BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Its not often people react with this kind of criticism for a fringe tournament so that speaks volumes. I noted also that it isn't officially a youth tournament (unlike the previous night at Ewood) though my post was removed probably for remarks about our illustrious site founder.

As for certain players being dumped how many of those (from the earlier LSC stages) played at Ewood the night before? That could be a major part of the reason. In Cup competitions its only fair to use the same players from start to finish. Look at some leading clubs they might let a generally sub keeper play in a LC final if he's the one who played the earlier rounds. There's a difference between that and my argument about Downing/Lenihan though while the latter was still injured. The business then is simply too serious not to go with the better and certainly more valuable asset.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

It actually isn’t designated a youth tournament although that’s what you’d expect to be selected, a mix of Under 23s/Reserves/Kids. 

Quite a bit of experience in the Bury side too. 

03514D6C-2E8E-49B2-BE3F-FE152EE738E4.png

Was this the one known as the Lancashire Manx Cup for a while, with the winners playing pre-season in the Isle of Man Football Festival? 

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To not even score with that line up against burys third string or kids is apalling, unprofessional and disrespectful to the young lads that had got us so far. Samuel can fek off along with nuttall. I've seen enough of them to no there not Blackburn rovers players

Compare Vaughan's performance for Wigan when he came on against us vs. what we've seen from Samuel and to a lesser extent Nuttall from the bench this season - like chalk and cheese. We're buggered if Graham gets injured.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Clear that the priority last night from both sides was to get minutes under players belts without sustaining any injuries or strains. A fitness exercise nothing more nothing less. The result was effectively a practice match.

Few senior players with hopes of getting back into the first XI are going to risk anything playing in this competition against Bury.

I doubt Mowbray will be too bothered by the performance or attitudes. Despite a woeful experience last night I doubt anyone has either harmed or bettered their chances of playing in the league. He'll be more interested in the players fitness and physical condition for Saturday. Antonsson, Caddis and Whittingham got their first starts in a long time. Like with the Checkatrade Trophy which he used to give players minutes and experiment and which he clearly wasn't interested in winning.

I

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Clear that the priority last night from both sides was to get minutes under players belts without sustaining any injuries or strains. A fitness exercise nothing more nothing less. The result was effectively a practice match.

Few senior players with hopes of getting back into the first XI are going to risk anything playing in this competition against Bury.

I doubt Mowbray will be too bothered by the performance or attitudes. Despite a woeful experience last night I doubt anyone has either harmed or bettered their chances of playing in the league. He'll be more interested in the players fitness and physical condition for Saturday. Antonsson, Caddis and Whittingham got their first starts in a long time. Like with the Checkatrade Trophy which he used to give players minutes and experiment and which he clearly wasn't interested in winning.

I

Going off Twitter Antonnsson was the best of the bunch. Would you agree? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Going off Twitter Antonnsson was the best of the bunch. Would you agree? 

I'd put him at the better end of the scale, but wouldn't want to give the impression that I thought he played well.

I wouldn't even class it as a performance.

I'm not going to come on and lambaste the players for that as I expect they were specifically instructed to treat the game as a fitness concern rather than to win the game, reach the final or play a 'proper' game.

I was surprised with the strength of the side picked last night with a big game on Saturday which several of those will feature in or at least be on the bench for. With that in mind nobody on the pitch last night was going to exert themselves too much or attempt any sort of play that might risk harm or setback for those on their way back from injury.

As I said earlier, with Antonsson, Conway and Whittingham I could understand it as they haven't played for a while and have been out injured for substantial spells.

I was a bit more surprised to see the likes of Bell, Samuel and Downing in the squad.

Lets remember that any sort of suspension, illness or injury to our defence or attack and one of those 3 is going to be first in line for the first team. We can see therefore why none of those were really going to be going to take last night seriously.

Edited by JHRover

7 hours ago, meadows said:

I asked who were the main offenders. I think this tells a bit of a story!! I suppose you could be kind and say “taken off to keep fresh for weekend.” Hmmm. 

943502DB-41F3-402E-BA90-AB84C3B92EDA.jpeg

Five of these guys are Tony Mowbray's signings with one a Loanee but the two upfront are a major concern as they  aren't looking too clever.  

10 minutes ago, JAL said:

Five of these guys are Tony Mowbray's signings with one a Loanee but the two upfront are a major concern as they  aren't looking too clever.  

It was a senior cup game and three of the five are coming back from injuries, plus we have a first team game Saturday. What's your point exactly? 

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Was this the one known as the Lancashire Manx Cup for a while, with the winners playing pre-season in the Isle of Man Football Festival? 

No the Lanc Manx cup was a pre season tournament, this one is open to all clubs including prem teams although everybody plays their reserves. We have won it more than anyone else, 18 times.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_Senior_Cup#Table_of_winners

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAL said:

what your obsession with slanging of Samuel and Nuttall now? 

another target of your just like Nyambe. You clearly dislike/hate them cos who their agents are. 

Last night game was a practice game at best and nothing more. It served a purpose and nothing more

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what your obsession with slanging of Samuel and Nuttall now? 

another target of your just like Nyambe. You clearly dislike/hate them cos who their agents are. 

Last night game was a practice game at best and nothing more. It served a purpose and nothing more

Complete BUNKUM.

That is what Mowbray turned it into as far as Rovers are concerned.

He shows no respect for any Cup competition.

He may as well have had them jog around Brockhall and save embarassing themselves in a competive match.

Well he just better get us promoted.

• Like 2

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Complete BUNKUM.

That is what Mowbray turned it into as far as Rovers are concerned.

He shows no respect for any Cup competition.

He may as well have had them jog around Brockhall and save embarassing themselves in a competive match.

Well he just better get us promoted.

well I'm sorry but I couldn't give a toss about any cup competitions and this season sole aim was promotion.

would you rather we have a fixture pile up like Wigan who are facing 15 games in 60 days? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well I'm sorry but I couldn't give a toss about any cup competitions and this season sole aim was promotion.

would you rather we have a fixture pile up like Wigan who are facing 15 games in 60 days? 

This is a complete straw man argument I’m afraid.

There is no need for a “fixture pile up” if the U23s had simply been allowed to play.

If anything, playing so many first teamers has created that problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We do NOT have any fixture pile up. None whatsoever.

He should have given youth a chance in this game so whatever the result was it would have no impact on the first team.

How simple is that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We do NOT have any fixture pile up. None whatsoever.

He should have given youth a chance in this game so whatever the result was it would have no impact on the first team.

How simple is that!

How does this game have any impact on first team? 

We needed certain players to have some game time. Thats what Mowbray decide to do

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How does this game have any impact on first team? 

We needed certain players to have some game time. Thats what Mowbray decide to do

Para 1 - what??

Para 2 - competitive game time.....

No need to respond. I am off to chat with a brickwall.

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Para 1 - what??

Para 2 - competitive game time.....

No need to respond. I am off to chat with a brickwall.

Firstly I will respond thanks

You are complaining about a game where we used it has a fitness exercise and 1st team players needed game time..

You need to chill out and relax. This season aim was promotion nothing more

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a competition that the Under-23 lads had worked hard to get to a semi-final in.  So I suspect they did care when the senior players strolled around with the aim of getting fit.  As the next round - the final - isn't until August I'm not sure how that would impact on the fixtures over the next few weeks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

It was a competition that the Under-23 lads had worked hard to get to a semi-final in.  So I suspect they did care when the senior players strolled around with the aim of getting fit.  As the next round - the final - isn't until August I'm not sure how that would impact on the fixtures over the next few weeks.

I seen before the under 23's played in previous games but Mowbray decided certain players need game time. I feel sorry for the under 23's players that played. 

AllRoverAsia mention any cup competitions before. Mowbray has maintain promotion is the aim not winning a cup. We want promotion

Goodness knows what you call Wigan's situation if Rovers have a "fixture pile-up".

If they wanted to treat it like a training session then have a bloody training session. Not playing in a fixture at the expense of others (players in earlier rounds and the fans who showed up) plus you can invite local opposition to Brockhall and play behind closed doors since it's supposedly so essential.

What a load of garbage the official sites report is compared to the "no spin zone" on here. It even referred to the opponents as "the shakers" four times quit giving such acknowledgement to the opposition. I couldn't give a rats posterior what their nickname is refer to the opposition in a formal narrative tone.

Edited by Vinjay17

22 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Goodness knows what you call Wigan's situation if Rovers have a "fixture pile-up".

If they wanted to treat it like a training session then have a bloody training session. Not playing in a fixture at the expense of others (players in earlier rounds and the fans who showed up) plus you can invite local opposition to Brockhall and play behind closed doors since it's supposedly so essential.

What a load of garbage the official sites report is compared to the "no spin zone" on here. It even referred to the opponents as "the shakers" four times quit giving such acknowledgement to the opposition. I couldn't give a rats posterior what their nickname is refer to the opposition in a formal narrative tone.

Never said Rovers had a fixture pile up. 

Said If Rovers had done well in cup competitions like Checktrade and fa cup we could have fixture pile up. Not what we need right now. Wigan have 15 games in 60 days. 

Yes we could have played a game behind closed doors but recently with the bad weather I would guess teams havent be interest because of that. 

I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said Rovers had a fixture pile up. 

Said If Rovers had done well in cup competitions like Checktrade and fa cup we could have fixture pile up. Not what we need right now. Wigan have 15 games in 60 days. 

Yes we could have played a game behind closed doors but recently with the bad weather I would guess teams havent be interest because of that. 

I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS

It's All Rover Asia's fault! B)

That being said his general point was accurate.

Edited by Vinjay17

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Lancashire Senior Cup is one of the oldest competitions in this country - the Rovers first participated when the competition began in 1879 and has a proud history of winning this competition on numerous occasions.  I accept that you look upon it with disdain but not every supporter does.  I understand why the club treated it as a training session for senior squad players but perhaps that could have been made clear before the game instead of allowing people to turn up expecting to see a competitive game as the previous rounds have been.  Ultimately, the supporters who were at the game left hugely unimpressed with the attitude of the players involved.

• Like 1