BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

the clock is ticking down on his contract so we have to get rid whilst there is any value in him or he'll walk away for nothing except a big signing on fee from wherever decides he is worth signing.

is it theno? Genuinely I thought he signed an extended contract last year for that bonkers £40k a week. Also if they are going to do business and loan him followed by a sale agreement they need to move quickly because doesn't loan window end on 31st March?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should snap their hands off, because :

- we pay Rhodes £40k a week (around £20-30k more than we can afford to pay any player)

- he doesn't play every week

- he doesn't look happy that he doesn't play every week

-£12m would possibly allow us to bring in better loans and higher quality freebies in the summer.

For the record I think Jordan Rhodes is the best striker we are likely so see at Ewood for many a year to come, financially and taking into account the above managerial master strokes by the club we surely have to accept a guaranteed deal of £12m

Are there any other links to this story, I cannot see it as yet on the Guardian website or other sports news feeds.

At a normal Club in Rovers financial predicament the Owners would have sold Jordan (and Rudy) already - we however are owned by lunatics.

We should snap their hands off, because :

- we pay Rhodes £40k a week (around £20-30k more than we can afford to pay any player)

- he doesn't play every week

- he doesn't look happy that he doesn't play every week

-£12m would possibly allow us to bring in better loans and higher quality freebies in the summer.

For the record I think Jordan Rhodes is the best striker we are likely so see at Ewood for many a year to come, financially and taking into account the above managerial master strokes by the club we surely have to accept a guaranteed deal of £12m

Agree with this. Especially the bold part. He is the best striker we will see in a long time, but in the situation we are in, we would be stupid not to take this. Provided that they actually pay the entire wage. How could we say no if we have any intention whatsoever to get a transfer ban lifted?

Managers at the top want him. Groundhog Gaz is still making up his mind.

Who's right? Answers on a postcard.

This board has made its mind up and want shut.

just wait til next season and the goals stop ...yes I will 100% be on here TELLING YOU SO.

not you shaun but the haters.

Managers at the top want him. Groundhog Gaz is still making up his mind.

Who's right? Answers on a postcard.

Rhodes has been here 3 seasons now and we haven't acheived promotion - That of course isn't his fault, but given the fact that he was bought with the specific intention of firing us to promotion, it saldy hasn't been a worthwhile investment.

£12m is a very good offer and 9.9999 times of of 10 I would accept it and begin planning for next season.

Sadly, we are under a transfer embargo so no hope of replacing him unless it's a freebie or a very astute loan. God forbid we'll be stuck with Rudy and Brown as our front two - This is a very sticky situation and without being privvy to the discussions/plans of how to go about replacing him, I literally couldn't decide whether I would want to sell him or not.

I'm off to tie a pillow on to my arse, this fence is giving me splinters....

just wait til next season and the goals stop ...yes I will 100% be on here TELLING YOU SO.

You wouldn't, would you? :)

Trouble is Abbey, we should have sold him when we could actually spend that cash on three or four players who would have improved the team. Too late now, it's been an expensive mistake.

Bottom line for me is that we simply can't afford to pay any player £40,000 a week on gates of 10,000 to 12,000.

Bottom line is we've been dry bummed by the lunes and maybe just maybe if bowyer was more positive and played to rhodes strengths we would of been challenging .

You wouldn't, would you? :)

Trouble is Abbey, we should have sold him when we could actually spend that cash on three or four players who would have improved the team. Too late now, it's been an expensive mistake.

See above

Bottom line is we've been dry bummed by the lunes and maybe just maybe if bowyer was more positive and played to rhodes strengths we would of been challenging .

For every goal he scores Abbey, he then spends another 180 odd minutes doing absolutely nothing. What we gain from his goal scoring, we lose through his displays, meaning as a team it got us nowhere.

No such thing as a Rhodes hater Abbey, unless of course you've been spending too much of your weekend sat on Clarets Mad or whatever their forums called.

There are a growing number of realists who note that Rhodes' ability is severly lacking in many areas of his game and that £12m is a very decent offer for a player of his level. The problem we have is that we aren't privvy to the plan of how to replace him and improve our team. We can't just lose his goals and not improve the squad - so where does that leave us with regards to the embargo? Is there an opportunity to free up some salary for some quality loan signings or even to work more effectively in the free transfer market?

Funny though - You, me and a very large portion of the BRFC fanbase chastised Mrs D for ignoring a key issue at the club through sheer stupidity and stubborness all because we dared to have a differing viewpoint. By completely closing your eyes to any offer for JR which you appear to be doing, you would be employing the same mantra as her.... "The more people (and evidence) continue to suggest that it would be the right decision, the more I will continue to resist and accuse every man and his dog of being a Rhodes hater"

All you need to do now is tell us that Rhodes is 'Unsellable' and you might aswell move out to Pune and start wearing a saree ^_^

• Moderation Lead

For the record KH, I've never called Rhodes lazy.

I never said you did, but my point was that Rhodes gets criticism for his lack of all round game (which is perfectly valid by the way), but Rudy seems to get a free pass when he has looked disinterested for a while (barring the Liverpool away game where he died on his feet around 60 minutes in) imo.

Why is it assumed that it's the board who have decided to get rid of Rhodes? I've heard things that suggest that was not where the first idea of a loan now came from. Now whether it's true or not I don't know and you know I never claim to be ITK but just saying...

Archived