BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

58 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Simply not true - Travis is our first choice midfielder as demonstrated by playing every game except 3 since January, and even in those games he came on as sub. He also almost invariably plays the full ninety while Evans or whoever comes off.

Mowbray has made mistakes but let's not bend the plain facts.

Similarly Rothwell has now played 5 in a row. More than the likes of Conway have done.

So while maybe not as quick to play them as desired he does stick with them 

I stand by my post.

Just now, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I'm surprised that Butterworth's burst into the box from within the centre circle and subsequent cross shot hasn't prompted more comment. Excellent balance, technique and no little confidence.

Don't be sensitive. I called him the new Rooney. And not the one at Salford.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

The only result of expressing opinions so obviously contradicted by data is the undermining of credibility.

I disagree with your “data”.

Mowbray up until yesterday gave young players time following injuries to his trusted players.

It’s almost like this hasn’t been an ongoing debate all season!

Credibility indeed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Stuart said:

Mowbray up until yesterday gave young players time following injuries to his trusted players.

In fairness he did introduce Travis last season and he made a @#/? of it by displaying a lot of immaturity against Portsmouth. Now I think he did exclude Travis for too long after that, so I can see both sides of it.  I think the fact that Evans and Smallwood are such an uninspiring combination , leads to fans thinking that literally anyone would be better, but it is up to the young lads to take their chance when offered it. 

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Travis started vs Blades alongside Smallwood. With Evans dropped to the bench. He wasn't injured.

Travis has basically been ever present since.

For the fiftieth time.

• Like 1

At the minimum I would expect one of either Evans and Smallwood in the team - just never both of them please. Ideally i would like Travis and Reed as a partnership going forward but thats unlikely to happen now that the Ginja Ninja has gone back home so my second choice right now would be Rodwell and Travis.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this anymore, but Nyambe has signed a 12 month extension

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/new-deal-for-nyambe/ 

It's in the transfer thread as well. That's not appropriate either. I'm going to resurrect his own thread and pop it in there too. All angles covered!

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

That brought back memories Paul.  I remember Luke Staton playing for our youth and reserves - must be nearly twenty years ago, frightening how quickly times passes.  If I remember rightly he had a brief spell with Bolton after we released him and then ended up playing in Wales.

Fantastic lad and very very talented. Does lots for my company now from a motivational stand point. I wasn’t sure if he went to Ireland?

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

The guy has now given 13 youth players their debuts in two years. We regularly have 4 homegrown players in the first 11 and 5/6 in the squad. 

Magloire did ok. Just ok and now we have Lenihan and Williams playing out of their skin. 

Travis was given his debut BY MOWBRAY. How this came about is irrelevant. In any case, most young players get their chance because of injuries to first teamers anyway! 

Imagine if he’d piled them all in and carried on losing the last four.

You blame the manager for every action he takes which results in a negative outcome but distance him from every positive outcome. The screenshots of your posts on social media are poor from whoever is doing it but you don’t half provide some ammo at times pal.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 6