BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

A good win tonight but the game was closer than the 4-1 scoreline would suggest, particularly in the first half.  Rovers started very well and were on top when they opened the scoring through Hayden Carter - who looks so much better at centre-back than as a wing-back or full-back.  Then Stoke equalised and it became a very even game.  In the second half we got on top and took our chances when they came.  Joe's first goal was special - a really superb piece of individualism. 

Joe had an excellent game in his new attacking full-back role although I thought Charley Doyle was our best player on the night - really commanding at the back and a brilliant run to create the goal for Jack Vale.

Chapman had a fairly quiet night, one or two moments but still looks off the pace over 90 minutes.  He's getting there but still doesn't look ready for the first team.  Interesting to see Tre Pemberton in the Stoke line-up - certainly hasn't lived up to the promise he showed as a youngster with the Rovers according to the Stoke fans we spoke to.

It's interesting to see that Rankin-Costello has been converted to a full back. Do you think that's were his long term future lies? Given that we are thin on the ground for quality full backs it's an interesting move.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

We know what he can do and we have nothing to play for. C’mon Dave, did you really need that explaining to you?

To my knowledge Chapman hasn't played a competitive game for us in the Championship, did you really need that explaining to you?

What a pointless comment, we know what most of the first team are/aren't capable of. 

21 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

To my knowledge Chapman hasn't played a competitive game for us in the Championship, did you really need that explaining to you?

What a pointless comment, we know what most of the first team are/aren't capable of. 

If he isn’t capable at this level the Mowbray shouldn’t have bought him.

There are players in the U23s ranks who we need to find out if they have it in them to step up. Buckley, Butterworth, I’d even love to see Mols given a test on the wing in a dead rubber.

If we were looking at 6th place as a potential aim to the end of the season then Chapman would definitely be worth the risk. As it is there is more to lose than gain by playing him right now.

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Our good friend Nicko : "Big Buzz on grapevine for Jake Garrett at BLACKBURN. Left back. Under 23s last night at 16. One to watch. And being watched"

Who is this Garrett?

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2018/05/26/transfer-news-manchester-united-tracking-blackburn-rovers-wonderkid-jake-garrett/

From last year^

On 15/03/2019 at 09:52, Mike E said:

No shame in that, Raya’s last loan was at Southport.

No I mean permanently. He's already on loan at a conference team.

(Seem to remember Raya was 17 when he was on loan? For a keeper that's actually pretty good)

On 15/03/2019 at 10:28, JHRover said:

He's been at Barrow since January, and has just had his loan extended. Barrow were talking about making it permanent but I don't think it has been yet.

I know, that's what I was talking about? Barrow boss was saying they thought it was close.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is absolutely no point in playing Chapman in this first team this season. There would be more value in blooding some of the youngsters.

Of course there is. He IS a youngster, and needs first team games to get up to speed for next season.

Edited by bluebruce

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Some highlights from a few days ago of the u18s playing the Garuda select.

Anyone know who they are and why they played us and mk Don's this week

Our u-18s looked poor there and the keeper is horrendous. Their lad 'Amanar' looked quick.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 12:11, Stuart said:

If he isn’t capable at this level the Mowbray shouldn’t have bought him.

There are players in the U23s ranks who we need to find out if they have it in them to step up. Buckley, Butterworth, I’d even love to see Mols given a test on the wing in a dead rubber.

If we were looking at 6th place as a potential aim to the end of the season then Chapman would definitely be worth the risk. As it is there is more to lose than gain by playing him right now.

Jesus no, I think getting Chapman in and him delivering a bit of excitement might be one of the few remaining positives we could see this season. 

On 19/03/2019 at 11:42, Admiral Nelsen said:

Little snippet in today's LT: looks like Rankin-Costello is likely to sign new terms in the coming days. Seems like he has impressed since coming back from injury

With all these good young midfielders we have, no reason not to drop most if not all our budget on defenders and strikers. It's just we are so saturated with central midfielders..... 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus no, I think getting Chapman in and him delivering a bit of excitement might be one of the few remaining positives we could see this season. 

I’ve watched him play for the U23s recently. He was good.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Has he lost any pace due to his injuries?

I seem to remember him being absolutely electric when he flew into L1. He didn’t get me out of my seat but he was quick enough and showed good movement and passing.

He will be a good fit for the first team but probably instead of Armstrong.