BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

No many positives these days but just a mention for the U 16's and the Academy this morning v Utd

Two wins and some cracking football all round.

Got to say Billy Barr deserves real credit. The U 18's were two nil down with the United lads getting full themselves only to get back to win 3 -2.

In dark days there is a little bit of light at least with the youngsters.

• Like 5

On 18/02/2017 at 2:31 PM, Riverside67 said:

No many positives these days but just a mention for the U 16's and the Academy this morning v Utd

Two wins and some cracking football all round.

Got to say Billy Barr deserves real credit. The U 18's were two nil down with the United lads getting full themselves only to get back to win 3 -2.

In dark days there is a little bit of light at least with the youngsters.

United's youth team is nothing compared to Citys R67 interesting to see young Alex Curran score the second.

• Backroom

Question for Parson - how do you feel about Dunn moving up ahead of DJ?

Is this a slight on Johnson or more that he needs to keep in the role he's clearly doing well in.

I'd rather they both stayed as they were for now 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Question for Parson - how do you feel about Dunn moving up ahead of DJ?

Is this a slight on Johnson or more that he needs to keep in the role he's clearly doing well in.

I'd rather they both stayed as they were for now 

To be honest Tom I would have liked to have seen Dunny stay with Johnson, although as Under-23 games rarely if ever clash with first team games, I can see him continuing some involvement with the Under-23's.   Dunny will bring some much needed passion to the first team.  Johnson has done a great job with the Under-23's so it's a real plus that he is staying in that role.

3 hours ago, JAL said:

Man City have blown United away in the north west at youth level. 

Been a very interesting special on 5live tonight and about talent spotting in Manchester. Basically city try to sign everything up from the age if 4-5, and offer a private education up to 18 even if the players are released before then. Makes it very difficult for parents to turn down. 

11 hours ago, SamTheLeedsRover said:

Been a very interesting special on 5live tonight and about talent spotting in Manchester. Basically city try to sign everything up from the age if 4-5, and offer a private education up to 18 even if the players are released before then. Makes it very difficult for parents to turn down. 

I can't see much point in that when none of those kids will get a place in their first team. I suppose it prevents other teams getting them though.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see much point in that when none of those kids will get a place in their first team. I suppose it prevents other teams getting them though.

That was a big point raised actually.  A lot of it is to stop United getting them.

I teach in Shrewsbury, and we have had a lad at City since the age of 6.  Has to train in Manchester twice a week.  Madness