BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Too right we should be glad to be there, only reason Southampton aren't winning by more is that we are rough and dirty team

Bloody commentators

You can almost tell their disdain that we are on tv, our U21s have now been on Sky as many times as first team this season.

Edited by hollowsr

• Backroom

Have you heard this bloody commentator?

Anyone would think we are a non league outfit up against the boys of la masia.

Tbf, we're a team of mostly U18's vs a team that has a fair bit first team PL experience.

Surely Mahoney has got to be worth a punt in the first team? He looks the part.

I think we'll be seeing more of Mahoney and O'Sullivan next season. Possibly even Nyambe towards the end, who has impressed me today. That number 14 is doing very well for a 16yo too.

More on Southampton tonight than at Ewood Saturday

So their should be, top half of the premiership enjoying the best season in years Tom.

Sad thing is we used to be this club....

Surely Mahoney has got to be worth a punt in the first team? He looks the part.

Tbf, we're a team of mostly U18's vs a team that has a fair bit first team PL experience.

I think we'll be seeing more of Mahoney and O'Sullivan next season. Possibly even Nyambe towards the end, who has impressed me today. That number 14 is doing very well for a 16yo too.

Let's not get carried away. This is the biggest game of their young lives in front of, I imagine, the biggest crowd.

Still, this has been more enjoyable than many first team games this season.

Pretty damning stat that our U21s have been on TV as much as our first team. Fair play my arse.

Sounds like Southampton (club) have certainly got on and off field sorted for the future

Yes they have. Like Swansea and Bournemouth and Brentford and a few others.

But we don't have a future and should be looking at amalgamating with our rivals (copyright thenodrog).

• Like 2

• Backroom

Or it's two teams that have got to the same stage of the competition on merit.

Yes, but the gulf is comparable to us and Liverpool imo. Though this would be in development as well as ability, AND calibre of management.

Bit like the FA Cup tie against Liverpool Mike :rock:

Got nowt to do with it surely, the magic of the cup eh :tu:

Edited by GAV
  • Like 1

Wasn't that Mahoneys dad on here a few month back calling the academy saying they played sides that where far superior an they just weren't competitive and they don't get chances in first team etc? Would be interesting if anyone can recall that?

Edited by adsfortheblues

Yes, but the gulf is comparable to us and Liverpool imo. Though this would be in development as well as ability, AND calibre of management.

Sure we concede experience amongst other things to Southampton, but these guys have gone a bit over the top. "Doing well to still be in the game with 20 minutes left" being just one example.

Just so thankful they haven't steamrollered us this lot.....

Edited by donnermeat

Sure we concede experience amongst other things to Southampton, but these guys have gone a bit over the top. "Doing well to still be in the game with 20 minutes left" being just one example.

Just so thankful they haven't steamrollered us this lot.....

Is the guy with Le Tissier drunk? He seems unsteady on his feet and slurring his words. I sincerely hope some of these lads get some game time for Bowyers first team before the season ends.