BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Does anyone know anything about the Burnley game and tickets etc. When there on sale and criteria etc

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/april/lancashire-cup-final-confirmed/

The competition’s 121st final will take place at the LFA’s County Ground in Leyland on Tuesday May 7th, kick-off 7pm.

This will be an all-ticket match, with both clubs allocated 1,000 tickets, which are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions (over-65s & 16 and under).

All Rovers tickets must be purchased in advance of the game from the Ewood Park ticket office (or by calling 01254 372000 or by visiting www.eticketing.co.uk/onerovers).

Tickets will be on sale from 9am on Tuesday April 23rd until 12.30pm on Sunday May 5th in the following phases:

Phase 1 – Rovers season ticket holders who are also 1875 Club members (April 23rd-April 30th) 

Phase 2 – Rovers season ticket holders (May 1st-May 5th)

• Like 1

Scott Wharton’s Bury we’re officially promoted last night. He’s played pretty much every game since arriving. I think it would make sense for him to go back to them next season and have a full season in League 1 (with Jan recall clause), although I don’t think he wants to go out on loan again.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 10:50, Mattyblue said:

The competition’s 121st final will take place at the LFA’s County Ground in Leyland on Tuesday May 7th, kick-off 7pm.

This will be an all-ticket match, with both clubs allocated 1,000 tickets, which are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions (over-65s & 16 and under).

All Rovers tickets must be purchased in advance of the game from the Ewood Park ticket office (or by calling 01254 372000 or by visiting www.eticketing.co.uk/onerovers).

Tickets will be on sale from 9am on Tuesday April 23rd until 12.30pm on Sunday May 5th in the following phases:

Phase 1 – Rovers season ticket holders who are also 1875 Club members (April 23rd-April 30th) 

Its normally a couple of quid to get in...cheeky gets.

On 29/04/2019 at 10:50, Mattyblue said:

Are both sets of support travelling in a bubble for this?

• Like 1

According to that press release, tickets appear to be only on sale to season ticket holders for Rovers fans. On the Burnley website they have been on open sale to anyone from the 23rd April.

7 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Scott Wharton’s Bury we’re officially promoted last night. He’s played pretty much every game since arriving. I think it would make sense for him to go back to them next season and have a full season in League 1 (with Jan recall clause), although I don’t think he wants to go out on loan again.

I heard that too...hopefully he'd be more willing to do six months in League One though this time. If he's realistic, he will, as he can't reasonably expect to walk back into a Championship side when he's barely played in League One. The best he can expect right now would be to assume the Downing cover role. Even that may be a stretch, depending how the summer business goes.

I don't see someone in the Championship trying to buy, nor someone in League One stumping up the few hundred grand I expect we'd want, so if he doesn't take a League One loan he may find himself back in the u-23s all or most of the season.

Bought my tickets today for this. As someone who attends a lot of 23's games at Leyland for free, £10 is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Lady at the ticket office told me sales have been very slow on both sides, and I can imagine that's purely down to the price more than anything - although up until today you had to be an 1875 Club Member.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Joe Grayson has been playing at left wingback for Grimsby during his loan spell there. Two goals in eight appearances, and their set-piece taker. Surprised to read that from all aspects, although their supporters don't think he's worth bringing back next season.

He's rubbish.  I know many better 20 year old but not with daddy a manager 

• Guest changed the title to Academy & U21s
Just now, OnePhilT said:

I saw Grayson play a couple of times for us last season; he looked very good at the back. I suppose many youngsters who get injected into the first team bring an instant breath of fresh air, so only time will tell, as well as how his next loan spell goes.

I imagine that Grimsby have been playing Grayson on the left to give him some game time. I thought centre-back was his natural position.

Like I say, he's shit. He's been shit since he was a kid and would be nowhere near our club if daddy hadn't had him at the right rovers-arse licking school in clitheroe 

Mols is a class above but his dad isn't in the game

Edited by Sparks Rover

I'm looking forward to us entering the Premier League International Cup next season and hosting some elite European clubs when our promising youngsters can lock horns with some of the best across Europe.

My understanding is that entry is for the 12 highest placed Category A clubs and 12 European clubs by invitation. With us finishing 5th in the upper division we should be getting picked.

Small problem for the Premier League - Rovers have just finished 5th whilst Man Utd finished 6th in division 2 so if entry is based on performance then Rovers will be in the competition and United won't be. Time to change the rules and make it all invitation only so the poster boys can be in.

• Like 3

Just now, Madon said:

That sounds good, would be interesting to see how we compete with them.

More info..

https://www.premierleague.com/premier-league-international-cup-explained

Don't get your hopes up too much. As good as it would be to those who watch the u23s and as beneficial as it would probably be to our lads and club profile I'm expecting them to find a way to avoid allowing us in. They won't want Blackburn Rovers as one of their elite 12 clubs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't get your hopes up too much. As good as it would be to those who watch the u23s and as beneficial as it would probably be to our lads and club profile I'm expecting them to find a way to avoid allowing us in. They won't want Blackburn Rovers as one of their elite 12 clubs.

We really have been upset by the Ladies experience haven’t we. I feel as though there was an issue with our Academy early days but can’t remember what it was - being overlooked for Cat A status despite meeting the criteria?

Just now, Stuart said:

We really have been upset by the Ladies experience haven’t we. I feel as though there was an issue with our Academy early days but can’t remember what it was - being overlooked for Cat A status despite meeting the criteria?

I may be paranoid about the whole thing but I was upset last summer when we didn't get invited into the Checkatrade Trophy despite finishing higher than numerous other academies that did get entered into it.

Thanks to the investment made some time ago which put us at the forefront of things we've managed to maintain Category A status and I suppose some credit has to go to these owners for not shutting it down, yet, although I suppose if we churn out more Hanleys, Lenihans and Travis's then it's worth chucking a couple of million a year into it.

Then there was the Ladies experience which laid bare the corruption.

In theory all clubs with Category A status should be considered equal insofar as academy standards are concerned as each have to maintain a level and investment each year. I've no doubt that they will want United in their International Competition and will try to get them in and likewise won't be keen on a non-Premier League club being so high up the rankings.

At the moment with 24 Category A clubs it fits quite neatly into their structure but it will be interesting to see what happens should another club seek admission as Category A and meet the criteria. Will they get rid of one to make room?

• Like 2

On 13/05/2019 at 10:35, JHRover said:

I'm looking forward to us entering the Premier League International Cup next season and hosting some elite European clubs when our promising youngsters can lock horns with some of the best across Europe.

My understanding is that entry is for the 12 highest placed Category A clubs and 12 European clubs by invitation. With us finishing 5th in the upper division we should be getting picked.

Small problem for the Premier League - Rovers have just finished 5th whilst Man Utd finished 6th in division 2 so if entry is based on performance then Rovers will be in the competition and United won't be. Time to change the rules and make it all invitation only so the poster boys can be in.

Probably won't happen, they were invited to take part last season and turned it down due to cost of away trips.....so I would think the same may apply again next season....and they would have done well in it also

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Probably won't happen, they were invited to take part last season and turned it down due to cost of away trips.....so I would think the same may apply again next season....and they would have done well in it also

In the International Cup you don't have away trips. All games are played in England. I agree though that Rovers will probably try to avoid the 'aggravation' of participating. Too much hard work.

Just now, JHRover said:

In the International Cup you don't have away trips. All games are played in England. I agree though that Rovers will probably try to avoid the 'aggravation' of participating. Too much hard work.

Ahh OK.... I know they were invited in but turned it down because of finance, I wonder if there is an obligation to pay for the away side ie Hotel, flights etc, the majority would be paid by the premiere league but I wonder if the the home sides are expected to subsidise some of it

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see Joe Grayson and Lewis Thompson spending some time with a motivational sports coach today. 

Themselves and a number of first team players included seem to be putting in a lot of effort this pre-season, especially compared to the last few with promotion in 17/18.