BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well I'm sorry but I couldn't give a toss about any cup competitions and this season sole aim was promotion.

would you rather we have a fixture pile up like Wigan who are facing 15 games in 60 days? 

I'd sooner be in Wigan's position than ours right now, yes.

In a few weeks that 'might' change if we continue to win our games and they start to drop points directly as a result of having too many games to play.

As it stands they've reached the QFs of the FA Cup knocking out multiple Premier League sides on the way, whilst keeping their promotion destiny in their own hands with room to spare.

That might change, or it might not, but to date they've managed to keep us at arms length whilst also performing very well in the cup, and its only through missing games and bad weather that we've climbed above them.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said Rovers had a fixture pile up. 

Said If Rovers had done well in cup competitions like Checktrade and fa cup we could have fixture pile up. Not what we need right now. Wigan have 15 games in 60 days. 

Yes we could have played a game behind closed doors but recently with the bad weather I would guess teams havent be interest because of that. 

I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS

It's not the cup it's self it's the fact some young lads worked hard to get to a semi final and would of took pride in possibly winning. now they are out because all the older players couldn't be arsed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

The Lancashire Senior Cup is one of the oldest competitions in this country - the Rovers first participated when the competition began in 1879 and has a proud history of winning this competition on numerous occasions.  I accept that you look upon it with disdain but not every supporter does.  I understand why the club treated it as a training session for senior squad players but perhaps that could have been made clear before the game instead of allowing people to turn up expecting to see a competitive game as the previous rounds have been.  Ultimately, the supporters who were at the game left hugely unimpressed with the attitude of the players involved.

Rovers should have made a statement about it. 

Did all the players have unimpressive game and attitude problems?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'd sooner be in Wigan's position than ours right now, yes.

In a few weeks that 'might' change if we continue to win our games and they start to drop points directly as a result of having too many games to play.

As it stands they've reached the QFs of the FA Cup knocking out multiple Premier League sides on the way, whilst keeping their promotion destiny in their own hands with room to spare.

That might change, or it might not, but to date they've managed to keep us at arms length whilst also performing very well in the cup, and its only through missing games and bad weather that we've climbed above them.

Me and you have debated this before and my view is I rather have the points on the board then games in hand. You have different view. Pressure on them to win those games in hand. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

It's not the cup it's self it's the fact some young lads worked hard to get to a semi final and would of took pride in possibly winning. now they are out because all the older players couldn't be arsed

I understand the young lads would took pride in winning it. Hopefully they can keep up the under 23's form and continue to do well. Sadly I wont get to watch them before end of the season. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said Rovers had a fixture pile up. 

Said If Rovers had done well in cup competitions like Checktrade and fa cup we could have fixture pile up. Not what we need right now. Wigan have 15 games in 60 days. 

Yes we could have played a game behind closed doors but recently with the bad weather I would guess teams havent be interest because of that. 

I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS

That bold bit is the kind of claptrap you always come out with when you realise your argument is weak. Stop moaning etc 

I personally dont really care about it too much, not a big bug bear of mine, I dont go down to watch the teams below the first team, but I appreciate that some people who attended/take a regular interest will have been disappointed by it, and that those youngsters that have got them to this stage will also feel a bit let down.

18 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

It was a competition that the Under-23 lads had worked hard to get to a semi-final in.  So I suspect they did care when the senior players strolled around with the aim of getting fit.  As the next round - the final - isn't until August I'm not sure how that would impact on the fixtures over the next few weeks.

Isn't Samuel only 23 and Nuttall 21, if they cant be arsed, what future do we have with these two.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That bold bit is the kind of claptrap you always come out with when you realise your argument is weak. Stop moaning etc 

I personally dont really care about it too much, not a big bug bear of mine, I dont go down to watch the teams below the first team, but I appreciate that some people who attended/take a regular interest will have been disappointed by it, and that those youngsters that have got them to this stage will also feel a bit let down.

everything this season was about the league and promotion and nothing else matter. said by myself before the season started, 

my argument wasn't weak at all but my argument was made before the season started. 

I take a very keen interest in our under 23 and 18 a lot and try to watch as much as football of them as I can

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

everything this season was about the league and promotion and nothing else matter. said by myself before the season started, 

my argument wasn't weak at all but my argument was made before the season started. 

I take a very keen interest in our under 23 and 18 a lot and try to watch as much as football of them as I can

In terms of my viewpoint on priorities, I agree with you, league has to come first, BUT maybe not to the same extent as you, I dont see the cups as a total irrelevance, i was particularly annoyed by the Burnley loss, I want us to win even in the cups, but i appreciate like you that competitions have different priorities.

That said, my post was particularly aimed at your point that "I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS."

I wasnt that aggrieved personally BUT i respect the 2 points that people had put forward, mainly that it was harsh on the youngsters who got to that stage, and if the game was intended as a non contact fitness exercise, have it behind closed doors and dont take the chance away from the youngsters. People werent saying, oh the club is doomed now, they were commenting (many of whom who went to the game) on the game in the appropriate thread, and all you had to offer is to stop moaning. You did the same to me about Samuel, regardless of the fact that you said exactly the same thing about another player a couple of months ago, yet failed to appreciate the hypocrisy. "Stop moaning" is not a valid argument, and just suggests that you have nothing constructive to say, which im sure you do.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You also said we should get rid of Graham.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In terms of my viewpoint on priorities, I agree with you, league has to come first, BUT maybe not to the same extent as you, I dont see the cups as a total irrelevance, i was particularly annoyed by the Burnley loss, I want us to win even in the cups, but i appreciate like you that competitions have different priorities.

That said, my post was particularly aimed at your point that "I cant believe how many people are complaining about this Lancashire cup game. Blimey its the Lancashire cup FFS."

I wasnt that aggrieved personally BUT i respect the 2 points that people had put forward, mainly that it was harsh on the youngsters who got to that stage, and if the game was intended as a non contact fitness exercise, have it behind closed doors and dont take the chance away from the youngsters. People werent saying, oh the club is doomed now, they were commenting (many of whom who went to the game) on the game in the appropriate thread, and all you had to offer is to stop moaning. You did the same to me about Samuel, regardless of the fact that you said exactly the same thing about another player a couple of months ago, yet failed to appreciate the hypocrisy. "Stop moaning" is not a valid argument, and just suggests that you have nothing constructive to say, which im sure you do.

I make the League are top priority and nothing else matters this season. Promotion is needed. 

I didn't see the Hypocrisy at all tho between Graham and Samuel like yourself as I felt they were 2 different problem. Graham problem wasn't down to confidence but him being lazy, unfit and work rate between his previous standards. Samuel's problems are confidence and lack of goals/Manager believing in him

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I make the League are top priority and nothing else matters this season. Promotion is needed. 

I didn't see the Hypocrisy at all tho between Graham and Samuel like yourself as I felt they were 2 different problem. Graham problem wasn't down to confidence but him being lazy, unfit and work rate between his previous standards. Samuel's problems are confidence and lack of goals/Manager believing in him

So its not top priority, its the only priority to you? Like I said, whilst I agree that promotion is the main objective, you cant discount other competitions.

How do you know the exact root of both problems :lol: And you said Mowbray does believe in him, now you are implying he doesnt?!

You felt Graham wasnt giving 100%, if others feel Samuel isnt giving 100%, ie they have the same view as you did on someone else, you cant just tell them to stop moaning. That is hypocritical, shooting down someones opinion that is identical to yours, albeit to a different player.

On 08/03/2018 at 20:53, chaddyrovers said:

what your obsession with slanging of Samuel and Nuttall now? 

another target of your just like Nyambe. You clearly dislike/hate them cos who their agents are. 

Last night game was a practice game at best and nothing more. It served a purpose and nothing more

Was only posting a reply to a tweet that's all chaddy nothing to do with Nyambe on this one.

As for practice what did they practice ?........... To do and deliver nothing.

Edited by JAL

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So its not top priority, its the only priority to you? Like I said, whilst I agree that promotion is the main objective, you cant discount other competitions.

How do you know the exact root of both problems?

Yes. Promotion from the league is our only target imo. 

My opinion

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Promotion from the league is our only target imo. 

My opinion

Thats fair enough, but when other people attach value to other competitions, and show dissapointment, even if its the u23s, responding by telling them to stop moaning is ignorant, rude and counterproductive of an internet messageboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did. 

his performances at the time wasn't up to standards he has previous set. 

I have praised Graham's performances when he performed very well

Just as well your advice wasn't taken up then!

My bigger point is that anyone could remind us of statements they made that have been shown correct but forget about the ones that were rubbish! (Not that the current one we are discussing is particularly valid!)

Anyone else following the u-18 match against Man U at the moment? Its on Man U tv. We are down 2-0 at half time and there is basically a massive difference in class. The technical levels of our players leave a lot to be wanted. We have barely been in their half and are having a hard time stringing more than 2 passes together. I get that our players are probably a bit younger than theirs but Im struggling to figure out what our forward thinking players will learn from this. A guy like Kyle Connell have been chasing the ball during the first half. He has barely touched the ball. Besides this this is apparently our ninth loss in a row.

Edited by DanielMB

2 hours ago, DanielMB said:

FT 5-0. One of the most one-sided games Ive ever seen. An all around tough watch as a Rovers fan.

5 hours ago, DanielMB said:

So Jack Vale has signed on until 2020. He seems like a decent prospect. Anyone know anything about him?

Seems a talent. Been moved to the U-23s. Excited about 18 year old Simmonds too