BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

2 out of a squad of 16, and hardly trusted them played them once or twice. I'm not including Nuttall because he's not an academy product. 

We were in a season where we needed Promotion. Thats matters more. I did suggest playing Travis in a recent game to freshen things up

I really pleased that The players and Johnson/Dunn won the league. Great achievement

Sorry, yes. I agree.

Not convinced Mowbray has much stock in this youth team which is a shame.

I remember a few years ago Bowyer refusing to play any youngsters in a dead rubber game so it could go either way.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We were in a season where we needed Promotion. Thats matters more. I did suggest playing Travis in a recent game to freshen things up

I really pleased that The players and Johnson/Dunn won the league. Great achievement

Rakeem Harper played more games for us than any of our own players. What about Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham? If you are good enough you are old enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A great conclusion to a very successful season tonight at the Hawthorns.  Nuttall got his goal to be leading goalscorer and Danny Butterworth returned after injury to give a sparkling performance when he came on in the second half and scored a terrific goal.  Man of the Match for many was Jack Evans who was outstanding playing as left wing back.  Damien Johnson and David Dunn have done a terrific job with these lads this season and deserve a huge amount of praise for their efforts.  Undoubtedly the best crop of youngsters we've had in a long time and Damien and Dunny have got the very best out of them.  The Under-23's have been a joy to follow this season.

On 20/04/2018 at 21:03, Stuart said:

Rovers are champions!! ?

Well done to Damien, David and the young lads.

80CA3255-45F5-4A48-994C-B5E11567C01F.jpeg

B175D7DD-A71F-4899-9FD0-32EF350CBA53.jpeg

Many thanks to Parson and Stuart and others for providing updates from the youth games for those of us unable to get to them this season - and well done to Damien, David and the lads on a terrific achievement!

Now let’s make it a double tonight!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sorry, yes. I agree.

Not convinced Mowbray has much stock in this youth team which is a shame.

I remember a few years ago Bowyer refusing to play any youngsters in a dead rubber game so it could go either way.

The youngsters have shown that they aint good enough at first team level.

In a sh1t or bust season I’m not sure I’d have put the kids in more often than Mowbray did. Raya and Nyambe weren’t exactly veterans but they were picked every game available. Nuttall has been on the pitch 620 mins, equivalent of 7 full games, not bad considering Graham and Dack are must picks, and IMO he didn’t earn any more time. Travis was thrown on in some critical situations then completely ballsed up in a crucial game. And, most importantly, we will be going up without having needed them.

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

In a sh1t or bust season I’m not sure I’d have put the kids in more often than Mowbray did. Raya and Nyambe weren’t exactly veterans but they were picked every game available. Nuttall has been on the pitch 620 mins, equivalent of 7 full games, not bad considering Graham and Dack are must picks, and IMO he didn’t earn any more time. Travis was thrown on in some critical situations then completely ballsed up in a crucial game. And, most importantly, we will be going up without having needed them.

Raya has progressed Nyambe hasn't.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Ask Mowbray.

Why waste his time when they've had opportunities and failed to take them. That checkatrade performance at home to Bury was embarrassing and that's a now a league two outfit that the youngsters couldn't compete against. 

This is why the likes of Armstrong Payne and Antonnsson are here on loan.

Edited by JAL

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, JAL said:

Raya has progressed Nyambe hasn't.

The latter is just an embarrassing comment JAL. He’s come on so much. 

But I don’t suppose you’d even praise him if he turned up to your house, took you out for the night, bought all your food and drinks and paid for your taxi home.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The latter is just an embarrassing comment JAL. He’s come on so much. 

But I don’t suppose you’d even praise him if he turned up to your house, took you out for the night, bought all your food and drinks and paid for your taxi home.

Who Raya or the dummy right back ?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JAL said:

Who Raya or the dummy right back ?

Don’t be cute, you know exactly who I mean. Anyway, how do you know how good a player is if you never watch them play?

10 hours ago, JAL said:

Why waste his time when they've had opportunities and failed to take them. That checkatrade performance at home to Bury was embarrassing and that's a now a league two outfit that the youngsters couldn't compete against. 

This is why the likes of Armstrong Payne and Antonnsson are here on loan.

JAL you're embarrassing yourself. Of all times of the season, now is a good one to just stop going on this with hunt of yours. 

Young lads need opportunities, Ronaldo wasn't the same player when he played for Lisbon as he is for Madrid. If you can't grasp the concept that player need time to learn their trade, you are missing a very basic tenet of football and sports in general. For everyones sake, go and think logically about what you are going to say before posting. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

JAL you're embarrassing yourself. Of all times of the season, now is a good one to just stop going on this with hunt of yours. 

Young lads need opportunities, Ronaldo wasn't the same player when he played for Lisbon as he is for Madrid. If you can't grasp the concept that player need time to learn their trade, you are missing a very basic tenet of football and sports in general. For everyones sake, go and think logically about what you are going to say before posting. 

Spot on!