BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Cham and Green seem to have disappeared as of late

I watched Cham play at stockport in November and was ther best player by a mile. Not seen him since.

Speak of the devil. Cham back to National League North with Hednesford Town on a month-long loan. http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/modou-cham-hednesford-town-2988509.aspx

Apparently been set back by a calf injury.

Edited by RoverCanada

• Backroom

From Paul Wheelocks Twitter

#rovers' FA Youth Cup semi-final first leg v Chelsea at Ewood Park on Friday, March 18 will now kick-off at 7.45pm and be shown live on ITV4

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Out of interest seeing as the new direction is wanting our new manager to work with the Academy I was wondering if there either anyone who goes to the U-21 U-18 and if there are any names that they are impressed with who they believe could be a decent step up to be around the first team.

Obviously on our case Jack Doyle has been mentioned but I don't know much about him, Connor Mahoney has finally broken through as well, and we have a few other names in and around the area.

Fine effort from our Under 21s last night in the play-off against Arsenal. Eventually lost 2-1 to a late winner, but important to point out that Arsenal put a side out containing Chambers, Rosicky, Cazorla and Gnabry.

The future looks bright for the younger Rovers and their performances and progress have been one of the few positives in this wretched season.

• Backroom

Why wasn't Dunn there anyone know?

Joe Rankin-Costello seems to be the new hope these days

Edited by Tom M

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing a rumour u18 football has been scrapped by the slumdogs . All U18 going out on loan .. No idea if it's a true rumour but you know these keaners

I think that's one thing we don't have to worry about. The Under-18's will be continuing as normal next season according to those who should know.

Too bad Cham and Tanner turned out no goods like Cotton and Rittenberg for example. Hope there is better prospects coming but real talents should be first teamers very early at club like us.

I was hoping Tomlinson and Nyambe to break on last season but they weren't even on squad.

Edited by The Rover of Finland

Wonder if Tanner will make his way to the A league and follow in the footsteps of ex Rover Jamie Maclaren (released 2013) whose just been called up to the Aussie squad after finishing second highest scorer and awarded young player of the season in the A league and Brisbane'' Player of the year.

Edited by perthblue02

Wonder if Tanner will make his way to the A league and follow in the footsteps of ex Rover Jamie Maclaren (released 2013) whose just been called up to the Aussie squad after finishing second highest scorer and awarded young player of the season in the A league and Brisbane'' Player of the year.

I hope they get some pro games under their belt and make a go of their career elsewhere, all the best to them. Tanner was a standout talent at one stage wasn't he?

Pleased that Maclaren is making progress, good on him, always nice to see some of the 'no-hopers' try and prove they're good enough