BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

Where does it say that ? There's no quotes or anything .

We need to cash in or he'll end up leaving for nothing like Hoilett did.

Haha. Such insight

Must have cos you quoted me three times. :P Anyway you and that Gavlar Somerset get your heads together and tell me which part of my assessment is flawed.

I must say now Lowe and Handley are injured long term the usual suspects are turning their requirement for fresh blood towards Brown. Pretty sure a psychologist would have a field day with our band of moon struck whip tops.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the gazettes stories actually had any quotes. It was all the gazette understands. Now I know their reporters are closer to the boro than ours are to rovers but they couldn't even get the manager to comment. I know where the idea of Rhodes going out on loan from, but we all know that no matter what deals might have been suggested the decision was only ever going to be made by one person

None of the gazettes stories actually had any quotes. It was all the gazette understands. Now I know their reporters are closer to the boro than ours are to rovers but they couldn't even get the manager to comment. I know where the idea of Rhodes going out on loan from, but we all know that no matter what deals might have been suggested the decision was only ever going to be made by one person

The gazette probably has reporters who are fan's as well as close to the club unlike our Evertonian Wheelock whom twice got the contract lengths of Varney and Orr wrong ( correct me if I'm wrong both players have an Evertonian agent)...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jordan-rhodes-blackburn-pull-plug-8903233

Accirding to this Venky's have finally said no to the loan deal but would be prepared to sell Rhodes in the summer.

The Gazette report is also wrong to state that Rovers parachute payments cease at the end of this season. There are 4 years of payments ie 2012, 2103 ,2014 and 2015.

The Gazette report is also wrong to state that Rovers parachute payments cease at the end of this season. There are 4 years of payments ie 2012, 2103 ,2014 and 2015.

Of which Rovers have already spent

So they supposedly negotiated the deal with the domestic deggsys at Ewood but then it's taken the Indians two weeks to finally say no. Still a fook up behind the scenes with those here desperate to get their percentages and those over there not being assed to sort anything out until they can be bothered. Tossers the lot of em, it's going to be one interesting summer.

Already borrowed against in advance, it showed in the accounts I'm afraid.

Does everybody expect Rhodes and Gestede to leave this summer?

I do.

TBH letting Rhodes go makes economic and foot ball sense. He is paid far too much for the Championship, especially to be sat on the bench when we play decent teams - and our lack of pace up front is killing us (the last two matches showed that).

The gazette probably has reporters who are fan's as well as close to the club unlike our Evertonian Wheelock whom twice got the contract lengths of Varney and Orr wrong ( correct me if I'm wrong both players have an Evertonian agent)...

Yes, no disrespect to Paul Wheelock but the reporter in the Gazette up there clearly has sources he trusts at the club and is prepared to report what can actually be described as 'news' and insight.

When was the last time we could say that about the LT, (generally player 'X' insists this or player 'Y' insists that)?

Footnote : Today's 'insister' in the LT is Tommy Spurr.

Do the player's have a clause in their contracts which forces them to allow sh1te to go in the local rag bearing their name & photo? If there is well serves them bloody well right - overpaid tossers.

“I wouldn’t say the play-offs and the season have gone because it’s mathematically possible and we’ve shown

we’ve got it in us to string wins together,” said the 27-year-old.

“And when you look at the games we’ve got left, the gaffer has showed us we’ve beaten them all, and there’s no reason why we can’t do it again

.Beat: Leeds, Reading, Birmingham, Forest

Drew: Milwall, Huddersfield, Ipswich

Nearly but no cigar Tommy

The way I see it, the moment the owners allow Rhodes to leave in any form, loan or permanent, that's the moment that they give up promotion. Since he was bought to fire us to promotion, they "have" to keep him until it's no longer possible. Question is what happens the day it's not even mathematically possible to reach the playoffs? Do we look at loaning him out as soon as possible to start working a little bit towards getting the embargo lifted sometime in the future? Or do we desperately keep him, hoping that he will do the deed next season?

The way I see it, the moment the owners allow Rhodes to leave in any form, loan or permanent, that's the moment that they give up promotion. Since he was bought to fire us to promotion, they "have" to keep him until it's no longer possible. Question is what happens the day it's not even mathematically possible to reach the playoffs? Do we look at loaning him out as soon as possible to start working a little bit towards getting the embargo lifted sometime in the future? Or do we desperately keep him, hoping that he will do the deed next season?

the clock is ticking down on his contract so we have to get rid whilst there is any value in him or he'll walk away for nothing except a big signing on fee from wherever decides he is worth signing.

Some unsubstantiated reports we are looking to sign Henry on a perm in the Summer.

Be a good one in my view, as long as we let big head go!

No chance. I am sure West Ham's valuation is above £0 so I can't see it happening. Pretty sure he's a decent prospect there so whilst I could see him joining on loan, a perm signing I cannot see.

Letting Captain Calamity leave would be wonderful though.

Archived