BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

5 hours ago, Swanson said:

Seems like Butterworth is out for the rest of the season with an injury.

Shit. Isn't that his second big injury? Hard to see how he will make it here now if so. Will be 21 by early into next season (September), and we know how difficult it can be to persuade TM to give young players a chance. He will have to get fit again, prove himself in form in the u23s, all while Tony has probably recruited another five mids and attackers...

• 3 weeks later...

Feel a bit short changed tonight. Only one team in it second half and got stronger and stronger. Created enough chances but couldn’t finish.

Caught on the break by an inferior team.

Lose a game we should have won.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No Davenport. Injured again? We don't play until Saturday so no other reason not to give him game time.

Mowbray has said that Davenport and Samuel are with the 1st team squad until our injuries clear up 

I suspect both players will leave in January possible on loan

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Feel a bit short changed tonight. Only one team in it second half and got stronger and stronger. Created enough chances but couldn’t finish.

Who stood out Stuart? 

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How is Sam Barnes progressing Stuart?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has said that Davenport and Samuel are with the 1st team squad until our injuries clear up 

I suspect both players will leave in January possible on loan

Who stood out Stuart? 

Smallwood. For the wrong reasons.

Mols - such a shame that Mowbray went after Chapman instead of investing more in Stefan.

Thompson looked good.

Very raw but I was impressed with the young left winger. I thought it was number 16 on his shirt (which would make it Dan Pike) but he doesn’t seem to have come on according to the Rovers site. I thought we did make all three subs though. Whoever it was they weren’t afraid to run at defenders and got past them regularly. His on the left and Mols of the right in a few years...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Smallwood. For the wrong reasons.

Mols - such a shame that Mowbray went after Chapman instead of investing more in Stefan.

Thompson looked good.

Very raw but I was impressed with the young left winger. I thought it was number 16 on his shirt (which would make it Dan Pike) but he doesn’t seem to have come on according to the Rovers site. I thought we did make all three subs though. Whoever it was they weren’t afraid to run at defenders and got past them regularly. His on the left and Mols of the right in a few years...

Thanks Stuart. 

Did Mols play the 10 role or right wing? 

Enjoyable game tonight. Sam Barnes is doing well, in answer to the above post. Tall, athletic and decent pace, he is a modern ball playing centre half. 

Luke Brennan is one of the younger lads and made another good cameo late on. He is a winger in the old fashioned sense. Likes to get to the byline and cross from there. Reminds me of Chris Waddle and one to watch I think.

Lyons was nice and tidy and both fullbacks worked hard; Sam Hart too.

Interesting to see Ritchie play the full game. I spotted Dunny watching and could definitely see a move to Blackpool on the cards for Smallwood. Presumably he played for the shop window. 

Nice to see Derek Fazackerley too. He is,at Oxford I believe so possibly checking a Brighton player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Enjoyable game tonight. Sam Barnes is doing well, in answer to the above post. Tall, athletic and decent pace, he is a modern ball playing centre half. 

Luke Brennan is one of the younger lads and made another good cameo late on. He is a winger in the old fashioned sense. Likes to get to the byline and cross from there. Reminds me of Chris Waddle and one to watch I think.

Interesting to see Ritchie play the full game. I spotted Dunny watching and could definitely see a move to Blackpool on the cards for Smallwood. Presumably he played for the shop window. 

Nice to see Derek Fazackerley too. He is,at Oxford I believe so possibly checking a Brighton player.

I watched Brennan in the U18s v Liverpool a couple of days ago and he did look good.

• Like 1

Didn't go to the 23's for the first time in a long time, 3 away games in 6 days recently has tired me out. By the sounds of it, it was a very 1st team typical performance from the young lads - glad I didn't drag myself up the M6.

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m going to defer to someone like @Parsonblue. I’ve not been following him closely enough.

Barnes is a Tosin Adarbayio type.  He benefitted recently from a spell at Marine FC playing against a more rough and tumble set of strikers than he is used to. He is still only 18 and I can see him having a decent career. He is a bright, hard working, lovely lad with a good local supportive network around him. He is very much the modern silky type of defender who was a skilful attacking goal scoring school footballer a few years ago.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lots of chances but couldn't finish...caught on the break...

Lost 2-1, our goal was a penalty, the opposition team ended the game with 10 men yet we still lost...

Sounds creepily like the Birmingham cup game we just played.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Barnes is a Tosin Adarbayio type.  He benefitted recently from a spell at Marine FC playing against a more rough and tumble set of strikers than he is used to. He is still only 18 and I can see him having a decent career. He is a bright, hard working, lovely lad with a good local supportive network around him. He is very much the modern silky type of defender who was a skilful attacking goal scoring school footballer a few years ago.

We seem to be a centre half factory, I make that Wharton, Platt, Magloire, Grayson,  now this lad.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We seem to be a centre half factory, I make that Wharton, Platt, Magloire, Grayson,  now this lad.

Amazing how many we have heard about over the last few years, and yet the only one who made it despite our dire defensive difficulties was a converted DM.

And then there was O'Connell of course...

• Like 1