BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like Lewis Hardcastle will be off to a conference team. Any thoughts on that, from those who have seen him far more than I have? I remember him being highly rated once.

He's been at Barrow since January, and has just had his loan extended. Barrow were talking about making it permanent but I don't think it has been yet.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where did Tomlinson end up ?

Tomlinson joined Mansfield in January. Made a handful of appearances since.

Won 4-1, Rankin-Costello brace, Vale and Carter with the others. 

Another 90 under his belt for Chappers I believe. Was only following twitter updates but he seems to be imposing himself more each time he plays. He sounds like he's capable of making the bench for the first team now. Not sure if TM is being sensible or a bit mard with him but personally can't wait to see him back running at defenders. 

Edited by Ossydave

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Word is one who played tonight will be on the bench tomorrow, probably either Doyle or Buckley.

Good. Better to have 7 subs rather than 6, even if it gives the young lad experience in being a member of the matchday squad.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Won 4-1, Rankin-Costello brace, Vale and Carter with the others. 

Another 90 under his belt for Chappers I believe. Was only following twitter updates but he seems to be imposing himself more each time he plays. He sounds like he's capable of making the bench for the first team now. Not sure if TM is being sensible or a bit mard with him but personally can't wait to see him back running at defenders. 

There is absolutely no point in playing Chapman in this first team this season. There would be more value in blooding some of the youngsters.

A few years ago, Bowyer had the opportunity to do so and didn’t take it. What will Bowyer do...?

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There is absolutely no point in playing Chapman in this first team this season. There would be more value in blooding some of the youngsters.

A few years ago, Bowyer had the opportunity to do so and didn’t take it. What will Bowyer do...?

Why is there no point in playing Chapman?

A good win tonight but the game was closer than the 4-1 scoreline would suggest, particularly in the first half.  Rovers started very well and were on top when they opened the scoring through Hayden Carter - who looks so much better at centre-back than as a wing-back or full-back.  Then Stoke equalised and it became a very even game.  In the second half we got on top and took our chances when they came.  Joe's first goal was special - a really superb piece of individualism. 

Joe had an excellent game in his new attacking full-back role although I thought Charley Doyle was our best player on the night - really commanding at the back and a brilliant run to create the goal for Jack Vale.

Chapman had a fairly quiet night, one or two moments but still looks off the pace over 90 minutes.  He's getting there but still doesn't look ready for the first team.  Interesting to see Tre Pemberton in the Stoke line-up - certainly hasn't lived up to the promise he showed as a youngster with the Rovers according to the Stoke fans we spoke to.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why is there not? He's 21 himself ffs - hardly a seasoned pro at the club. 

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Why is there not? He's 21 himself ffs - hardly a seasoned pro at the club. 

We know what he can do and we have nothing to play for. C’mon Dave, did you really need that explaining to you?

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A good win tonight but the game was closer than the 4-1 scoreline would suggest, particularly in the first half.  Rovers started very well and were on top when they opened the scoring through Hayden Carter - who looks so much better at centre-back than as a wing-back or full-back.  Then Stoke equalised and it became a very even game.  In the second half we got on top and took our chances when they came.  Joe's first goal was special - a really superb piece of individualism. 

Joe had an excellent game in his new attacking full-back role although I thought Charley Doyle was our best player on the night - really commanding at the back and a brilliant run to create the goal for Jack Vale.

Chapman had a fairly quiet night, one or two moments but still looks off the pace over 90 minutes.  He's getting there but still doesn't look ready for the first team.  Interesting to see Tre Pemberton in the Stoke line-up - certainly hasn't lived up to the promise he showed as a youngster with the Rovers according to the Stoke fans we spoke to.

Do you think Rankin-Costello are gonna play for the first team before the season ends?

Thing to remember with Chapman is he's never even played a minute of Championship football. Still young and hardly proven. If the medical team determines it's too big of a risk with his hamstring, definitely no need to rush him. I'd guess he'll be given a 20-minute cameo at some point (it'll be fun to see him skipping past tired fullbacks again!)

Actually, just checking now, Chapman never actually started a league game with Sheffield United in the season before his loan with us. Had a few starts with Barnsley the year before that, but a reminder of how raw he still is.

---

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17502502.how-graham-helped-tyler-magloire-prepare-for-rovers-debut/

Just a little tidbit, but I thought this was a nice insight into how a player like Graham can help the youngsters. They've got to be ready for blistering speed and players like Graham who will bully them physically if they're not ready for it.

On 14/03/2019 at 23:11, bluebruce said:

Looks like Lewis Hardcastle will be off to a conference team. Any thoughts on that, from those who have seen him far more than I have? I remember him being highly rated once.

23 hours ago, Mike E said:

No shame in that, Raya’s last loan was at Southport.

I was wondering about Hardcastle... sounds like he wasn't really given a proper chance at Port Vale, but if he has any prospect of Championship football in him, you'd think at 20 (turning 21 in the summer) he'd be able to bully his way into a League 2 squad. And then seemingly couldn't secure a better loan than the National League after that. Sounds like he's doing well with Barrow anyway, (and I'll admit I've barely seen him play!), but wouldn't be surprised if he leaves given I think he's out of contract in the summer.

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Once he’s fit (how long is it taking, by the way, can we send him altitude training up Kilimanjaro or something?) get him in.

Give the fans, especially at Ewood, a bit of excitement for once. 

How long has it taken Davenport??

Play Chapman, don’t play him. It doesn’t make a blind bit of difference this season. But the Championship isn’t like League One and we will be facing teams who do have something to play for. He isn’t the most robust of players (a reason not to sign him at all - and why Boro let him go after being there since he was 8!) although I suppose he has the Summer to recover if he breaks down again.

He must not come back until he is absolutely ready.