BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Real shame this evening. A sucker punch right at the end of a reasonably even first half. Second half we just couldn’t make our possession count and lacked the killer ball.

Villa are most cynical youth side I’ve seen this season. Dirty, whinging and time-wasting. Clearly the image of their manager - who looked like he got dressed in the dark. In a hostel. In a tramp’s clothes.

Really hope we get the point we need against one of Villa’s local rivals. I’d be disgusted if they won the league.

Oh, and the ref made the worst L1 official look like Bradley Wiggins. Couldn’t keep up with play and was very poor.

All in all, I think the occasion got to our lads. I think we’d have got a draw at the humble County Ground. They looked dejected at the end. Johnson threw the kitchen sink at then but we didn’t really fashion a clear-cut chance all evening.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

If Villa don't beat Newcastle, then we only have to draw our last game vs West Brom to win! If they lose vs Newcastle, we've won!

Shame about tonight but COYB.

I’d sooner we just won our last game Mike.

I think part of the problem tonight was knowing that a draw would do whereas Villa had to win and then do everything and anything to hang on.

• Like 1

I thought Joe Grayson was outstanding tonight at the back. Real class performance. I also thought Joe nuttalls movement inside and around the box was very poor. Rovers played well but couldn't make their possession count but overall a very good performance

39 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Real shame this evening. A sucker punch right at the end of a reasonably even first half. Second half we just couldn’t make our possession count and lacked the killer ball.

Villa are most cynical youth side I’ve seen this season. Dirty, whinging and time-wasting. Clearly the image of their manager - who looked like he got dressed in the dark. In a hostel. In a tramp’s clothes.

Really hope we get the point we need against one of Villa’s local rivals. I’d be disgusted if they won the league.

Oh, and the ref made the worst L1 official look like Bradley Wiggins. Couldn’t keep up with play and was very poor.

All in all, I think the occasion got to our lads. I think we’d have got a draw at the humble County Ground. They looked dejected at the end. Johnson threw the kitchen sink at then but we didn’t really fashion a clear-cut chance all evening.

Take it Nuttall didn't do much from this hour and a half with no goal.

Just now, Stuart said:

He scored in the last two matches. Is he supposed to score every 90 minutes?

Who did he score against though was this group a group too tough for Joe.

On another note how did Jack Evans play ?

Edited by JAL

We dominated the game and deserve the win tonight. we played some very good football thought I felted the last 10 minutes we didn't get wide enough and kept playing long balls. 

Thought Travis and Tomlinson were very good and Tomlinson skill and shot deserved a goal

I was also impress with Grayson. 

we created a couple of great chances. Platt chance in second half that wide just wide of the far post

I have to disagree with Nuttall's performance @Oldgregg86. He was decent and showed some good touches and I felt we would be create him a golden chance. 

very disappointed with Villa as they did nothing and never attacked us much. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Would he be saying all this if he hadn’t just been relegated? Not sure but it’s an interesting perspective.

Nicky Butt on U23 and academy football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43745108

A roundabout way of saying his u23s are crap but he does make a few fair points. The true talents, the likes of Owens, Rooneys, Giggs, Rashfords, Ronaldos of this world and our very own Duff, the talent was obvious from the get go and were around the first teams in their teens or very early 20's at the latest. I can kind of agree that if you are a bitolder than that and still not in contention, there is not much chance of it happening. There will be obvious exceptions of course but those United u23s have nothing more than hoping for a lower league club now and looking to try and develop through game time.

Makes me think about our lot though, Utd are obvious a massive club so getting in would be tough anyway. We are a League 1 side and we must have some approaching the age now where it is not going to be happening for some of them.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

DbQJbFgX4AAM11W.jpg:large

The Champions. 

I believe those two fine young chaps at the front to be in Pleasington branch of the Crips.

Those lads are taller than the Riverside Stand! :D

Seriously, well done you young blues!

A great conclusion to a very successful season tonight at the Hawthorns.  Nuttall got his goal to be leading goalscorer and Danny Butterworth returned after injury to give a sparkling performance when he came on in the second half and scored a terrific goal.  Man of the Match for many was Jack Evans who was outstanding playing as left wing back.  Damien Johnson and David Dunn have done a terrific job with these lads this season and deserve a huge amount of praise for their efforts.  Undoubtedly the best crop of youngsters we've had in a long time and Damien and Dunny have got the very best out of them.  The Under-23's have been a joy to follow this season.

• Like 8

Just now, Parsonblue said:

A great conclusion to a very successful season tonight at the Hawthorns.  Nuttall got his goal to be leading goalscorer and Danny Butterworth returned after injury to give a sparkling performance when he came on in the second half and scored a terrific goal.  Man of the Match for many was Jack Evans who was outstanding playing as left wing back.  Damien Johnson and David Dunn have done a terrific job with these lads this season and deserve a huge amount of praise for their efforts.  Undoubtedly the best crop of youngsters we've had in a long time and Damien and Dunny have got the very best out of them.  The Under-23's have been a joy to follow this season.

......... but does Mowbray trust youth ? The signs are he doesn't.