BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

By JAL logic, does that mean he's a worldie or destined for the Conference?

Only seen him play against his age group what hes like against grown men might be a different story same goes for all of them suppose. Edited by JAL

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/non-league/no-dunn-deal-yet-but-brig-hopeful-1-7703553

Seems that the sons of David Dunn and Lucash Neill are enrolled in the Academy. No real surprise with Dunn who probably has his own keys to come and go as he pleases. I would have thought Lucash would have tried to enroll his son at the "prestigious academy of football" since he spoke so much higher of West Ham. Guess its because he's returned to this area.

Pretty sure the kids aren't anywhere first team age yet though Dunn's son is at least 10 years old. Hopefully they haven't just been given a position because of who their Fathers are. It wouldn't do them or the club any favours.

Edited by VinjayV4

• 2 weeks later...

Rovers have been boosted by the news they have made Top 4 in the league. They now face the other top 3 teams from the North division and the top 4 teams in the South. Rovers join Man City, Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Reading, Fulham and West Ham, some big teams with big academys so should be seen as a massive success. We have beaten Man Utd, Boro, Newcastle and Sunderland to get top 4 so should be proud and hopefully shows signs of some promising talent in the ranks at the moment.

Should be a good game tonight.....beating Villa and Leicester shows we can raise to big games even if at the last minute however Luton done very well in their own league having finished top with a record of W17 D 2 L3, they've not had as tough a route to this stage but obviously here on merit and will be up for causing an upset.

• Like 2

Lambert's comments on the youth team

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-blackburn-rovers-luton-town-fa-youth-cup.-2969600.aspx

Lambert said that Connor Mahoney, Jack Doyle, Scott Wharton, Ryan Nyambe have been training with the First team via Rovers player whilst being interview about tonight game

Edited by chaddyrovers

Well that was an enjoyable detour from the usual fare at Ewood. A very accomplished display. Very strong in the centre of midfield and with Hardcastle in attack, and quick on both flanks. Decent goalkeeper. The atithesis of the first team. There will be tougher times ahead but that was great.

Bloody freezing mind!

Yes I enjoyed that.

It would have been nice if a person was handing out the team sheets instead of laying them on the bar which was shut. I managed to get one but the man next to me went back to get one and they had all gone.

Hardcastle scored with a free kick after 10 minutes which seemed to go through the wall and surprise their keeper, Gooch.

Luton played well and were the better side for the rest of the first half. But in the second half we played better and apart from a defensive error towards the end which might have given them an equaliser, we deserved to go through.

Rovers team: Andrew Fisher; Ryan Nyambe, Scott Wharton, Matthew Platt, Josh Askew; Lewis Hardcastle; Tre Pemberton, Joe Rankin-Costello, Stefan Mols,Ramirez Howarth; Lewis Mansell.

I was impressed with all the players especially Fisher, Wharton and Platt, and Mols. Hardcastle had a good game but I thought Mansell was quiet; maybe not enough service.

Pemberton upped his game in the second half. He seemed a bit lightweight in the first half.

Joe Grayson replaced Mols and later Mason Fawns replaced Pemberton.

Other subs not used were Lewis Travis, Ben Ascroft and Joel Steer.

I think Stefan Mols will make a good player.

• Like 1

Thanks for that summary Bazza.

What type of player is Mols?

Also did Hardcastle play in Centre Midfield?

How did Joe Rankin-Costello play?

Mols has a mop of black hair and looks a bit like John Bailey.

No 10 on his back he chases all over the attacking midfield. A very busy player. He may not be the best in the side but I think he has the makings.

Lewis Hardcastle sat in front of the back four and looked very comfortable.

Costello played OK. They all did but the two centre backs and goalie caught my eye.

Grayson looked useful when he came on. As I said it was a good all round team effort.

Good summary there Bazza.

I thought Mols was our man of the match, Luton whilst pressing towards end of each half didnt really sustain any pressure on our goal till last 5mins of the game where it got very nervy

In response to Chaddy - Mols is quite small but very athletic, likes to play high up the pitch from centre midfield, ball to feet and slip balls behind the defence, can spread the play quite well also.

Hardcastle played CM but most defensive of the 3 normally, he reads the game superbly and from this think you can tell he has played first team football, even if at Salford. He started slowly but grew into game

Don't like to criticise the youngsters but for me Rankin-Costello and Nyambe were the worse two for us, slow on and off the ball.

Also thought Grayson looked good when he came on, seen him a few times now and he's looked good each time, has a very big strong physique for a lad his age, does help but he has a good left foot and decent delivery

Edited by hollowsr

Where was Willam Tomlinson tonight ?

Good summary there Bazza.

I thought Mols was our man of the match, Luton whilst pressing towards end of each half didnt really sustain any pressure on our goal till last 5mins of the game where it got very nervy

In response to Chaddy - Mols is quite small but very athletic, likes to play high up the pitch from centre midfield, ball to feet and slip balls behind the defence, can spread the play quite well also.

Hardcastle played CM but most defensive of the 3 normally, he reads the game superbly and from this think you can tell he has played first team football, even if at Salford. He started slowly but grew into game

Don't like to criticise the youngsters but for me Rankin-Costello and Nyambe were the worse two for us, slow on and off the ball.

Also thought Grayson looked good when he came on, seen him a few times now and he's looked good each time, has a very big strong physique for a lad his age, does help but he has a good left foot and decent delivery

If one of the lads has a good left foot then why is Lambert bringin in young lads from Swansea ? Edited by JAL