BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My respect for gestede has gone now let him go .

Agree with that Abbey. If the player doesn't want to be here then let's cash in and get rid. He will be a huge loss but at the end of the day you either want to play for Rovers or you don't. No point in keeping people who would rather be elsewhere.

• Backroom

We should be used to it by now. I remember Samba would be into the media angling for a move as soon as every transfer window opened, accompanied by phantom injuries which mysteriously ruled him out of matches around January time. Rudy must have been watching.

And there was me thinking the lessons of the last 5 years might have been learnt. Are we running a professional club here, or a club that's just happy to have nice lovely people turning out for it?

I wonder if Palace will come in for Gestede this summer.Palace are set to takeover with NBA Philadelphia 76ers owner Harris by this summer if talks keep progressing well. but according to the Daily Mail article online they are set to spend big this summer.

If Palace do come in for Gestede wonder whether we could get Gayle on loan for a season

Gestede in yesterday Sun interview said this about Rhodes "Jordan could be at a new club as well because he has been scoring goals for three or four years now. I hope we both get a good move"

I read the interview yesterday in the sun and have to admit it left a sour taste. In today's game you don't have to go to the papers to get you out of a club, players pay agents a fortune just make them earn their cash. Agent contacts the club tells them rudy is desperate to leave, club X is interested and willing to pay Y, rovers say we want Z amount or no move and all this is played out behind closed doors and fans don't know anything about it and Rudy will leave respected by the fans. At the moment he hasn't handled himself at all well and looks extremely unprofessional. He maybe wants to look how well superstars like Samba and Bentley did after "big" engineered moves from Ewood!

Agree with that Abbey. If the player doesn't want to be here then let's cash in and get rid. He will be a huge loss but at the end of the day you either want to play for Rovers or you don't. No point in keeping people who would rather be elsewhere.

Exactly .. Even if he wants to go he shouldn't put out all over the media . Disrespectful to everyone , fans , manager and thru gritted teeth the slumdogs .

totally agree with both of you.

Abbey, you have made some very good points today about Gestede's comments.

I'm a big fan of Gestede the player on the pitch and the type of player he is but there is NO need for his comments.

Bowyer and his scouts have to find another player similar to Gestede and for free.

Reduced to selling our few best players and begging for other clubs Loans.

Sad,bad days these.

Certainly no way to put a promotion squad together.

Still, at least the guy who wasted the last two seasons when we did is likely to be rewarded for failure and will have to go through it all with us. Well, those of us who are left.

Reduced to selling our few best players and begging for other clubs Loans.

Sad,bad days these.

Simply back to our past in many ways. I well remember a cracking little full-back - Geoff Hutt - who we had on loan from Huddersfield and Jim Smith wanted to sign him permanently. I think the fee was around £6,000 or so but we couldn't afford it. Difficult to see how you put a promotion winning team together on freebies and loans. It's vital that in the next twelve months we get the embargo lifted.

Simply back to our past in many ways. I well remember a cracking little full-back - Geoff Hutt - who we had on loan from Huddersfield and Jim Smith wanted to sign him permanently. I think the fee was around £6,000 or so but we couldn't afford it. Difficult to see how you put a promotion winning team together on freebies and loans. It's vital that in the next twelve months we get the embargo lifted.

Then what?

It's vital that in the next twelve months we get the embargo lifted.

I'd say FFP is irrelevant whilst we have an academy manager in place. It's vital we instill someone to get the best out of what we have and is capable of getting a few favours in from top premier teams for some loans.

totally agree with both of you.

Abbey, you have made some very good points today about Gestede's comments.

I'm a big fan of Gestede the player on the pitch and the type of player he is but there is NO need for his comments.

Bowyer and his scouts have to find another player similar to Gestede and for free.

Eveyone bar an idiot knows he is on his way. We rescued him from the Cardiff reserves ,we made him a saleble assest and his respectless comments have peed me off know end....chaddy be careful talking to me it is always mistrued :)

Archived