BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Doyle has had two starts in the first team this season. I think Hart has had three first team starts. They are both 21, so still young.

I think we need to be careful about the expectation we put on our youth players. Nuttall was banging them in at U23 level, but from the chances he's been given in the senior team, it's evidence of the huge step up that we shouldn't forget about. I think Tomlinson is another example. He liked great in his first couple of appearances in the first team, and then looked a bit lost since then.

BUT...! They're young guys, and they'll get more chances - some will come good, some will fade, as is always the case. I don't think Mowbray has been unfair to them, just rightly cautious.

Correct, especially to get promoted you need consistency, which is why throwing in a raft of kids all at once is a bad idea, as they wont give you that. 1 or 2 maybe, correct on Nuttall, hes arguably our brightest u23 player yet hes so far away from Graham in terms of effectiveness, as youd expect.

Just now, bazza said:

The two CMs for me would be Travis and Lenihan in place of Smallwood and Bennett.

Smallwood, stunning winner at Fleetwood notwithstanding, has certainly had a dip in form since the Shrewsbury game. Same with Dack. It had to happen at some point. We need others to step up until they hit form again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Goal keeper Olly Byrne who is a free agent after leaving Cardiff, is set to sign for Rovers, been on trial last week and impressed, another former United youngster

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2014/Jul/manchester-united-goalkeeper-special-oliver-byrne.aspx

From a few years ago^

He's 21 this year.

Edited by blueboy3333

6 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Goal keeper Olly Byrne who is a free agent after leaving Cardiff, is set to sign for Rovers, been on trial last week and impressed, another former United youngster

We already have three development squad keepers on the books.

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Mowbray gets us up, he obviously deserves a crack at the Championship. However, at some point in the future I would love to see Johnson and Dunn as manager and assistant with ToMo in a director of football role. 

Far too sensible for that lot.

Would be ideal though...TM can spot a player I give him that and this is one side we are not sure too much about with Johnno and Dunn - let them get on with the pitch side of things with TM guiding them.

• Like 1