BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• Backroom

Whilst he's in a hot streak you've got to consider giving the lad a chance

As said pace and power will make up for a lot in this league and for that alone could be more effective than an immobile Graham 

10 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Funny how all the U-23 results show how attacking this formation can be... with the right players.

Also does this not only reflect well on Damien Johnson but also Eric Kinder?  Was he the one who restructured the team and pushed the younger ones through early?

Think is how the 3-4-2-1 formation should be played.

lets hope the 1st team can start playing this attacking style.

On Nuttall, 5 goals in 2 games is very good and lets hope he can develop enough to break into the 1st team this season.

1 hour ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Funny how all the U-23 results show how attacking this formation can be... with the right players.

Also does this not only reflect well on Damien Johnson but also Eric Kinder?  Was he the one who restructured the team and pushed the younger ones through early?

Eric Kinder pushed Mansell, Warton, Hardcastle, Tomlison, and Platt up to the 21s as they were then very early 17/18 some stayed up there and some went back to the 18s

he played a big part in pushing Rankin-Costello up to the 21s and he was playing 21s football at 16 which is pretty impressive and was sometimes the best player on the pitch and he's been there ever since only playing for the 18s in the youth cup

he was also instrumental in pushing Dan Butterworth up to the 23s early into his scholarship he was 17 and seems he will be staying up with them 

Kinder was big in pushing them up but they do need to show they are capable to get the chance

Kinder basically binned the two intakes of scholars before Wharton et al, on his return he felt both the standards of coaching and player had slipped since he left and set about working on a clean slate from that group of Scholars. You can tell they've played together for a number of years and are comfortable in the way they play. Whether that makes them good enough to play in the first team remains to be seen. There is a huge difference in the physicality and competitiveness of the U23 league and professional football.

As for Nyambe being able to defend, it raises the question of what is a good defender in the modern game. There is a really interesting article by Jonathon Wilson on the evolution of defending. In the modern game being able to use the ball and act as an additional ball player is held in higher regard than someone who is purely a stopper. Also full back in the prem made 123 crosses in the opening weekend in comparison to 82 tackles. Shows just how the modern defender is used today.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Kinder basically binned the two intakes of scholars before Wharton et al, on his return he felt both the standards of coaching and player had slipped since he left and set about working on a clean slate from that group of Scholars. You can tell they've played together for a number of years and are comfortable in the way they play. Whether that makes them good enough to play in the first team remains to be seen. There is a huge difference in the physicality and competitiveness of the U23 league and professional football.

As for Nyambe being able to defend, it raises the question of what is a good defender in the modern game. There is a really interesting article by Jonathon Wilson on the evolution of defending. In the modern game being able to use the ball and act as an additional ball player is held in higher regard than someone who is purely a stopper. Also full back in the prem made 123 crosses in the opening weekend in comparison to 82 tackles. Shows just how the modern defender is used today.

Nyambe is not very good on the ball either doesn't read the game very well has non existant communication skills on the field so why would any so called professional be playing him in the first team.

6 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Obviously, which is why he is rated highly and given a long contract.  An excellent prospect for this club.

Thank you parsons that's why ....this club shows that it's bent !

Excellent my backside .........let's have the Nyambe watch ?

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Why is the club bent?

Nyambe is improving as a player but still making mistakes as he will at his age. 

You have an agenda against Nyambe cos of who his agent is. Last season his agent who represented only 1 or 2 signings we made. 

So why the big problem with this agent? Given a report or post why you have this opinion about it

7 hours ago, JAL said:

You are becoming obsessed with your dislike of certain young players.  All young players make mistakes - it's part of the learning curve.  Just as the likes of Metcalfe, Faz, Barker, Bailey and so many more who went on to have long and successful careers, made mistakes in their early years with the club, so too will Nyambe, Raya, Tomlinson, Doyle and the rest.  However, you don't write them off simply because you disapprove of their agent.  Young players are nurtured and develop over a period of time.  Sadly, your obsession with agents really does detract from sensible discussion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

You are becoming obsessed with your dislike of certain young players.  All young players make mistakes - it's part of the learning curve.  Just as the likes of Metcalfe, Faz, Barker, Bailey and so many more who went on to have long and successful careers, made mistakes in their early years with the club, so too will Nyambe, Raya, Tomlinson, Doyle and the rest.  However, you don't write them off simply because you disapprove of their agent.  Young players are nurtured and develop over a period of time.  Sadly, your obsession with agents really does detract from sensible discussion.

Fine having a long career but at what level and what achievements are going to come out of the long career.

Introduce him slowly by all means but it's been the Ryan Nyambe horror show start to the season for the young lad.

Does he talk to his teammates on the pitch ?

5 minutes ago, JAL said:

Fine having a long career but at what level and what achievements are going to come out of the long career.

Introduce him slowly by all means but it's been the Ryan Nyambe horror show start to the season for the young lad.

Ryan said to tell you that although he likes you as a friend he doesn't want to take it any further and could you please stop bothering him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAL said:

I honestly don't see what talking on the pitch has to do with any players ability. Probably the best player I ever came across, Paul McGrath hardly ever said a word but it didn't affect his performances. He was essentially shy and that particular characteristic was evident on the pitch. I can accept sensible criticism but not talking is largely an irrelevance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

I honestly don't see what talking on the pitch has to do with any players ability. Probably the best player I ever came across, Paul McGrath hardly ever said a word but it didn't affect his performances. He was essentially shy and that particular characteristic was evident on the pitch. I can accept sensible criticism but not talking is largely an irrelevance. 

Communication either verbal, sign or body language is extremely important Tony with your teammates on the pitch as it can avoid a whole host of problems that could or may occur during a ninety minute game. 

If your not communicating with teammates and are doing things that nobody knows what your doing then it can create hesitancy and mistakes in others.

Edited by JAL

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I went to a Sportsman's dinner awhile back where Dean Saunders was the guest speaker. He was asked who was the best player he ever played with - he said Paul McGrath without hesitation.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

I refuse to believe McGrath didn't talk. He must have developed telepathy otherwise.

Communication is key on a football field.

• Like 1