BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

I thought Stanley played well, particularly in the first half.

Graham ran his socks off. Samuel is too ponderous in possession in the opposition box and his leisurely approach let's him down at times.

Lyons looked good and the keeper Hilton was excellent. Really enjoyable game. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really good to hear that Graham is putting in the application in. Gallagher has quite simply not taken his chance of 6 consecutive starts and should be dropped for him on Saturday.

How were the likes of Chapman, Nyambe and Rankin Costello?

Chapman showed his strengths and weaknesses in equal measure for me. Great pace, passes players easily but his final ball is sometimes lacking. Nyambe was at centre half and I'm as was Rankin-Costello who primarily played wife right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Chapman showed his strengths and weaknesses in equal measure for me. Great pace, passes players easily but his final ball is sometimes lacking. Nyambe was at centre half and I'm as was Rankin-Costello who primarily played wife right.

Whose wife and will it affect team morale

• Like 4

Watch the 23's very often at the County Ground, and last night was one of the poorer displays from that team for some time, which is mainly down to the senior players who made the step down.

I thought Graham struggled really, but mainly because that chemistry and link up play wasn't there. Much like the first team there was a lot of playing around the back, and perhaps a lack of a final ball.

Nyambe at centre-back was immense, won everything in the air, and as noted by another earlier on, Mols was good in midfield.

Joe Hilton MOTM for me.

On 12/09/2019 at 01:17, Sparks Rover said:

I’ve been watching this lad and Grayson (same school/District/county teams) since they were 13.  Mols always was a cut above Grayson, it’s interesting to see how Grayson has been shoe horned in and this lad hasn’t had a sniff...

We don't like to buy defenders but we love to collect mids and strikers. So kids in the former area have more chance of breaking through when our defenders inevitably break, than kids from the latter. Players like Mols sadly have far too many players to compete with for a sniff.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Yet again Harry Chapman has been bloody dismal tonight. So selfish in possession, and wasted numerous attacks.

Clear why he doesn’t get into our side.

Looks like Tony’s pep talk has backfired 

(only playing devils advocate after folk claimed his goals last week as a victory for monwbrays approach with him)

Disappointing performance tonight at Goodison Park by the Under-23's despite the scoreline looking respectable - Everton won their last game 8-2!  

Everton, who were excellent last season, looked a cut above our lads for long periods of the game in terms of getting the basics right.  They play a fast, flowing style which is attractive to watch.  Too many of our lads had a real off night.  Sam Barnes was badly at fault for the first, getting the wrong side of the player he was marking at a free kick.  The second was a well taken chance by Ellis Simms - who scored four in one game against us last season!

Joe Rankin-Costello scored with a quick turn and shot which seemed to surprise the Everton 'keeper but apart from that there was little to cheer in front of goal.  Jack Vale used his pace well to trouble the home defence at times but nothing came of it.  Chapman, in the Dack role, was poor throughout and looks a shadow of the player who excited us when he first arrived on loan.  He had a couple of decent chances but failed to make anything of them and struggled to make any impression on the game.   Brad Lyons was the pick of the team for me before he succumbed to injury.  Davenport looked very rusty after his long lay-off.  Worrying that Grayson and Doyle seem to be going backwards - as so often happens with players who play too long at this level.  Sadly, seen so many players who look promising but then can't make the breakthrough and then fade and disappear.  I thought we missed Louie Annesley at the back - at the moment he's looked a very decent defender.

Still early days but it's looking like it might be a tough season in terms of results as younger players try to make their mark.

• Like 4