BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Frozen pitch’ according to the club website.

What’s happened to the under soil heating?

Suppose it's not seen as cost effective for a youth game

Wonder what the upstairs / downstairs business was about

Every game my the floor around my seat at the back of the JW lower is drenched, I always wonder if it's water from the roof or it's hosed down, it will be a death trap Sunday if it's the same!

46 minutes ago, Tom said:

Suppose it's not seen as cost effective for a youth game

Wonder what the upstairs / downstairs business was about

Every game my the floor around my seat at the back of the JW lower is drenched, I always wonder if it's water from the roof or it's hosed down, it will be a death trap Sunday if it's the same!

I noticed that last week. Our row is generally covered enough but it was saturated. I wondered if it was the sprinklers or hosing.

Surprised they've decided to sandwich it between two important home league games. Would have thought they would have preferred to leave it until the league game v Blackpool was out of the way and there was a 2 week break to let the pitch recover.

Edited by JHRover

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surprised they've decided to sandwich it between two important home league games. Would have thought they would have preferred to leave it until the league game v Blackpool was out of the way and there was a 2 week break to let the pitch recover.

Game have to be played by the the 3/3/18 so going past that date due to weather so could not put it off any longer.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Pitch has looked as poor as I can remember it recently.

• Backroom

Seems like Te-Jay joined the academy in 2016 but in 2017 was playing for Rochdale youth 

Mariner is a Samoan that apparently left Brisbane Strikers in May 2016 to come here 

So not sure if either are still here 

edit - seems Mariner never joined due to visa issues 

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

A 1-0 win today with Okera Simmonds with the goal.

Based on no personal knowledge and purely on stats the lad seems a talent 

Looked great on his trial debut. Looked a little more raw in the last game. Hopefully he can find a way through. Could go either way though.

• Backroom

Some promising emerging talents in the youths tonight:

Byrne, Travis, Caddis, Downing, Bell, Antonsson, Tomlinson, Whittingham, Conway, Samuel, Nuttall

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Some promising emerging talents in the youths tonight:

Byrne, Travis, Caddis, Downing, Bell, Antonsson, Tomlinson, Whittingham, Conway, Samuel, Nuttall

Wow - that side would be a decent L1 side.

1 minute ago, meadows said:

Got beat on pens after a 0/0 and players described as having a largely shocking attitude on the night according to one or two who went. 

Mostly fringe players being asked to play for the youths - doesnt bode well if their attitude stinks. Suck it up and put yourself back into the managers plans.

Whittingham is a prime example - marquee signing from the Championship who is now playing for the reserves in L1. Samuel too hasnt taken well to being bought and dropped

Just now, meadows said:

I asked who were the main offenders. I think this tells a bit of a story!! I suppose you could be kind and say “taken off to keep fresh for weekend.” Hmmm. 

943502DB-41F3-402E-BA90-AB84C3B92EDA.jpeg

I get the need to give some of these players game time but what about the younger players who got us to the semi-finals in the first place? This was an opportunity to win a relatively prestigious competition and some egotistical wasters don't show up.

Hopefully it will give Mowbray the ammunition he needs to ship them out over the summer.

• Like 2

To not even score with that line up against burys third string or kids is apalling, unprofessional and disrespectful to the young lads that had got us so far. Samuel can fek off along with nuttall. I've seen enough of them to no there not Blackburn rovers players

• Like 1

An appalling effort from both teams last night - both filled with senior players who clearly weren't interested.  Nothing new in this.  Everytime a second string game is filled with senior players you end up with a non-event - it's been the same for years.  Both sides seemed to treat it as a behind closed doors friendly match, simply the opportunity to give senior squad players a run out without risking injury.  I feel desperately sorry for the lads who normally play at Under-23 level and who had reached this stage with the prospect of a final next August.  I can understand the need to give fringe players a game, and I suppose if the weather had been better a behind closed doors game could have been arranged at Brockhall, but this was a really poor effort from both teams.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To not even score with that line up against burys third string or kids is apalling, unprofessional and disrespectful to the young lads that had got us so far. Samuel can fek off along with nuttall. I've seen enough of them to no there not Blackburn rovers players

In fairness I count at least 5 of that Bury line-up as seasoned Pro's who have made a career at league 1/2 level.