BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

I like to think that our academy side getting a win over Stanley reflects well on the standards of our youth setup, rather than reflecting badly on Stanley.

Question to more knowledgeable posters: Did Travis truly ‘stand out’ at u23 level, because he certainly has in his senior matches. Maybe some more of them really are due a call-up?

He stood out largely because of his energy levels and ability to get up and down the pitch - and he liked to put a tackle in. Don’t forget he played right back for most of his time there.

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Stanley's u23s must be pretty good? Surprised at that really.

It wasn't their under 23's that we played. It was a Lancs Senior Cup game so you can play whoever you want (we chose to play the u23's) and their side included a fair few players with football league experience. 

36 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Stanley's u23s must be pretty good? Surprised at that really.

Stanley played several experienced first team players in their side so it wasn't an under-23 side.  Because we have a game on Wednesday we were unable to put senior squad member in the side and restricted it to the Under-23 side.  All of which made it an even more impressive performance under the circumstances.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Looks like to the left of Buckley in a midfield three. I'm not there so that is going off a website and that's how they have us lined up.

I think he might have a free role knowing how he plays

Fingers crossed he makes it through unscathed. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Disappointing night for the Under-23's.  Everton looked like a top of the table side  tonight although, in fairness, their goalkeeper was outstanding with a number of brilliant saves.  We conceded two goals from mistakes by our players.  Tyler was responsible for the first by trying to play his way out of defence and then losing the ball.  Albinson  should have done better with the second.  Chapman had 60 minutes and was fairly anonymous - certainly looks a long way off being ready for the first team - and Davenport didn't really do much to impress.  With ten players out on loan and Travis promoted to the seniors, the Under-23's haven't really many options at this point.  Damien Johnson looked very frustrated on the touchline, rather like Mowbray yesterday.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Brace yourself for this one being a daft kick off time. Probably lunchtime midweek to discourage people from going.

I think their semi-final against Rochdale was behind closed doors.  Wouldn't be the first time that a Rovers/Burnley game has been played behind closed doors.

29 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think their semi-final against Rochdale was behind closed doors.  Wouldn't be the first time that a Rovers/Burnley game has been played behind closed doors.

I always thought the rules of the Lancashire Cup were that it had to be open to spectators. Either way, if this one isn't open to the public the people at Lancashire FA will be missing out on a potential moneyspinner.

I remember a few years back when the reserves of both sides met at Stanley. Think it was a 1pm kick off on a Tuesday to discourage fans.....didn’t work though. Quite a few attended and due to the close proximity of the players walking off at the end of each half quite a good few of the b***ley players got the dogs abuse. 

Which was nice.