BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Might as well start a thread as Kinder has now the U'21's into the cup final (anyone know where & when it is BTW?)

U'18's won at Newcastle

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Match/Report/AcademyReport/0,,10278~4547946,00.html

The conspiracy theory fruit loops are leaving this thread alone so this could be the place were normal folk can talk about the new Academy chief.

Terrific achievement in getting the U21s to the cup final, all the best to Mr Kinder.

the under 21's cup is nothing of the prestige you might think it is. there were very notable absences from the competition from the start including Man U, Chelsea and Arse.....we were lucky enough to get a bye into the last 16 and have played 3 games to get to the final....@#/? cup not worth winning.

Penny to a pound the lads in the squad don't think that way

maybe not, but if some of them don't start to show the quality that will enable them to step up, then it's a complete waste of time. At the moment I don't see one player in the U21 who could comfortably step up.

maybe not, but if some of them don't start to show the quality that will enable them to step up, then it's a complete waste of time. At the moment I don't see one player in the U21 who could comfortably step up.

I don't see that as a reason not to care about them possibly winning a trophy. They are wearing the famous blue'n'white.

• Like 2

That's fine if it's your opinion.

To some of us the football club is much more than the first team.

Seemingly not to bowyer.

How many of the under 21s have seen any 1st team game time this year?(at our club and in any competition)

Edited by I.must.be.batty

That's fine if it's your opinion.

To some of us the football club is much more than the first team.

Couldn't agree more Aggy. If they are representing Blackburn Rovers and they get to a final then it's an achievement to be welcomed. These lads have played some decent stuff at times this season and are to be congratulated on their achievement.

• Backroom

Some people can't wait to have a go can they? Probably one of the best and biggest games these lads have had! Let them enjoy it and hopefully they win! Get that winning mentality in their heads and get them driving on into the 1st team.

Love how they're being written off when quite a few of them can't even legally drink yet and are competing against squads up to 5 years older than them on a regular basis.

But still, they've achieved jackshit.......

Edited by Mike Ellison
  • Like 2

Might also instill a bit of pride and loyalty in the shirt and badge if they do make it ( however unlikely in might seem in this day and age )

Regardless, its still an achievement whatever the shirt that is being worn just makes it better with it being in the Blue n White

As ME states above hopefully they will win - positive mental attitude - and drive them on to bigger and better things

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the contract situation for some of these guys ?

Devarn Green, David Raya, Dean Rittenberg, Jordan Preston, Hyuga Tanner, Darragh Lenihan and Ryan Nyambe are some that are running out this summer.

I know that John O'Sullivan got tied up recently.

Any news on the contract situation for some of these guys ?

Devarn Green, David Raya, Dean Rittenberg, Jordan Preston, Hyuga Tanner, Darragh Lenihan and Ryan Nyambe are some that are running out this summer.

I know that John O'Sullivan got tied up recently.

I would re-sign Green, Raya, Rittenberg, Lenihan and Nyambe

Chaddy do you watch these or are you going off hearsay ?

I haven't seen much of the Under 21's this season but I spoken to a couple of people who attend the games.

but the only way we will ever know if they are good enough for the first team is by given them first team action.

I know Lenihan was very good during his loan spell at Burton.

I haven't seen much of the Under 21's this season but I spoken to a couple of people who attend the games.

but the only way we will ever know if they are good enough for the first team is by given them first team action.

I know Lenihan was very good during his loan spell at Burton.

I don't watch the U21 games either but all I can put Bowyer's reluctance to play them is fear. Yesterday would have been ideal to put a couple in the side and have a look at them. Instead we have a two loan players and several out of contract players in who possibly won't be with us next season. This is the same fear that has cost us many points over the last two seasons.