BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

On 28/01/2020 at 23:44, JoeH said:

Personally, JRC, Thompson & Vale. 

Butterworth and Grayson both have long term injuries right now so tough to judge, and Rovers continued position to not include youth prospects in the first team for Years until they’re 20+ (for the most part) could hinder most of their chances.

This has made me wonder, when was the last time someone 18 or younger got a league debut for us? Or a start?

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was just going off Wiki. Made his league debut in March 2010 against Chelsea (Drogba in his pocket), Wiki has his DOB as February 1992.

Harry Berry says his debut was on 22 Sept 2009. I think he's right, according to wiki he made his debut in a League Cup game against Notts Forest.. The Chelsea game was his Premier League debut.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Who the hell keeps moving these U23 games to weekday lunchtimes? FFS.

Is it a cost saving gig or what?

I heard it's because Lancashire FA have got so many games on their pitch now and with it being winter etc they're worried about pitch.

Rovers hosting at Brockhall more often in winter periods to help that but they don't want to host evening games at the training facilities.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I heard it's because Lancashire FA have got so many games on their pitch now and with it being winter etc they're worried about pitch.

Rovers hosting at Brockhall more often in winter periods to help that but they don't want to host evening games at the training facilities.

Yeah, got to keep that pitch fit for the Dog and Duck games rather than the professionals.

Too much trouble to open up Ewood in an evening.

• Backroom

A youth loan seems odd, not sure how it would benefit us unless it’s a sort of trial, if the idea is just to go back to City all that would do is hamper our own 

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

A youth loan seems odd, not sure how it would benefit us unless it’s a sort of trial, if the idea is just to go back to City all that would do is hamper our own 

Mainly assume it's because the 23's in general are a little short this year. In 90% of their fixtures the bench is made up of only 4 out of 5 subs available, and they're all Under 18's. We are in need of a few more bodies really. Like @Bigdoggsteel says, probably a loan to buy for a compensation fee.

Lewis Thompson playing well again, mentioned him, along with a few others some time ago - and I know that others on here who attend the 23's games have been impressed with him. He's got to be the next one given a go for me, especially with Amari'i Bell the man above him.

Joe Hilton saved another penalty, and Derrick Williams & Ben Brereton both on the scoresheet so far. 2-0 to Rovers against third in the table Derby. A big three points which takes us ten points into the safety zone.

As for Harry Chapman, can bee seen here in the background watching with some other players...

Clearly got some personal issues/issues with TM as Rich Sharpe says there's no injury issues there.