BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

The U23s start their Premier League 2 campaign tonight against Wolves....k/o 7pm at Ewood

expect quite a strong line up for this one here's my team

Fisher

C. Doyle          Platt.           Grayson

Travis.    Tomlinson.  Hardcastle.    J Doyle

Rankin-Costello.      Mols

Nutalll

subs

Albinson

Thompson

Mansell

Butterworth

Magloire

should be a decent game and will be interesting to see how this formation works as in pre season it has produced some good football 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

The U23s start their Premier League 2 campaign tonight against Wolves....k/o 7pm at Ewood

expect quite a strong line up for this one here's my team

Fisher

C. Doyle          Platt.           Grayson

Travis.    Tomlinson.  Hardcastle.    J Doyle

Rankin-Costello.      Mols

Nutalll

subs

Albinson

Thompson

Mansell

Butterworth

Magloire

should be a decent game and will be interesting to see how this formation works as in pre season it has produced some good football 

Free for season ticket holders, I might pop down and see how they do.

Now that was how football should be played. Energetic, tenacious, quick, high pressing, attack-minded.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening. Mols really impressed me, despite an early booking when the ref deemed a foul to be a dive, and with Nuttall having an excellent contribution, and looking strong, and Hardcastle dictating. The Doyle full backs impressed as well. A simple 4-4-2 formation was in such contrast to the over elaborate first team effort.

It seemed like men against boys, with a young looking Wolves side who were quite indisciplined. Their manager must have got the fired up with a half time rollicking because they were fired up and their manager was even sent to the stands for swearing at the referee. Bit embarrassing really.

Mowbray who was watching from the directors box (inside) will have a decision to make about whether Nuttall deserves a first team substitute appearance some time soon. But with his lack of attacking ambition and signing of Antonsson, he might need to go on loan to get more of a test.

Excellent performance tonight.  Totally agree Stuart that Mols was outstanding and Nuttall led the line exceptionally well.  Scott Sellars was clearly unhappy with the officials and ended up being sent off.  Last season the Under-23's were excellent to watch - certainly more so than the seniors and it looks like it will be the same again this season.  Johnson and Dunn are doing a fantastic job with the style of football that they get these lads playing.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Excellent performance tonight.  Totally agree Stuart that Mols was outstanding and Nuttall led the line exceptionally well.  Scott Sellars was clearly unhappy with the officials and ended up being sent off.  Last season the Under-23's were excellent to watch - certainly more so than the seniors and it looks like it will be the same again this season.  Johnson and Dunn are doing a fantastic job with the style of football that they get these lads playing.

Looking like it could be the same contrasting experience again.

Didn't recognise young Scott on the touchline. Blimey, he's let himself go! Looked proper rough and could do with a shave.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm reading the U23s played a similar system to the first team on Sat ?

Let this Nuttall lad have a go at Burnley in the reserves cup !

They played 3-4-2-1, so a bit different to the 5-4-1 on Saturday, but they actually look like they are well drilled and know how to play it. Mols does look decent, works hard and has a bit of pace, looks like he can put a cross in as well. Nuttall is very raw but definitely has something about him. Tomlinson didn't stand out, and I can now see why his first team opportunities have been limited. Jack Doyle isn't ready yet so we certainly need a new left back before the window shuts. I was very impressed with the middle centre half, Platt, he is definitely no worse than Ward and deserves a go.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm reading the U23s played a similar system to the first team on Sat ?

Let this Nuttall lad have a go at Burnley in the reserves cup !

Played four at the back tonight. But the full backs looked to get forward.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Played four at the back tonight. But the full backs looked to get forward.

It was three Stuart Grayson left side Platt in the middle and Charles Doyle right side with Travis slightly further forward right side and Jack Doyle further forwsrd left side.

Was Joe Nuttall wearing a pair of Nora Batty's bloomers for shorts ?

Edited by JAL

47 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

They played 3-4-2-1, so a bit different to the 5-4-1 on Saturday, but they actually look like they are well drilled and know how to play it. Mols does look decent, works hard and has a bit of pace, looks like he can put a cross in as well. Nuttall is very raw but definitely has something about him. Tomlinson didn't stand out, and I can now see why his first team opportunities have been limited. Jack Doyle isn't ready yet so we certainly need a new left back before the window shuts. I was very impressed with the middle centre half, Platt, he is definitely no worse than Ward and deserves a go.

For Mom I'd go with Matty Platt !

for him to step up to first team I'd say he must make sure that every short pass is good and sensible plus win all his individual battles. The fifty yard pas through he played to Joe Nuttall for his second Rovers third if it was him was fantastic just beating Stephan Mols cut back pass for Joe Nuttalls third.

Just now, JAL said:

It was three Stuart Grayson left side Platt in the middle and Charles Doyle right side with Travis slightly further forward right side and Jack Doyle further forwsrd left side.

Was Joe Nuttall wearing a pair Nora Batty's bloomers for shorts ?

I hate these modern shorts, I would have hated to play in them. Having said that I was reading an article about the football bribery case in the 1960's. Peter Swan, the England centre half was wearing the shortest shorts I've ever seem. They were like my underpants.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nuttall have any pace?

If so throw him a chance against Bradford and Kilgallon!

Ordinary pace but a big boy can see why he didn't make City but Wolves weren't that effective despite having their fair share of the ball.One thing I would say is Lewis Mansell hasn't a hope in he'll of making the pro game on tonight's short performance.

Bit I'm curious to watch Daniel Butterworth again.

Edited by JAL

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Thought Rovers goals came mainly from our right side. 

Was disappointed with Joe Rankin Costello tonight and Jack Doyle from an attacking point of view.

Charley Doyle looks an interesting character where did he come from thought he had a decent game despite looking like a pub player ?

Edited by JAL