BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

I refuse to believe McGrath didn't talk. He must have developed telepathy otherwise.

Communication is key on a football field.

He said next to nothing in the game. What about Sheringham and Cole? They detested each other, never spoke but formed a decent partnership. Any team has a fair mix of characters, quiet, noisy, shy, extrovert etc. McGrath fell into the quiet and shy category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He said next to nothing in the game. What about Sheringham and Cole? They detested each other, never spoke but formed a decent partnership. Any team has a fair mix of characters, quiet, noisy, shy, extrovert etc. McGrath fell into the quiet and shy category.

I agree, teams are made up of all sorts of characters. Some never shut up  and some rarely say anything. One really good lad I played with only communicated with grunts on the pitch and said very little off it.

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

The players you quote knew what they were doing, their execution and body language was top notch unlike Ryan's. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Would talking more make Nyambe a better player in your view then?

Regardless good communication strengthens good team work imo. Can he take instructions and problem solve on the pitch ?

You witnessed an experienced Rovers back four yesterday against tough opposition would Nyambe's inclusion have helped or hindered the Rovers team at Bradford.

Edited by JAL

18 minutes ago, JAL said:

Regardless good communication strengthens good team work imo. Can he take instructions and problem solve on the pitch ?

You witnessed an experienced Rovers back four yesterday against tough opposition would Nyambe's inclusion have helped or hindered the Rovers team at Bradford.

I don't believe Nyambe would have weakened us at all if he had been playing at right back yesterday. He is far more comfortable in a back four and he does offer more than Caddis going forward although yesterday both full backs were quite restrained.

58 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't believe Nyambe would have weakened us at all if he had been playing at right back yesterday. He is far more comfortable in a back four and he does offer more than Caddis going forward although yesterday both full backs were quite restrained.

We have totally differing views on Nyambe which asks me how bad is this Caddis fella then. Just when I thought there's a bit of daylight the shutters come down again. 

Edited by JAL

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but hadn't realised Tre Pemberton had gone to Stoke and is playing for their U23's now.  I knew he'd been released and/or left of his own accord.  Will be interesting to see how he does next week in that case.

I only saw him in the televised youth cup games but he looked handy. He was quick and could beat people, not much end product but if Hughes can sort that out they may have a good player.

Thanks for that , RV Blue. I started watching on about 50 minutes. Thoroughly enjoyable.

It's good to see what the under 23s are about. Looked like it was going to be 0-0 but a misplaced header by the Saints defender gave Nuttall the chance to win it with a header.

Nice to hear a commentator refer to the teams as Saints and Rovers.

Just now, bazza said:

Thanks for that , RV Blue. I started watching on about 50 minutes. Thoroughly enjoyable.

It's good to see what the under 23s are about. Looked like it was going to be 0-0 but a misplaced header by the Saints defender gave Nuttall the chance to win it with a header.

Nice to hear a commentator refer to the teams as Saints and Rovers.

No problem. Yes it was, they are a proper team. The commentator was really good I thought, he actually made and effort to learn our players' names and their backgrounds etc. The coverage was better than what we get on ifollow with replays and different angles.

I would imagine that the full game will be on Southampton's YouTube channel later on for those that missed it, definitely worth watching.