BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Mowbray and his backroom team should know who the weaker teams are in this league thus knowing when and where to blood the under 23's with a mix of first team regulars.

Somehow though doubt this very much judging his actions so far and the fact that certain people get money whilst others don't I.e. Nyambe v Wharton.

We can't afford to do this. Chelsea, UTD and City don't do it in the Premier league, Celtic don't do it in Scotland. We have to play our best team where possible. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We can't afford to do this. Chelsea, UTD and City don't do it in the Premier league, Celtic don't do it in Scotland. We have to play our best team where possible. 

Horses for courses where it applies would have thought afterall this is third tier football not top flight stuff.

Why didn't we play our best team in the first two games of the season the one away to Southend and the other at home to Doncaster rather than throwing them would have a thought get enough points on the board allowing you to rest certain players and bring the younger end.

There doesn't seem to be much of a plan other than move shed loads of players in and move shed loads of players out in the quickest possible time. 

Which leaves me asking ...who's my team ?

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

Horses for courses where it applies would have thought afterall this is third tier football not top flight stuff.

Why didn't we play our best team in the first two games of the season the one away to Southend and the other at home to Doncaster rather than throwing them would have a thought get enough points on the board to rest certain players and bring the younger end.

It comes back to if Mowbray thinks they are good enough, we shouldn't just start them for the sake of giving young lads game time. 

Our teams were pretty full strenght, the players just hadn't realized at that point how much they have to fight in this division 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It comes back to if Mowbray thinks they are good enough, we shouldn't just start them for the sake of giving young lads game time. 

Our teams were pretty full strenght, the players just hadn't realized at that point how much they have to fight in this division 

Hey big dog this guy gave Ryan Nyambe several starts after some shocking displays so ask yourself what's going on ........

Skip has questioned the deadline day signings and are they any better than what we already have.

Mowbray does has he he told most probably big dog.

Edited by JAL

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Hey big dog this guy gave Ryan Nyambe several starts after some shocking displays so ask yourself what's going on ........

Skip has questioned the deadline day signings and are they any better than what we already have.

Mowbray does has he he told most probably big dog.

I don't believe he started Nyambe for any reason other than he is arguably our best right back. 

Elaborate on what you are insinuating here please 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't believe he started Nyambe for any reason other than he is arguably our best right back. 

Elaborate on what you are insinuating here please 

If Nyambe is the best right back then it just goes to show the shocking lack of standards at Rovers when he's putting in performances likes he's playing with a flea in his ear.

More fool those buying the ticket to praise this kind of performer !

28 minutes ago, JAL said:

If Nyambe is the best right back then it just goes to show the shocking lack of standards at Rovers when he's putting in performances likes he's playing with a flea in his ear.

I'd love to know on what you base your opinions of individual's form or performances or that of the team in general JAL?

Genuine question because I believe you haven't gone to games and therefore not seen any player live for some time. Surely you're not basing your opinions on here say?

42 minutes ago, JAL said:

For this board's sake, it's probably about time that you definitively said whether you're a fan of Nyambe or not.

• Like 8

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15522693._I___m_conscious_of_that____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers__new_signings_won_t_block_the_development_of_homegrown_youngsters/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Interesting article given the discussion here and elsewhere re the development of our own players.  Mowbray's comments are slightly disingenuous as Harper has only made one sub appearance for WBA in the Prem:-

“I have long conversations with Damien Johnson and David Dunn about bringing such young players in to the club.  I feel as though these players are more experienced, Rekeem has played in the Premier League, Sam has been out on loan, and they have a bit more experience of what is required.”

He then goes on to say:-

The other night I sat and watched them with Paul Cook and Peter Reid from Wigan and they were eulogising over our midfield two of Hardcastle and Tomlinson, the best two players on the pitch, yet they had a massively experienced team out"

Yet he signed Harper.

Looks like @SkipDonoghue was right. Mowbray mentions he has had long convo's with DD & DJ about the merits of bringing in Harper when we have our own talent, yet he apparently decided to ignore their advice.

On 07/09/2017 at 19:06, darrenrover said:

I'd love to know on what you base your opinions of individual's form or performances or that of the team in general JAL?

Genuine question because I believe you haven't gone to games and therefore not seen any player live for some time. Surely you're not basing your opinions on here 

13 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15522693._I___m_conscious_of_that____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers__new_signings_won_t_block_the_development_of_homegrown_youngsters/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

Interesting article given the discussion here and elsewhere re the development of our own players.  Mowbray's comments are slightly disingenuous as Harper has only made one sub appearance for WBA in the Prem:-

“I have long conversations with Damien Johnson and David Dunn about bringing such young players in to the club.  I feel as though these players are more experienced, Rekeem has played in the Premier League, Sam has been out on loan, and they have a bit more experience of what is required.”

The other night I sat and watched them with Paul Cook and Peter Reid from Wigan and they were eulogising over our midfield two of Hardcastle and Tomlinson, the best two players on the pitch, yet they had a massively experienced team out"

Yet he signed Harper.

Looks like @SkipDonoghue was right. Mowbray mentions he has had long convo's with DD & DJ about the merits of bringing in Harper when we have our own talent, yet he apparently decided to ignore their advice.

Is Mowbray on video or tapes saying these things and at what time did he say this, or was it, his agents doing after reading Brfcs.com

Ref spoiled a decent game tonight.

All Rovers without a killer bite. Nuttall very quiet indeed. Some very reckless challenges from Boro, including an elbow to the head and the throw of a fist (while going for the ball). A 50/50 head clash totally messed with the referee's mojo and he then started to clamp down - but only on the slightest challenge by Rovers. A petulant rather than violent kick out at the end - after we won a free kick and the ref couldn't get his card out fast enough. Probably a yellow, never a red.

Boro got a mis-hit/sliced shot which just squeeezed in of the angle and a sublime chip, before rounding off a solo effort dribbling in from the byline but apart from that they had 9 men behind the ball to frustrate us. Their game plan worked but what a dirty bunch of gits.

Rovers bossed the game from start to finish but  couldn't break through in the box and the few times they did couldn't finish.

Disappointing night but that ref needs to be driven out of town.

• Like 1

Rovers were the attacking side all game and we started well but after we went 1 nil up we didnt keep the ball well enough and not convert our chances. We had enough in the game  

Boro were a defensive side and started 4-4-2 and after 10 mins went 4-1-4-1 and play on the counter. 4 shots 3 goals. 

Nuttall was quiet and the worst game ive seen him play. Rankin-Costello went quiet after his goal. Tomlinson and Hardcastle had ok games were good and poor points. 

Travis and Doyle were very good and got forward every opportunity and put in some good crosses in. 

Grayson kick out was a sending off and stupid to do but you can see why he did. 

The ref was rubbish and no idea of what he was doing. Boro number 5 was in the ref ear at every opportunity to put pressure on him and he cracked

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers were the attacking side all game and we started well but after we went 1 nil up we didnt keep the ball well enough and not convert our chances. We had enough in the game  

Boro were a defensive side and started 4-4-2 and after 10 mins went 4-1-4-1 and play on the counter. 4 shots 3 goals. 

Nuttall was quiet and the worst game ive seen him play. Rankin-Costello went quiet after his goal. Tomlinson and Hardcastle had ok games were good and poor points. 

Travis and Doyle were very good and got forward every opportunity and put in some good crosses in. 

The ref was rubbish and no idea of what he was doing. Boro number 5 was in the ref ear at every opportunity to put pressure on him and he cracked

Your not going to score every game but Travis and Doyle need to be able to step in with a few goals other than just keep on crossing it for them to be first team material.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree. The referee let all sorts go unpunished in the first half and then in typical textbook fashion started handing out the yellows once the 60 minute mark was passed. Very inconsistent in his handling of the game.

Lewis Travis seems to be excelling in his wing back role where he is encouraged to get forward and put crosses into the box. First half in particular last night he had a lot of joy and they struggled to contain him but then second half seemed to get a grip. In the second half Doyle seemed to come to the fore more and more of our chances came down the left hand side through him rather than on the right through Travis.

Second half we had bundles of possession and looked dangerous every time we went forward but just didn't get that chance and most of our attempts ended up off target. Middlesbrough defended quite well.

One of the most one sided games I've seen at that level for a long time so extremely frustrating to end up with nothing. They were clinical in putting away 3 of the 4 or 5 chances they had all the match and I don't recall them getting into our box more than 3 or 4 times and I think we only had one save to make.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 10:01, blueboy3333 said:

Yet he signed Harper.

The Harper signing is an interesting one. Personally would prefer to see our own talent given a chance - but will wait to see Harper play before decide on the merits of his loan. He may offer something that Tomlinson and Hardcastle don't, or he may just be a lot better player - only time will tell.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Your not going to score every game but Travis and Doyle need to be able to step in with a few goals other than just keep on crossing it for them to be first team material.

How many goals did the likes of Neville and Cole score? Even the likes of Walker only ever score extremely rarely today. So long as they're defending well, and adding value going forward through assists and providing telling passes, then what's the issue?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4