BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don’t think he’s ready from what I’ve read. I can imagine after the int. break we’ll see some bench appearances

Its difficult giving a defender minutes off the bench though which may be a problem. I  would guess that he will get an hour or a full game (or a couple) between now and that first game after the break, either for the reserves or in a friendly or two.

Assuming Gallagher is fit enough for the bench on Saturday, and obviously with a gap, a friendly or two in that 2 weeks might help to get a few up to speed.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its difficult giving a defender minutes off the bench though which may be a problem. I  would guess that he will get an hour or a full game (or a couple) between now and that first game after the break, either for the reserves or in a friendly or two.

Assuming Gallagher is fit enough for the bench on Saturday, and obviously with a gap, a friendly or two in that 2 weeks might help to get a few up to speed.

I’m just going off what’s been said, about his fitness and his own words. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

We seem to have a decent connection with City, wonder if they will let us loan Sterling? 

On another note, not sure this looks good for the career of Fisher.

This lad is coming in to be the Under 18’s Sun goalkeeper, I hardly think it’ll affect Fisher really

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I’m just going off what’s been said, about his fitness and his own words. 

True, I just think it easier to give attacking players cameos, rarely do you see a centre back coming on for 20 minutes unless its in addition to the defenders already to hold onto a league.

The 2 week gap might come at a good time in terms of arranging a friendly or two to get minutes into Ayala, Gallagher, and maybe a few on the fringes like Davenport, Buckley, Chapman etc.

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

This lad is coming in to be the Under 18’s Sun goalkeeper, I hardly think it’ll affect Fisher really

We'd have probably said Dolan wouldn't affect Gallagher et al but here we are a few months later and he's basically our very own Lionel Messi...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Eastwood seems to have the u-23s berth (and looks the better prospect) so I guess Fisher will be going out on loan again as soon as we have an experienced back up for Thomas. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Sub keeper? Doubtful. I would imagine Eastham will be pushed up to 23s. 

He’s to “push Aidan Downing” in the Under 18’s. He’s 16 years old, he’s not going to be part of the 23’s.

Fisher - 1st Team Sub Keeper
Hilton/Eastham - U23’s Keeper
Dowling/New Lad - U18’s Keeper

28 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He’s to “push Aidan Downing” in the Under 18’s. He’s 16 years old, he’s not going to be part of the 23’s.

Fisher - 1st Team Sub Keeper
Hilton/Eastham - U23’s Keeper
Dowling/New Lad - U18’s Keeper

yeah, so, as i said, hardly good news for Fisher. 

Highly rated, Munich were after him, he wont be a sub keeper. He will go ahead of Dowling. All pushed upwards, so Fisher is under real pressure now.

15 minutes ago, philipl said:

Rovers started well. Leicester came back. Chances few and far between but if we can make our pace count we should score here.

Quite entertaining game so far, know its only u23's and he is not fully match fit but Ayala looks composed on the ball and distribution looks good.

Edited by perthblue02

Dont tend to watch the under 23s but stuck the first half on once it became clear that Fulham Villa was over and having seen the team. Rovers primary attacking threat was Chapman, when he came in loan he was a bag of energy and pace, he definitely has lost a bit of pace but there is some substance to him and quality. Burns and Mols wouldnt really scare you as a defender. Buckley not as influential as youd want IMO.

Hard to judge Ayala in a game like this because his worth comes in proper games facing proper men, but hes very vocal and looks like a senior pro playing with kids who just knows where to be and invariably is in the right place.