on SSN. You could look at the amount of staff and players, who already proven in their roles - leaving with NDA's and big pay offs - to be replaced by a few "Modeste" acquisitions. I personally was Radoslav Petrified at the time. (..and no Stuart, I didn't rate him like Lowe ;) )

The actions on and off the pitch over the past 12 months have certainly show a different measure of thought being brought to the table. It's blatantly obvious that things could've gone better this season, but it's also hard to ignore the previous 30 months ... Desolation of the soul is probably the best way to sum up the Kean era. Shebby's influence may have been a joke to other club fans but there was absolutely nothing funny about his role. Appleton and Berg became absolute disasters because of that whole scenario. Gary's time may not be as thrilling as some of the other managers we have had over the past 25 years but under the previous circumstances his dedication to the club rather than his bank balance has been massive. He certainly is not proven manager material at this level still - it takes time, but early signs are positive.

To ignore these actions over the past 12 months is akin to saying and believing that "we shouldn't of sacked Kean when we were near the top of the table"

In future - as of this season; The actions have to continue. It is nice to have some words to go with, but ultimately we need to improve again this season with at least a playoff place. If the owners support us with some signings to bolster over the summer, pay off more wasters signed by the criminals, keep investing in the club structure, keep the best players and pay off any fines we might incur through FFP - then you have to say fair enough.

Don't forget but don't dwell!

Quite right. We can't change what's past we can only do what we can to affect the future which can only start on the terraces.

feeling quietly positive about our prospects this next season. If anything, its not going to be boring.

That said my main concern are still on GB's ability to make game changing subs as so many other managers appear to do where we failed last season.

Hope he can show that he himself has matured as a manager as well as the team now that we a more settled first team.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few days of no internet am shocked to see this.

On the positive side there's an acknowledgement that Venkys are vaguely culpable, and at least it's a step in the right direction.

However the apology for not bringing us success - that's like a hit and run car driver apologizing that they haven't been able to help the kid run again, with no mention that they were the ones who hi them. Still no admission that we're where we are because of them.

Also I'd be a darn sight happier if they addressed the specific elephant in the room of how we're going to deal with our monstrous debts and what the strategy is for that. Like most things with Venkys they never get it quite right. How hard would it have been to add in we're sorry for what we've done to contribute to this position?

Personally, I feel it's halfhearted at best, and there's still a long, long way to go before Venkys are ever tolerated. I'm not even sure it can happen. Sooner we can find someone else to buy us the better, but Venkys may have made even that impossible.

Our new PR guy has managed to do what everyone else has failed to do, get them to at least talk some sense for once.

He should do Gav..... it's 99% certain that he wrote it! Surely that must have occurred to you?

• Backroom

Too late and lost fans won't come back now.

Our fake communications director working his magic.

Yep. As I said earlier, the only way I can see Venky's enticing lost fans to return is to fully explain the events of the past few years and provide a solid, realistic framework to get us back into the PL - whilst explaining exactly how our rapidly increasing debt is actually being managed. Even if they do all of that, plenty of people would still stay away, but for me that would be a start, a step in the right direction, etc.

• Moderation Lead

Yep. As I said earlier, the only way I can see Venky's enticing lost fans to return is to fully explain the events of the past few years and provide a solid, realistic framework to get us back into the PL - whilst explaining exactly how our rapidly increasing debt is actually being managed. Even if they do all of that, plenty of people would still stay away, but for me that would be a start, a step in the right direction, etc.

Well that's just not going to happen is it? 'We were fleeced by an agent, ripped off and got the club into shedloads of debt and the club is still making £2M per month losses, but we're sorry....

• Backroom

Well that's just not going to happen is it? 'We were fleeced by an agent, ripped off and got the club into shedloads of debt and the club is still making £2M per month losses, but we're sorry....

If they choose not to then that's their call. It just means we stick to similar crowd levels for the entirely of their tenure.

Personally I have no interest in an apology from them. Too late. They can apologise by admitting what went wrong and showing how they're going to fix the mess they've created. Hiring a rookie manager, buying in a bunch of freebies, loans and cheapos whilst relying on Shelfie doesn't quite cut it for me.

For a lot of people it clearly does though, which is just a sad indicator of how horrifically far expectations have fallen - a mid table season in the Championship is considered a success for the club only two seasons after we were competing in the Premier League.

• Backroom

If they choose not to then that's their call. It just means we stick to similar crowd levels for the entirely of their tenure.

Personally I have no interest in an apology from them. Too late. They can apologise by admitting what went wrong and showing how they're going to fix the mess they've created. Hiring a rookie manager (who has, in his first full season, pulled us back up to 8th place from almost being relegated), buying in a bunch of freebies, loans and cheapos (including the backbone of our much improved team: Cairney, Conway and Gestede, possibly Marshall and Evans too) whilst relying on Shelfie doesn't quite cut it for me.

For a lot of people it clearly does though, which is just a sad indicator of how horrifically far expectations have fallen (quite necessarily, too) - a mid table season in the Championship is considered a success for the club only two seasons after we were competing in the Premier League one season after having 5 managers, a bunch of overpaid, lazy and spoilt brats on the payroll and (but for Jordan Rhodes) almost being relegated straight to League 1.

It's all about opinions, ain't it?

• Backroom

All of the above is a credit to Gary Bowyer, not Venky's. They are fortunate to have him, as I've stated many times, but their appointment of him was not a brilliant masterstroke. They did the exact same thing they always do - go for the cheap option and hope for the best. If we get promoted next season then it paid off, if we don't then it didn't.

I don't accept that I should be happy with last season purely on the basis season previous was so bad. Neither were good enough.

He should do Gav..... it's 99% certain that he wrote it! Surely that must have occurred to you?

Of course he wrote it, no doubt about that in my mind, but the crux of the matter is it was sanctioned by the family. They've never gone down this route before, regardless of advice from the within in the inner circle, so that's not to be underestimated in my book.

It all bodes well for next season in my eyes, give the manager a few quid also and we could be on to something if the close to last season was anything to go by.

Let's hope that's the last we hear from the owners and our talking is done on the pitch.

For all those saying 'actions speak louder than words' last year they backed the manager 100%, supported him in rebuilding almost our entire 1st team and kept their silly shenanigans to a minimum, as long ad they carry on that way we should do well next season.

(but if we are not firmly in the top 6 at Christmas time, then bowyer would have to make way)

Funny because I think both those two would have clamped down on the bollards you've been spouting lately long ago.

And everybody loves TJ of course. Not.

Personally I have no interest in an apology from them. Too late. They can apologise by admitting what went wrong and showing how they're going to fix the mess they've created. Hiring a rookie manager, buying in a bunch of freebies, loans and cheapos whilst relying on Shelfie doesn't quite cut it for me.

For a lot of people it clearly does though, which is just a sad indicator of how horrifically far expectations have fallen - a mid table season in the Championship is considered a success for the club only two seasons after we were competing in the Premier League.

Now you see why can't people accept such views that are put in a reasoned way?

DE isn't getting a buzz off of being negative, he has valid concerns and expresses them without prejudice.

We'll never have everyone agreeing on here, why can't we have a bit of tolerance?

• Backroom

:rock:

i'm not here to be loved,

(just respected and feared do to my superior intellect and cut throat wit!!!!!!!! :) )

*due

:rock:

i'm not here to be loved,

(just respected and feared do to my superior intellect and cut throat wit!!!!!!!! :) )

You Know what they say - If wit were sh1t you would be constipated.

They have made massive mistakes, ignored so many calls to get better advice, and the damage caused is seemingly at a point where even a good positive letter for many fans is not good enough. You cannot blame the fans for acting in a manner of hatred, and anger, because the club has gone from well run to a joke.

But sometimes its a good start for fans, to maybe give things another go, without actually becoming fans of Venkys. We are so deep into this hatred, that even when a good thing is done, we try and find fault in them. I think last season, it showed that with them silent in the background, things were much better. If you want to hate them then do so, if you are angry at them, then be angry, its your right. But those who want to give them a chance, then give it to them.

They have made massive mistakes, ignored so many calls to get better advice, and the damage caused is seemingly at a point where even a good positive letter for many fans is not good enough. You cannot blame the fans for acting in a manner of hatred, and anger, because the club has gone from well run to a joke.

But sometimes its a good start for fans, to maybe give things another go, without actually becoming fans of Venkys. We are so deep into this hatred, that even when a good thing is done, we try and find fault in them. I think last season, it showed that with them silent in the background, things were much better. If you want to hate them then do so, if you are angry at them, then be angry, its your right. But those who want to give them a chance, then give it to them.

I don't think the problem, at least on this board are to do with whether anyone can forgive Venkys or not, its whether people can respect each others opinion without resorting to insults.

I agree though that you can support the club and not like or forgive the owners - I personally may one day forgive them but there's as much chance of forgetting my tears of happiness when we won the Premiership as there is the tears of despair when we were relegated under these lot. But that won't stop me attending and based on last season's display, won't stop me enjoying it either.

If you are no longer supporting Rovers why are you all over this site? Another who criticises without having watched.

I was wondering that myself though one could say im in the same boat. However I am not on here critising everything Rovers do or dont do.

I'm pretty certain that I'll be buying a ST after not having one since 2010/11. The air is definitely cleaner down there these days.

Well done gordon good on ya. Its abundantly clear there are those who will REFUSE to even consider anything that could be considered even slightly positive from that lot. U get that bit like the wife who cheats, she can apologise all she wants but the damage is done. Tis said to forgive is divine.

Archived