BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, Stuart said:

Left before the end so missed the late excitement! Not sure why Nuttall didn’t take the penalty.

Probably a fair result in the end. 3–1 might have flattered us slightly.

Do Liverpool train their youngsters in the fine are of hounding the referee? Always in his ear and making him book happy. A red card was odd on in the second half.

Thanks for the updates Stuart. How was Davenport and how did Nyambe look on his return?

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Thanks for the updates Stuart. How was Davenport and how did Nyambe look on his return?

Nobody really stood out for me. And despite his standing (as a first teamer) I didn’t really pick out Davenport. It was a good team performance. Mols is always lively and looked good when he came on. It was a good run out for Nyambe - a man amongst boys. Nuttall was similar. He is too good for this level but not going to break into the first team. Needs to go on loan.

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

Nobody really stood out for me. And despite his standing (as a first teamer) I didn’t really pick out Davenport. It was a good team performance. Mols is always lively and looked good when he came on. It was a good run out for Nyambe - a man amongst boys. Nuttall was similar. He is too good for this level but not going to break into the first team. Needs to go on loan.

Suppose theres less of an urgency for Davenport to come into the first team imminently with the numbers we have in there at the moment.

Never been particularly convinced by Nuttall to be honest, but certainly agree that he needs a loan, and should have been loaned out in the summer.

How was Lyons?

Thanks again.

Just been watching the u23s. Line up

Burne

Doyle.      Downing.   Grayson.     Buckley

Carter.           Travis.   Tomlinson.    Lyons

Butterworth.    Nuttall

It finished 3-0 to city.

Rovers played well, Travis and Tomlinson stood out. City had mangala at cb and nmecha who opened the scoring and looks a real prospect. 100 pcent effort but beaten by that extra bit of quality city where always going to posses.

John Buckley is one I'm going to keep an eye on. He looks like he has alot of potential. He has a child's body but a really good brain and is a very good footballer going forward and defensively. I don't know how old he is but could be one to watch. 

5 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

The Lithuanian youngster we got in the Summer, Vilius Piliukatis, is making waves for the under 18s and getting rave reviews. Scored two and got an assist against West Brom in a 4-1 win.

Reports suggested we beat some 'big' clubs to his signature so excited to see how he progresses. 

It seems like Blackburn Rovers are a genuine football club that operate well from first team down to the youth. Incredible really, considering how fucked we where 2 years ago.

• Like 8

On 05/11/2018 at 15:42, Trinidad Rover said:

The Lithuanian youngster we got in the Summer, Vilius Piliukatis, is making waves for the under 18s and getting rave reviews. Scored two and got an assist against West Brom in a 4-1 win.

Reports suggested we beat some 'big' clubs to his signature so excited to see how he progresses. 

This lad must make the first team if only so that we have to devise a song for him. 

• Like 1

Yeah is in the Sun as well.

17-years old, surely cannot be far away from the first team if he is that good and he is far more likely to get those kind of minutes with us than at any of those clubs who will just loan him out for most of his career.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he is as good as it sounds he should be in the first team. Mowbray signed Harper last year and played him at 17,so I don't see the issue here. Get him in Tony 

Surely he should step up to the u-21s first and see if he impresses as much at that level?

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Surely he should step up to the u-21s first and see if he impresses as much at that level?

If he is as good as he sounds I don't see why he can't just bypass that. I find the introduction of young players these days is far too controlled and cautious. A lot of them just end up stagnating in under age set ups and/or a cycle of going on loan. Throw him on for the last 10 minutes of a game. It's all so structured these days. Everyone pretty much knows who the opposition will have or on the bench. We need more Wayne Rooney type debuts, just let a young lad with no fear on to do his thing. Don't coach it out of them. 

It's easier with wingers or forwards I feel, opposed to goalkeepers, defenders or centre mids. Less pressure and less repercussions if they do make mistakes. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Give him a few games at u21 and see how he does. There is not a cat in hells chance of Tony promoting an under 18 straight into the first team.

If he stands out at that level then put him on the bench as an incentive and tie him down. 

I don't understand why he hasn't been promoted to u23s if he is so highly thought of. 

What happened to the lad everton or leicester nicked off us. How's he doing 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he is as good as he sounds I don't see why he can't just bypass that. I find the introduction of young players these days is far too controlled and cautious. A lot of them just end up stagnating in under age set ups and/or a cycle of going on loan. Throw him on for the last 10 minutes of a game. It's all so structured these days. Everyone pretty much knows who the opposition will have or on the bench. We need more Wayne Rooney type debuts, just let a young lad with no fear on to do his thing. Don't coach it out of them. 

It's easier with wingers or forwards I feel, opposed to goalkeepers, defenders or centre mids. Less pressure and less repercussions if they do make mistakes. 

No way is he ready for the first team.  He looks decent but not first team material.  He will probably play with the Under-23's before long I would think.

9 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

No way is he ready for the first team.  He looks decent but not first team material.  He will probably play with the Under-23's before long I would think.

I find it strange that the top 6 clubs in England want to sign him, yet he isn't even good enough for a place on our first team bench. I stand by my comment that there is an overly cautious approach with young players these days. 

Anyway, if he is only going to be in the under 23s this season, he would be far better off staying here than going to a top 6 club. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I find it strange that the top 6 clubs in England want to sign him, yet he isn't even good enough for a place on our first team bench.

Do you? He's only 17 and has only just come over from Lithuania. Ripping it up at U-18s in a handful of games doesn't mean he's the next Messi. They're not looking to buy him for their first team, they're looking to take him for his potential obviously. This is what the big clubs do, they try to hoover up all the best young talent whilst they're still cheap.

I find it strange you want him to go straight to the first team after 4 (I believe) appearances for the U-18s. Surely the U-23s is the next logical step, even if only for a few games if he continues in the same vein at a higher level. We have a whole bunch of talented, more experienced players struggling to get in the side in the first team.

I do agree he would be best staying here though, the top 6 is a graveyard for young talent.

Edited by bluebruce