BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Vale is probably a year or 2 away from knocking on the 1st team door. 

A few people rated Mols highly on the Messageboard

I've only seen 5 or 6 U23 games. But remember Mols brilliant overhead kick, and heard he played awesome today.

And remember the superb link up between Butterworth and Vale for a fantastic Vale goal that day. 

I think we are well stocked in attack, but great if we could sign a centre back. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I've only seen 5 or 6 U23 games. But remember Mols brilliant overhead kick, and heard he played awesome today.

And remember the superb link up between Butterworth and Vale for a fantastic Vale goal that day. 

I think we are well stocked in attack, but great if we could sign a centre back. 

I wasn't there today so I cant comment on the performance today. I enjoyed watching the second goal and the quick counter attack. Good to see that. (the clip I posted of the goal from Rovers twitter)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

He's bound to be close Amigo. Sounded like he played well again, and scored a decent goal in the previous match. 

Having played in the tough Irish league should stand him in good stead.

He's physically ready having played senior football in Ireland and Scotland last year. Hard to say if he's Championship standard though. Seems like a decent allround footballer who has a goal in him. He turns 23 in May though, so needs first team football soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

What about Brad Lyons? Is he ready for the first team squad?

I think that he's been very consistent since he first arrived.  Another good game today until he went off with what looked like a neck injury.  A big, strong, powerful lad who can run at the opposition, pop up in the area to score goals and a strong tackler.  I think the club have a big decision to make this summer about his future - He either becomes part of the first team squad or he is released.  I would happily give him a contract but I suspect he may be one we allow to leave - hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4

A nice article on Jack Vale, who I rate highly and have mentioned on several occasions. Modern striker with a good brain who can do most things well. Links up well, can run the channels and is a decent finisher. Ran tings around Man City's 30 mill defender Mangala last season. 

Biggest question mark is how much time he needs to adapt from U23 to senior football as it is a big gap. Might be ready for a cameo or two this season, but would probably benefit from a loan at senior level. Still only 18, so will become powerful and effective with the years. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-starlet-showing-signs-17631984

• Like 3

Under 23's (well the 18's Buckley and Davenport) are currently 2-2 with Preston. Was 1-0 Rovers, then 2-1 Preston before Buckley got us and scored us a penalty. Half an hour left. Rovers won this competition last year vs Burnley at the County Ground in Leyland.

Winner winner we're in the final again. A win on penalties with all 5 Rovers takers scoring confidently. Jacob Davenport took the winning spot kick, Jayden Stockley, first teamer at Preston, missed the only one of the shoot-out and Rovers have squeezed through.

This was Preston Reserves vs Blackburn Under 18's for the most part, so to win this is a massive testament to the quality we have at youth level. Rich Sharpe commented that the two young centre-back's dealt with Stockley better than our main pairing at first team level did at Deepdale this season.

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Winner winner we're in the final again. A win on penalties with all 5 Rovers takers scoring confidently. Jacob Davenport took the winning spot kick, Jayden Stockley, first teamer at Preston, missed the only one of the shoot-out and Rovers have squeezed through.

This was Preston Reserves vs Blackburn Under 18's for the most part, so to win this is a massive testament to the quality we have at youth level. Rich Sharpe commented that the two young centre-back's dealt with Stockley better than our main pairing at first team level did at Deepdale this season.

Thanks for the updates mate, much appreciated. And well done to the young Rovers

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sharpe tweeted than Davenport was the best player on the field-good to hear! 

Perhaps spurred on after his first team appearance. You often hear how he and Chapman have not looked great shakes in the u23s this year but they were both seemingly bought for the first team - so it could be quite easy to become disillusioned to find yourself in the reserves. Stagnation and a loss of hunger can quite easily happen I imagine. Admittedly, Davenport was very unlucky injury wise (as was Chapman in L1) but I do hope some first team appearances can bring them on again now. Davenport was very highly rated at City and did well by all accounts in half a season in this league at Burton. Chapman, we all know the impact he had in L1 and on the fans - so it must be a bit of a downer to come in and wait so long. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Perhaps spurred on after his first team appearance. You often hear how he and Chapman have not looked great shakes in the u23s this year but they were both seemingly bought for the first team - so it could be quite easy to become disillusioned to find yourself in the reserves. Stagnation and a loss of hunger can quite easily happen I imagine. Admittedly, Davenport was very unlucky injury wise (as was Chapman in L1) but I do hope some first team appearances can bring them on again now. Davenport was very highly rated at City and did well by all accounts in half a season in this league at Burton. Chapman, we all know the impact he had in L1 and on the fans - so it must be a bit of a downer to come in and wait so long. 

Ya, indeed, if they needed a confidence boost and a carrot dangling to get them motivated, well being called into the first team squad should do it. 

• Like 2

A very good performance on a shocking afternoon in terms of weather.  The facilities for spectators at North End's training ground very poor - non-existent.  I thought our two young centre-backs - Barnes and Carter - dealt with Stockley and Potts extremely well.  Davenport looks a very good lad in midfield, very much like Evans, does the work that doesn't catch the eye but is so vital for any decent team.

Buckley had his moments going forward despite Preston giving him a bit of rough treatment.  Both full-backs - Pike and Thompson had decent games getting forward and causing problems for North End.  All in all a very good performance in appalling conditions.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

A very good performance on a shocking afternoon in terms of weather.  The facilities for spectators at North End's training ground very poor - non-existent.  I thought our two young centre-backs - Barnes and Carter - dealt with Stockley and Potts extremely well.  Davenport looks a very good lad in midfield, very much like Evans, does the work that doesn't catch the eye but is so vital for any decent team.

Buckley had his moments going forward despite Preston giving him a bit of rough treatment.  Both full-backs - Pike and Thompson had decent games getting forward and causing problems for North End.  All in all a very good performance in appalling conditions.

Pike and Thompson sound like the new gems for first team? What’s your thoughts Parson? If you could name a likely three to join the first team who would they be? Thanks ?

Edited by Scotland1

5 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Pike and Thompson sound like the new gems for first team? What’s your thoughts Parson? If you could name a likely three to join the first team who would they be? Thanks ?

Pike still a young lad, Under 18’s until recent months. Thompson very good however, capped for his country at youth level and scored a fair amount of goals from left back. Tidy player

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Cheers Joe who would be your three out of interest?

Personally, JRC, Thompson & Vale. 

Butterworth and Grayson both have long term injuries right now so tough to judge, and Rovers continued position to not include youth prospects in the first team for Years until they’re 20+ (for the most part) could hinder most of their chances.