BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

I see that most sites have now corrected the score from yesterday to a 6-0 win for Everton.  I think most sites seem to take a link to a particular site which seemed to have missed Everton's opener on 4 minutes. It was a difficult game for a young Under-18 team and, as I said yesterday, 6-0 rather flattered Everton. 

20 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I see that most sites have now corrected the score from yesterday to a 6-0 win for Everton.  I think most sites seem to take a link to a particular site which seemed to have missed Everton's opener on 4 minutes. It was a difficult game for a young Under-18 team and, as I said yesterday, 6-0 rather flattered Everton. 

The official site still has it as 0-0

22E75D7F-5D03-4C58-8F7B-4B5968B1C09F.png

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The official site still has it as 0-0

I thought we were due to play Preston in the Lancashire Senior cup down at Brockhall on Tuesday, but I can't find it on any of the fixtures list on the official site.

On 09/09/2018 at 10:30, Parsonblue said:

Come on parsonblue asked you a question how on earth do you expect win games at u 23 premier league one level with the likes of Evans Buckley and Mansell to name three that I know of ?

• Downvote 1

On 09/09/2018 at 12:27, Hanks said:

I thought we were due to play Preston in the Lancashire Senior cup down at Brockhall on Tuesday, but I can't find it on any of the fixtures list on the official site.

According to the LEP Preston have forfeited because they can't raise a team

23 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

According to the LEP Preston have forfeited because they can't raise a team

Aye. Bottlers. Running scared of the mighty Rovers. Twas ever thus....

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-forced-to-cancel-and-forfeit-their-lancashire-fa-senior-cup-tie-with-blackburn-rovers-1-9342766

15 hours ago, JAL said:

Come on parsonblue asked you a question how on earth do you expect win games at u 23 premier league one level with the likes of Evans Buckley and Mansell to name three that I know of ?

What wrong with Mansell? 

Plus Evans and Buckley?

Please can you a detail post why you are against them already? I wonder if they are other reasons why you are against them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any reply to my questions above @JAL or you just ignoring them cos you give reasons why? 

Awaiting Parsonblue reply first chaddy apologies for the delay.

Looks like Parsonblue has been on and done a runner.

Edited by JAL

I'm going to go to the next game. I think it's at ewood. Anyone know if Rodwell is likely to feature. He's been quiet since he signed. I thought tony might have said we're going to give him some minUtes with the u23s to get him up to speed or something along them lines but he's never been mentioned. Possibly an outing for Davenport to. We could do with A few lads with experience in to help out the younger lads.

22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm going to go to the next game. I think it's at ewood. Anyone know if Rodwell is likely to feature. He's been quiet since he signed. I thought tony might have said we're going to give him some minUtes with the u23s to get him up to speed or something along them lines but he's never been mentioned. Possibly an outing for Davenport to. We could do with A few lads with experience in to help out the younger lads.

Not sure if Davenport is fit yet. Hip flexor injury could mean all sorts of things.

I just watched most of the first half from the lounge in the Blackburn End after the Fans Forum meeting. We had to guess who was playing.

0-0 at half time. Rovers were comfortably the best side in the first half and should really be in front, a combination of a few wasted opportunities and a good save or two. Rodwell is playing centre back but in truth had virtually nowt to do. A centre midfield of Travis and Tomlinson controlled the game. It was a most un Arsenal like performance but I've no idea who is playing for them - it could be a very young side. You expect them to be good on the ball and have plenty of possession even if the end product is not great but they have had little of the ball and have been caught in possession plenty of times.

34 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I just watched most of the first half from the lounge in the Blackburn End after the Fans Forum meeting. We had to guess who was playing.

0-0 at half time. Rovers were comfortably the best side in the first half and should really be in front, a combination of a few wasted opportunities and a good save or two. Rodwell is playing centre back but in truth had virtually nowt to do. A centre midfield of Travis and Tomlinson controlled the game. It was a most un Arsenal like performance but I've no idea who is playing for them - it could be a very young side. You expect them to be good on the ball and have plenty of possession even if the end product is not great but they have had little of the ball and have been caught in possession plenty of times.

How was the forum meeting? 

I left on 82 with the score still 0-0. Rovers Dominated the whole game with a few decent chances but failed to score. Arsenal went down to ten after 50 mins. Mitchell came on around 75 for an injured mol's. Rodwell didn't have much to do but you could see the class difference in his composure. Carter was awful tonight and nuttall was poor but everyone else had a good game. Arsenal never got going. 

11 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I left on 82 with the score still 0-0. Rovers Dominated the whole game with a few decent chances but failed to score. Arsenal went down to ten after 50 mins. Mitchell came on around 75 for an injured mol's. Rodwell didn't have much to do but you could see the class difference in his composure. Carter was awful tonight and nuttall was poor but everyone else had a good game. Arsenal never got going. 

Cheers,  could you expand a bit on Rodwell please? Was he center of a back 3? 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cheers,  could you expand a bit on Rodwell please? Was he center of a back 3? 

I was only able to watch the first half but Rodwell looked lean and fit. He talked non stop and organised the back line very well. 

In truth he had very little to do but looked comfortable and classy. He effortlessly robbed the lone striker of the ball a couple of times and his distribution was simple but effective.

On one occasion he burst forward with the ball and looked dangerous. He is quick and still looks like a younger player.

He won't have an easier time than this but I was very encouraged by him.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I was only able to watch the first half but Rodwell looked lean and fit. He talked non stop and organised the back line very well. 

In truth he had very little to do but looked comfortable and classy. He effortlessly robbed the lone striker of the ball a couple of times and his distribution was simple but effective.

On one occasion he burst forward with the ball and looked dangerous. He is quick and still looks like a younger player.

He won't have an easier time than this but I was very encouraged by him.

That's good to hear. He has obviously had a bad few years, but I would expect a lad whose last 2 moves cost a total of £25 million to look a class above in an under 23s game. Bigger tests to come, but positive signs going off your feedback. 

• Like 2