BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

Indeed (except ours to date) and all without exception appointed in a lather of optimism by people whose opinions were ultimately proven flawed.

Everyone on here is convinced they'd make the right choice yet any number of names are being thrown into the hat. Can you believe Abbey that some even suggest Holloway and Tugay!! :P Personally I blame Championship Manager and Fantasy Football where no one plays for real and most definitely not with their own money.

If it was YOUR money would you have employed Bowyer and would you still continue to employ him?

Don't forget you have just lost ANOTHER 20 million.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely.

Mercer can look after himself, he puts himself out there to be shot at with his outlandish claims.

I've been asked hundreds of times why I wouldn't sack Bowyer, by a whole host of people, you included, then rounded upon, so you're no different 47er......

Harsh Gav, very harsh!

Listen carefully, I will say this only wance,I thought you'd come round to thinking Bowyer should go. Did I get that wrong?

PS from the Premier League Thread, do you still think Newcastle are safe?

Simply stating the obvious. Absolutely nothing of surprise there then is there? Every man jack of them wants that, but only those talented enough ever get the chance.

• Backroom

Sadly, you are showing your naivety.

Football is an industry where events change so quickly and very often by the day. In many instances what's discussed today is forgotten by tomorrow. Scenarios change by the day and is the very reason why 90%+ of what is written in the press never comes to fruition. If you had work associated experience with football clubs then you would understand that; I have worked indirectly with a number of clubs on commercial stuff and they always want top dollar for their overrated brand thinking that they are an exception to normal commercial practice and sponsors / suppliers will happily use them as a 'loss leader' and throw huge wedges of money at them. This might happen occasionally with the 'super' clubs but will not happen at 95% of clubs.

Yet you KNOW this and claim your rumours to absolutely correct. If 95% of press stories don't happen then maybe you should avoid your own rumour mongering.

Press = 95% wrong.

Mercer = 100% wrong.

A lot of catching up to do!

Harsh Gav, very harsh!

Listen carefully, I will say this only wance,I thought you'd come round to thinking Bowyer should go. Did I get that wrong?

PS from the Premier League Thread, do you still think Newcastle are safe?

You're being harsh on Chaddy 47er, in my opinion of course.

You didn't get it wrong, Bowyer lost my support after the Liverpool game. I've been hammered for changing my mind :lol: from several quarters because thats not allowed, but I'll not be bullied into backing him again :D

Newcastle won't go down.

Yet you KNOW this and claim your rumours to absolutely correct. If 95% of press stories don't happen then maybe you should avoid your own rumour mongering.

Press = 95% wrong.

Mercer = 100% wrong.

A lot of catching up to do!

You are factually wrong.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone on here but clearly you choose to forget the things I have got right.

I would remind you of when I exclusively revealed on this MB that the Rhodes deal had been agreed - several hours before Cryer at the LT , Radio Lancashire or the national press had got wind of it. Just trawl back through the thread and you will see. That little story did not come from the Rovers' end so I'll let you work out the rest.

I don't think that Kamy has ever suggested that. He has been a good source of information from within the club though. Would you not agree?

Some of it, a bit too aligned with the Rao's at times though

Whats the connection between all those names?...... They've all got a sacking or two on their cv's. ^_^

Effectively names can be bandied about all the time on here but judging who is better or worse or who would be good / bad is just pure playground speculation by a number of people with loud voices but with completely uninformed opinions.

The connection was in the post, and the other posts I made on the topic - it's not too difficult to follow if you actually read what I put! But to save you the time of having to re-read the posts properly, since you never can be bothered to, the connection is all are available and have a better track record than Bowyer - which by the way is proven fact, not uninformed opinion.

On that I assume you count yourself in the uninformed opinions too?

The connection was in the post, and the other posts I made on the topic - it's not too difficult to follow if you actually read what I put! But to save you the time of having to re-read the posts properly, since you never can be bothered to, the connection is all are available and have a better track record than Bowyer - which by the way is proven fact, not uninformed opinion.

On that I assume you count yourself in the uninformed opinions too?

And a worse one too! :lol:

tbh I admit that I am uninformed..... unfortunately the vast majority don't as they post load after load of speculative shyte and then metaphorically stand back and attempt to defend their work of fiction from any criticism. tbh I believe many end up actually believing it. :rolleyes:

Yes, but you were asking in a no-one will takeit/no one better out there kind of way. Maybe I'm wrong on this, and apologies if I am, but whilst you seem to be negative about Sherwood (not coming) and Freedman (bad at Bolton) you do seem to ignore the arguments for the myriad of positive potential candidates up there.

Thanks for correcting me with Rosler - he did do well with Brentford though. Regardless the point still stands - MCDermott, Adkins, Warburton, Greyson and that's without thorough investigation. To say and think Bowyer is the best out there - even with our rapidly sinking ship - is a myth. It's part of what makes supporting rovers all the more frustrating.

not at All Blue Blood. I was interested in who Mercerman would offer the Rovers job now Sherwood has got the Villa job. That was all tbh. nothing more than that

The point is Chaddy has asked this simple question dozens of times. Yet, if we go back to his blue period when he wanted Bowyer out, he actually nominated a few himself!

He's asking Merecerman so he and others can get stuck into him later as they do with "wee Dougie". Its a tiresome process from a very tedious poster.

I did want Bowyer out at some point this season but I am very entitled to change my mind.

I answered Chaddy but that has been ignored.

what did you say Al?

. Incidentally you were wrong about goalkeepers and in my opinion continue to be so.

wrong on the Goalkeeper area? really?

my opinion on Robinson has been the same for the past 14 months.

Steele has had his very good games but has had some poor games and made some mistakes.

for me, next season my keepers fighting for the number 1 jersey would be Steele and Raya.

not at All Blue Blood. I was interested in who Mercerman would offer the Rovers job now Sherwood has got the Villa job. That was all tbh. nothing more

He won't commit himself to a name at this stage, he'll wait and see who does well then in 12 -18 months time he'll say he would have appointed him all along.

He won't commit himself to a name at this stage, he'll wait and see who does well then in 12 -18 months time he'll say he would have appointed him all along.

Total b o l l o c k s - if you care to trawl back through my posts, think you will find I'd been advocating Sherwood for some time.

Bournemouth

Hang your head in utter shame Mr Bowyer

Howe and Bournemouth are everything Bowyer and Rovers aren't.

Underlines just how much Bowyer is out of his depth.

A ridiculous rise in just 6 years. Shows what a real manager can do.

I did want Bowyer out at some point this season but I am very entitled to change my mind.

Fair enough, but I imagine the natural thing is to change your mind because the results have improved since you wanted him out. Seeing as the results haven't improved, what is it that made you change your mind Chaddy?

I asked you who you would appoint now with Sherwood at Villa?

He can't appoint anyone. He's not got a say in it. It's more pointless speculation. Your not armed with any of the critical facts needed to even guesstimate. Neither is he.

The only question that matters is would you employ Gary Bowyer if it was your money Chaddy? And you'd just lost another 20 million of it watching Watford and Bournemouth and Ipswich and Brentford embarrassing both the big clubs and the pig headed.

Howe and Bournemouth are everything Bowyer and Rovers aren't.

Underlines just how much Bowyer is out of his depth.

A ridiculous rise in just 6 years. Shows what a real manager can do.

and everything the other 22 managers and teams below B'mouth aren't.

Excellent manager is Eddie Howe and ironically enough one of the few out of the 4 divisions you haven't said is better than Bowyer. :)

I asked you who you would appoint now with Sherwood at Villa?

First thing you do is to 'advertise' and see who comes forward.

Would be foolish to dive in until you knew who the runners and riders were.

There would be a long queue and virtually everyone in that queue would be a better option than Bowyer.

and everything the other 22 managers and teams below B'mouth aren't.

Excellent manager is Eddie Howe and ironically enough one of the few out of the 4 divisions you haven't said is better than Bowyer. :)

You really do need to try and get out of your Ewood office a tad more.

Have you anything constructive to add ?

First thing you do is to 'advertise' and see who comes forward.

Would be foolish to dive in until you knew who the runners and riders were.

There would be a long queue and virtually everyone in that queue would be a better option than Bowyer.

You really do need to try and get out of your Ewood office a tad more.

Have you anything constructive to add ?

Though I would change him - you need to be careful what you wish for - look at Wigan - Uwe Rosler followed by Malky Mackay followed by (more than likely) relegation.

Archived