BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 nil Rovers. Butterworth and Nuttall with goals. 

From.Rovers twitter account

78: First change for #Rovers as Simmonds comes on for fellow trialist Johnson. The winger has looked pretty impressive tonight. [2-0]

Does anybody know anything about Simmonds or Johnson? 

Anybody gone tonight? Any chance of a report of the game?

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

78: First change for #Rovers as Simmonds comes on for fellow trialist Johnson. The winger has looked pretty impressive tonight. [2-0]

I thought you were there, Chaddy, until I saw "twitter account".

Thanks for the update anyway.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good. And watching the under 23's and under 18's is very enjoyable. 

Also both sides play 3 at the back in 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 formation. Very noticeable in the highlights. 

I'm not saying you're wrong chaddy but how you work the formation out as playing 3 at the back from that 25 second clip, I'm f****d if I know.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good. And watching the under 23's and under 18's is very enjoyable. 

Also both sides play 3 at the back in 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 formation. Very noticeable in the highlights. 

A cracking goal chaddy interesting to see the team shape on how effective Billy Barr and Mike Sheron have been and show their capablity in positively effecting a three at the back system whilst the poor David Lowe can't seem to manage this with first team. ?

Well done to all involved but don't dine out on this as we need more.... far more.

Edited by JAL

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Yes, dooh,  you're right looking at the opening clip.

I've always thought it's a great formation to play if you've got the right players but disastrous if you don't. 

You play the formation that suits the strengths of your players. If we still had Andre Oojer,Kevin Moran, Stephane Hechoz as centre backs and Kevin Hird and John Bailey as wing backs we could play that way, but we haven't.

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You play the formation that suits the strengths of your players. If we still had Andre Oojer,Kevin Moran, Stephane Hechoz as centre backs and Kevin Hird and John Bailey as wing backs we could play that way, but we haven't.

Them 3 wouldn't work in a 3. No pace. You need pace with 3 at back, plus they need to be ball playing and at least 2 were iffy on the ball 

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Unlike Nuttall, Jack Doyle (not to be confused with Charley Doyle) isn't even playing in the U23 team. I can only assume that he's backup to the first team bench, and not quite making it there. Must be frustrating for him to be caught in no-man's land at the moment.

I have a feeling that Williams might be moving on in summer, so perhaps that will make Jack Doyle our second choice left-back next season.

Sam Hart must have known that he wouldn't be near the starting XI when he signed for us in summer. I suppose there's some logic in being signed for a bigger wage at a larger club, and then getting your first team football by being loaned out to a smaller club who couldn't afford those wages in full.

Actually I think the Hart signing must have been a complete shock and destroyed Doyle's confidence, when I think he was close to the first team. Very odd signing from Mowbray. Another position where Mowbray has completely affected youth development.

• Like 1

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Seen him play and he's an extremely talented player. I'd say a level above Travis and Tomlinson

But he plays in an area where we have Dack who is undroppable.

I understand that you want youngsters in the team, but we are going for promotion, if we put in too many youngsters it would come at the cost of consistency and know how, youngsters are inconsistent, its hardly as if we are neglecting the academy/youth team, our strongest 11 would contain 3 (Lenihan, Nyambe and Raya) and Travis and Tomlinson make up the numbers when needed, but if you start putting in a few at once (youve mentioned Rankin Costello, and seem to be insistent on Doyle, it will be at the cost of consistency.

Isnt Costello a more attacking player in a different position to the other 2?

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But he plays in an area where we have Dack who is undroppable.

I understand that you want youngsters in the team, but we are going for promotion, if we put in too many youngsters it would come at the cost of consistency and know how, youngsters are inconsistent, its hardly as if we are neglecting the academy/youth team, our strongest 11 would contain 3 (Lenihan, Nyambe and Raya) and Travis and Tomlinson make up the numbers when needed, but if you start putting in a few at once (youve mentioned Rankin Costello, and seem to be insistent on Doyle, it will be at the cost of consistency.

Isnt Costello a more attacking player in a different position to the other 2?

Think Costello can play anywhere in an attacking sense. Up front, behind or on the wing.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Actually I think the Hart signing must have been a complete shock and destroyed Doyle's confidence, when I think he was close to the first team. Very odd signing from Mowbray. Another position where Mowbray has completely affected youth development.

This is what I don't get your perception along with others that somehow Tony Mowbray would have signed Hart. 

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know anything about Simmonds but Johnson is a 20year old on Arsenal's books who has had an injury and is struggling to get back in their under23's. He is on trial at Rovers. There is a full report on him on Rovers Fans if you care to have a look. He's a right back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think Costello can play anywhere in an attacking sense. Up front, behind or on the wing.

Joe needs to show more speed and I don't think his body can deliver this. Time will tell hope he comes through and is a far better player than he's currently then we would have a cracking player. 

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Joe needs to show more speed and I don't think his body can deliver this. Time will tell hope he comes through and is a far better player than he's currently then we would have a cracking player. 

Yeah heard that it is more his physical attributes rather than his technical ability that is holding him back at the moment. Seems quite lightweight and not particularly fast - as you say, if he can address those we would certainly have an excellent prospect.