BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

And again. Travis is apparently desperate to play and is not given the benefit of the doubt. Despite zero evidence of anything.

Interesting.

Where have I said or insinuated that he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Besides, there's a huge difference between (allegedly) refusing to take your place on the bench and simply being injured and still living a normal human life! Not like you to take context away from a situation in which you want to point score though..

As K-Hod said, the truth will be somewhere inbetween. I'm actually quite happy the youngster is banging on the door for more football. I'm not happy if the rumour he refused to be on the bench is true though.

EDIT: Isn't it also interesting that that you want to give this youth the "benefit of the doubt" for his entitled beliefs but spent yesterday slamming the generation he's from for exactly that.

"Interesting"......or weird?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Heard rumours of a small bust up between Travis and Mowbray on Saturday night. Apparently Travis is disappointed not to be getting the game time promised when he could have gone out to Port Vale on loan and play every game! Supposed to have gone to Mowbray when he found out he wasn't in the starting 11 voicing his discontent and spent the night out with his girlfriend rather than go on the subs' bench! (She is a bit of alreyt mind you)

Anyone with any more knowledge of this? 

I can confirm she is a bit of alright

On 04/09/2018 at 18:24, Stuart said:

Interesting that you think one needs dealing with and the other is something and nothing. I guess one player is integral to the first team and the other isn’t. I suppose it was ever thus.

No Stuart it's because they are 2 completely different situations if what was said about Travis is true. Dack was injured, hence he wasn't going to play anyway. Travis didn't play because he went off in a huff about not going on loan. Are you so stubborn in your criticism of Dack that you can't see the difference in the 2 scenarios? Baffling. 

Mansell and Thompson going out on loan

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16696370.rovers-youngsters-head-out-on-loan-to-non-league-side/

We have had a decent crop for the development squad this last season or so. The same won’t be said about this season. A huge learning curve and almost certainly relegation back to Div 2. Doesn’t matter in the scheme of things and maybe a two year cycle is a good thing but it’s still a bit disappointing. Not sure if that’s the right word.

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where are these games held? The academy ground or Brockhall training ground? 

Is it free and where do you park your car?  

Usually they play down at the academy and there is a car park but it can soon get full.  It is free to watch. You can see the car park on the ariel view on this page - https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/academy/academy-directions/

I was thinking of going today but the weather put me off. It ended 0-0

Edited by Hanks
but

1 hour ago, Hanks said:

Usually they play down at the academy and there is a car park but it can soon get full.  It is free to watch. You can see the car park on the ariel view on this page - https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/academy/academy-directions/

I was thinking of going today but the weather put me off. It ended 0-0

It ended 6-0 to Everton in driving rain!  Not the best way to spend a late Saturday morning.  The result flattered the visitors although they were the better team - we fell to pieces at the end and conceded three late goals.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

It ended 6-0 to Everton in driving rain!  Not the best way to spend a late Saturday morning.  The result flattered the visitors although they were the better team - we fell to pieces at the end and conceded three late goals.

Very worrying.

Of the current 23's how on earth do you expect them to win a game this season with the likes of hapless Jack Evans and Buckley playing for them ?

Thank god they've moved Mansell out!

Edited by JAL

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Any players from the under 18's you think have potential to make it into Rovers 1st team?

24 minutes ago, JAL said:

Very worrying.

Of the current 23's how on earth do you expect them to win a game this season with the likes of hapless Jack Evans and Buckley playing for them ?

Thank god they've moved Mansell out!

What wrong with Mansell? 

Plus Evans and Buckley?

Please can you a detail post why you are against them already? I wonder if they are other reasons why you are against them. 

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I checked on the official site and it said F/t 0-0, it's still up as 0-0 on one page and 0-5 on another! 

12 minutes ago, Hanks said:

I checked on the official site and it said F/t 0-0, it's still up as 0-0 on one page and 0-5 on another! 

I know - confusing isn't it.  A couple of friends who were at the game with me have asked if we missed something.  I note that one site has Everton missing a penalty - it was actually Rovers who missed the penalty.  It was raining pretty hard, and we were sheltering as best we could under umbrellas but I don't think we imagined Everton scoring so many!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What wrong with Mansell? 

Plus Evans and Buckley?

Please can you a detail post why you are against them already? I wonder if they are other reasons why you are against them. 

They are probably friends with Nyambe.

• Like 2