BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Jared Harlock is one to keep an eye on - changed the game since he's come on in midfield. 

Think our two FBs - Pike and Thompson - show promise too. Mols is a different player when playing centrally too - he was anonymous out wide. 

Good to hear. I have long rated Thompson and heard Pike had been doing well of late.

Mols definitely has talent; remember that overhead kick he as scored from.

Good for Harlock, I didn't know anything about him. 

Cheers for the info sir!

Edited by Vilesinner

Well that was good fun. 

The City number 4 was the class act on the Park but other than that Rovers easily as good as City in every department. 

Eastwood well organised. Thought the two central defenders were excellent and liked the performance of our number 2. Number 4 a bit agricultural but effective and our 7 is quick. Agreed our first sub made a big difference.

Their keeper rightly sent off for an awful challenge in the 96th minute.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Jared Harlock is one to keep an eye on - changed the game since he's come on in midfield. 

Think our two FBs - Pike and Thompson - show promise too. Mols is a different player when playing centrally too - he was anonymous out wide. 

Thompson is a funny one. Only given a one year deal this summer, so I don't know what we plan to do with him unless we have one of those club option extensions.

We are about to sign a LB, and Bell will clearly stay second choice just because he has the senior experience and they still haven't given Thompson a go there even though we were horrendous and short on numbers there last year, and even though he was one of the best u23 performers supposedly.

With Bell being out of contract at the end of the season, this would be a perfect year to send Lewis out on loan for senior experience and start to see if he could be the backup LB next year. But there isn't any point doing that if he is out of contract. We do like those club-sided extension options though so maybe it will go down that way and negotiate a new deal next summer. But starting to look like one of our best u23s isn't going to get a chance in our weakest position.

I thought him only getting a loan at Fylde in Feb was weird too, seems like one of the better players at one of the best u23 sides in the country should be attracting a better loan than that at his age. Still a shame that he didn't get to play though due to circumstances beyond his control.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Thompson is a funny one. Only given a one year deal this summer, so I don't know what we plan to do with him unless we have one of those club option extensions.

We are about to sign a LB, and Bell will clearly stay second choice just because he has the senior experience and they still haven't given Thompson a go there even though we were horrendous and short on numbers there last year, and even though he was one of the best u23 performers supposedly.

With Bell being out of contract at the end of the season, this would be a perfect year to send Lewis out on loan for senior experience and start to see if he could be the backup LB next year. But there isn't any point doing that if he is out of contract. We do like those club-sided extension options though so maybe it will go down that way and negotiate a new deal next summer. But starting to look like one of our best u23s isn't going to get a chance in our weakest position.

I thought him only getting a loan at Fylde in Feb was weird too, seems like one of the better players at one of the best u23 sides in the country should be attracting a better loan than that at his age. Still a shame that he didn't get to play though due to circumstances beyond his control.

Yes, he has played well in every game I have seen, and the one I haven't.

Was decent opposition tonight so hopefully Tony takes note.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Surely in these unprecedented times Rovers could show U23 games for free on the website.

Minimal cost but of value to fans.

It’s all one way.

Or at the very least for season ticket holders to soften the blow of the bullshit hike and give some incentive. Or ifollow subscribers, something like that.

Obviously entirely free would be best, and increase goodwill at this time.

• Like 2

Sorry if it's been covered in previous pages but I noticed last night Wright-Phillips was on the bench for City. I thought we loaned him last year with a view to signing him, anybody know what happened? I would assume loaning youth players to play youth football is rather unheard of.

5 minutes ago, cesus said:

Sorry if it's been covered in previous pages but I noticed last night Wright-Phillips was on the bench for City. I thought we loaned him last year with a view to signing him, anybody know what happened? I would assume loaning youth players to play youth football is rather unheard of.

Was Dolan not signed instead of Wright-Phillips

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Or at the very least for season ticket holders to soften the blow of the bullshit hike and give some incentive. Or ifollow subscribers, something like that.

Obviously entirely free would be best, and increase goodwill at this time.

I think that nails it for me Bruce. The lack of goodwill.

Catchy insincere hashtags like during a pandemic when there is no certainty for anyone, not health-wise, not financial, not emotional.

Goodwill, especially towards people who have stuck by the club through the last shambolic 10 years, should have been shown. 8,000 people stayed while 15,000+ walked away. Yet rather than try to get even half of those people back (remember Oxford - they are out there) this guy squeezed the 8,000. Shrinking their wallets and their numbers while taking - for the current state and income of our club (by his own plea) - an obscene and unreasonable salary.

#WeAreNotTogether

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Anybody know what the deal is with Butterworth? He's been out injured for a ridiculous amount of time now. What was the injury? Any sign of him on the way back at all?

Dack posted a video on Instagram during the week of him and Butterworth on the bikes in the gym, they might be at a similar stage in their recovery maybe. It does feel like he’s been out forever though yep. 

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 11:33, ben_the_beast said:

Anybody know what the deal is with Butterworth? He's been out injured for a ridiculous amount of time now. What was the injury? Any sign of him on the way back at all?

I heard it was a back injury. To be out for the best part of twelve months with a back injury suggests disc trouble. Speaking as a fellow sufferer it's not just what you need as a footballer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Commondore said:

Mols apparently with the assist for our last goal, any chance he'll be considered for some first team action this season? Even with another one in on loan we will be going through lots of central midfielders. 

Shame for Mols, he’s ended up being caught behind. He’s the U23’s captain in Butterworths absence so the Rovers set up seem hesitant to take him away from that team either with a loan or a promotion to first team action.