BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Saints U21's manager Martin Hunter said - " they(Blackburn) were direct to say the least and very aggressive."

What did he expect us to do? Lie down and let them steamroller us? Pillock!

Incidentally, their No10 has the makings of a great player. Jake Hesketh. One to watch.

Edited by bazza

Thanks for that will be good to see

Thomson is one of the lads with the first team squad recently after being released by Carlisle earlier in the season - did he look up to it?

Oh eck, we're getting Carlisle cast offs now are we....? It's a known fact that their academy isn't much cop....we seem to be descending into preparation for lower league football. The under 21 are a bunch of cloggers, anyone seen that Carson in midfield ? Captain and I have a bunch of 16 years olds with better technique.

I worry.

• Like 1

And all this and you still watched the test ?

Went game.

Miss 3 hours of the 1st day. But still kept up to date with the game via Sky Sports app on phone and what Cricket writers and Jornos were saying on Twitter. Modern technology for you. Haha. Plus listened to Radio 4 LW coverage on way and back from Ewood Park.

How more questions Abbey about it???

Edited by chaddyrovers

Went game.

Miss 3 hours of the 1st day. But still kept up to date with the game via Sky Sports app on phone and what Cricket writers and Jornos were saying on Twitter. Modern technology for you. Haha. Plus listened to Radio 4 LW coverage on way and back from Ewood Park.

3 shredded wheat this morning Chaddy?

Went game.

So you didn't watch the game fully ? you were on your phone all match ? ;):P

you CANT watch a "FULL MATCH" and watch the cricket at the same time and give assesments on players in BOTH matches. Yes you can watch SOME of of each . If Chaddy had said "it sounded like England batted well" theres no problem . However him and a nother said we shall only deal in FACTS. He cant have it both ways

• Moderation Lead

Does it really matter when all is said and done? Just put him on ignore if you don't like what he says rather than arguing the toss with everything he says.

You're both probably sound in person, and I bet you'd get on!

Edited by K-Hod

Here you go Chaddy -

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restraining_order

oh sheilas back

Does it really matter when all is said and done?

its only jest at the remarks the other day about only dealing in facts..light hearted is what its meant .

So just to confirm, Bowyer didn't play the youth players vs Reading as they needed resting for the cup final and was defended to the hilt for his decision to not chuck them on...

Now the same youth players didn't feature in the youth cup game in prep for a first team game? Still waiting for some to defend Bowyer's decision to not play them now...

Let's just all agree, Bowyer is clueless.

I don't agree with you Mustard. To bring this back to the true topic, The u21s and academy has improved tenfold in the past year and that is down to the changing tide behind the doors at ewood. No more "new Stevie Gee's", no more Agents sons, no more 10k a week for sheffield reserve players.

• Like 1

I don't agree with you Mustard. To bring this back to the true topic, The u21s and academy has improved tenfold in the past year and that is down to the changing tide behind the doors at ewood. No more "new Stevie Gee's", no more Agents sons, no more 10k a week for sheffield reserve players.

Fair enough. I'm not questioning the progression of the academy after Kean et al systematically tore it apart. What I am questioning is Bowyer's decision to not throw any kids on vs Reading, the subsequent excuses of those who defend him claiming it was for the u21 cup final, only to be proven that they weren't included in that game due to first team commitments, highlighting that Bowyer did in fact leave them out of the Reading game as he's tactically clueless.

Forgetting two years of indifferent form, which would suggest that GB is tactically inconsistent rather than clueless...

Not throwing the kids in is now the definition of "clueless"?

The u21s is an avenue for us to set a style of play that matches the first team (did anyone see the winger setup btw) and to push players into contention for first team places. The first team is a big step up for many, in some peoples opinion too big for a few of our current first teamers namely our captain.

Jake Kean is an example of mishandling(ahem) of youth players. If these players are ready, they will be chosen. Do I think GB will consistently get the decision on whether it is the right time or not? I doubt it. But I also have faith that he knows better than throwing in Edinho Jr esq "Greenhorns".

As I said, the time has probably come for a few of this current batch but there can only be 11 players on the pitch at one time. I personally would stick Raya in the net for the last few games and let Eastwood and Steele go get ready to fight out for No1 spot next season.

Forgetting two years of indifferent form, which would suggest that GB is tactically inconsistent rather than clueless...

Not throwing the kids in is now the definition of "clueless"?

The u21s is an avenue for us to set a style of play that matches the first team (did anyone see the winger setup btw) and to push players into contention for first team places. The first team is a big step up for many, in some peoples opinion too big for a few of our current first teamers namely our captain.

Jake Kean is an example of mishandling(ahem) of youth players. If these players are ready, they will be chosen. Do I think GB will consistently get the decision on whether it is the right time or not? I doubt it. But I also have faith that he knows better than throwing in Edinho Jr esq "Greenhorns".

As I said, the time has probably come for a few of this current batch but there can only be 11 players on the pitch at one time. I personally would stick Raya in the net for the last few games and let Eastwood and Steele go get ready to fight out for No1 spot next season.

Not making another sub after the standard one made in the 60th minute whilst our team delivers a lacklustre performance in a nothing game. It just stinks of the guy not having a clue/not being arsed/being too scared to even play the kids. I don't understand why he wouldn't make a couple of changes to at least bring a spark to a woeful away showing in front of paying, travelling fans.

We've all seen how dodgy he is with subs throughout the season Jbizzle.

Not making another sub after the standard one made in the 60th minute whilst our team delivers a lacklustre performance in a nothing game. It just stinks of the guy not having a clue/not being arsed/being too scared to even play the kids. I don't understand why he wouldn't make a couple of changes to at least bring a spark to a woeful away showing in front of paying, travelling fans.

We've all seen how dodgy he is with subs throughout the season Jbizzle.

You mean like the forest away game? or Taylor and Conway changing the Fulham away game? Tunnicliffe coming off the bench and grabbing the game by the neck in the reading home game?

Granted - this is not consistent in every game, but its plain to see he is not "clueless"

He doesn't always get it right. I think that is one of his weakest areas but to take the u21s discussion into another different little reason to moan - gah its practically mind rotting. I'm only posting because i'm specifically trying to take my mind off something and this is my last reply to this argument thats spewed from the GB discussion thread.

You mean like the forest away game? or Taylor and Conway changing the Fulham away game? Tunnicliffe coming off the bench and grabbing the game by the neck in the reading home game?

Granted - this is not consistent in every game, but its plain to see he is not "clueless"

He doesn't always get it right. I think that is one of his weakest areas but to take the u21s discussion into another different little reason to moan - gah its practically mind rotting. I'm only posting because i'm specifically trying to take my mind off something and this is my last reply to this argument thats spewed from the GB discussion thread.

I'd say he gets selections and subs wrong more often than he gets it right. I'd wager that if I was put in charge of Rovers now (assuming I had a footballing background and thus would command at least a bit of respect from the players) that I would make the odd correct selection/sub. And that applies for almost everyone.

One example I use as to why he is certainly lacking tactically. When I saw us play Norwich at home. Olsson and Redmond on Norwich's left flank = lots of pace and overlapping. So he plays Baptiste RB with Cairney on the wing. Cairney, as a natural CM was clearly going to get sucked inside and leave Baptiste exposed. A couple of times Olsson got in behind due to this but luckily nothing came of it, and even more luckily Baptiste had an absolute stormer.

It was obvious to a blind man that this would happen yet Bowyer seemingly didn't account for this. Little things like this make a difference over the course of the season and, forgetting the consistently inverted wingers and the hoofball tactics, I think he has proven time again that he just doesn't have the brains to outwit the better managers in this league (which explains our record against the teams above us).