BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

On 21/08/2019 at 21:39, Mercer said:

Know full well what succession planning is!

Surely, the club knew two months ago whether Barr and Sheron were ready to step up.  If they were confident the pair were ready to step up then it should have been done and dusted in days.

I have never been involved in any organisation (excluding public sector organisations such as schools where vacancies have to also be advertised externally) where personnel has been earmarked as ready/capable for/of promotion only for the job to be advertised outside and then given to the internals some significant time down the line!

IMO, it's just farcical.

I have. Recently, at that. And repeatedly.

• Like 5

On 21/08/2019 at 22:39, Mercer said:

Surely, the club knew two months ago whether Barr and Sheron were ready to step up.  If they were confident the pair were ready to step up then it should have been done and dusted in days.

I have never been involved in any organisation (excluding public sector organisations such as schools where vacancies have to also be advertised externally) where personnel has been earmarked as ready/capable for/of promotion only for the job to be advertised outside and then given to the internals some significant time down the line!

IMO, it's just farcical.

I refer you to CIPD best practice guidance which is applicable in any sector.

• Like 2

IMO, it's just farcical.

In the public sector it is quite common for jobs to be advertised externally and an internal applicant get the job after a thorough interview process.  However, sometimes, when an external candidate comes along that is simply too good to turn down you go with that candidate.  Advertising externally gives you the opportunity to judge your internal candidates against the rest of the field.  Surely that can only be a good thing.  

Ultimately we have made a couple of excellent appointments in my opinion, having witnessed the work they have done with the academy over the past few years.

• Like 5

IMO, it's just farcical.

You've almost become a parody of yourself

Much preferred it when all you shared was your abysmal betting record

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Dominic Samuel to play tonight . Hart, JRC and Grayson also expected to play

Looking forward to this tonight. Should be a lovely sunny evening; Harry Chapman rampaging down the wing and no problem getting my half time Bovril from the little kiosk there. 

• Like 3

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Looking forward to this tonight. Should be a lovely sunny evening; Harry Chapman rampaging down the wing and no problem getting my half time Bovril from the little kiosk there. 

Aye should be a good game with the talent for that level on show

• Like 1

IMO, it's just farcical.

if they just appointed them straight away you would be complaining that they didn't widen the search to consider other candidates. 

Mercer posts everything tongue in cheek and to be a contrarian, doesn’t he?

I remember when he first joined and he spent his first weeks going on about what a great club Burnley are!

He’s often quite good at it, but he gets sloppy sometimes and makes it too obvious he’s on the wind up  - like the other week when he said ‘if you are looking to bounce back Fulham away is the ideal game’ :D

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Obviously rules Hart out of tomorrow.

Imagine JRC being picked ahead of Bell tomorrow, it won't happen but would be a huge middle finger shown towards Bell if he was.

JRC will probably take Bells place on the bench If Tosin isnt available I imagine.

Edited by MarkBRFC

11 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

If the point is to prepare them for the first team, why is Chapman up front and Hart on left wing?! Samuel looking a passenger with nothing sticking. 45 mins of running I suppose. Impressed by 4. Is that Lyons?

Number 4 is Tom White, midfielder brought in from non-league this summer. Best player so far.

Two players sent off for stupid stuff now. Platt and Doyle. Really need to learn..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

If the point is to prepare them for the first team, why is Chapman up front and Hart on left wing?! Samuel looking a passenger with nothing sticking. 45 mins of running I suppose. Impressed by 4. Is that Lyons?

Surely that sort of nonesense will prepare them more than anything for the first team?

• Like 2

Just for the record, Rovers 1 Wolves 2. (HT 0-0)

A Chapman shot equalised for Rovers. Despite heroic defending with 9 men they conceded towards the end.

Also Andy Fisher has gone on loan to Northampton Town.

• Like 1

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

A similar start to the season as last year, 1 point from 9. What were the sendings off for? Sounds like that was the difference between the sides on the night, rather frustratingly.

A heavy tackle by Platt and pushing the ball out of the hand as he ran by to get back in a defensive position by Doyle. Doyle had already been booked.

The 9 lads did extremely well and had a couple of chances even to score.

• Like 3

Two moments of madness cost us tonight.  Doyle made a hash of a pass that led to Platt making a poor challenge and was rightly shown the red card.   Then Doyle, already with a yellow, throws the ball away and is rightly booked again and shown a red.  I would imagine Billy will read the riot act to these two - and rightly so.

I thought Sam Hart was outstanding tonight and showed an old head when the younger ones were tending to lose theirs.  White and Lyons did well in centre of midfield but without Jack Vale we didn't offer much of a threat up front.  I was disappointed with Chapman who flits in and out of games and at times looks totally disinterested.

I thought the lads did well to hold out for as long as they did with nine men.  It's going to take time for the new lads to integrate with the remains of last season's team, but that's the nature of youth football.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Two moments of madness cost us tonight.  Doyle made a hash of a pass that led to Platt making a poor challenge and was rightly shown the red card.   Then Doyle, already with a yellow, throws the ball away and is rightly booked again and shown a red.  I would imagine Billy will read the riot act to these two - and rightly so.

I thought Sam Hart was outstanding tonight and showed an old head when the younger ones were tending to lose theirs.  White and Lyons did well in centre of midfield but without Jack Vale we didn't offer much of a threat up front.  I was disappointed with Chapman who flits in and out of games and at times looks totally disinterested.

I thought the lads did well to hold out for as long as they did with nine men.  It's going to take time for the new lads to integrate with the remains of last season's team, but that's the nature of youth football.

Yes, two fantastic tackles, and a great block. And the speed he ran was incredible when tracking back. 

Rover Chat have him 5 out of 10; they must be blind!

He and White were brilliant!