BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Absolutely dominated them for the first and last 30 mins. 

McBride looks fantastic, impressed with Thompson and Pike, Pike maybe just first half. Annesley rarely troubled and has some great attributes. No one was close to Ayala all game so that was perfect.

Davenport done okay but think he needs a loan out.

• Like 1

Won 4-0. Ayala had 60 minutes. As the second half wore on the game became more stretched and Leicester, who had matched the Rovers so far, became second best. Lewis Thompson scored Rovers first from a corner. Connor McBride got two good goals. He looks very promising. Substitute Brennan got the fourth.

Nice to see Joe Grayson fit again. Buckley ran the show. Chapman looked good. The rest were fine. An Annesley mistake nearly cost us. Fisher didn't have a lot to do.

I watched it from 50 minutes on the Leicester site. Enjoyable.

Well that was good fun.

Rovers under 23s much the better overall.

After the analysis of Ayala not being able to pass for toffee I was watching him closely. Every Ayala pass short or mid length found its man. Only once in his hour on the pitch was he remotely tested defensively and he dealt with it perfectly.

Fisher looked much better today apart from a late bit of adventure when he was upfield and the ball played behind him.

I thought Mols looked good and Pike and Thompson the two full backs were 90% sound.

Davenport tidy and effective throughout but never imposed or really stood out.

As the game went on, the class of Buckley and Chapman really began to tell and Leicester had no answer for them. Their raking passes and running were far better than anything Leicester had on the pitch. Buckley again showing that lovely ability to swivel effortlessly into space in what was a pretty hectic game- no shirking from the Foxes.

We know Brennan is class but the lad we have taken from Celtic- Connor McBride looks to be rather special. Combined with his first against City, he has now scored 3 in his last 30 minutes on the pitch!

4-0 against the Premier League leaders second string can't be bad.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

I think it was @Sparks Rover who’s a big Stefan Mols fan, but I was left somewhat uninspired by him again tonight. Pretty one dimensional and probably the least threatening of our forward players.

John Buckley absolutely ran the show and he looked an entire class above throughout.

Oppositionally, the Leicester RB, number 2, was pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I think it was @Sparks Rover who’s a big Stefan Mols fan, but I was left somewhat uninspired by him again tonight. Pretty one dimensional and probably the least threatening of our forward players.

Sounds like he was out of position.   midfield for me

Edited by Sparks Rover

Unfortunately didn’t get to see any of this and due to COVID I’m completely out of tune with the u23s.

i was just wondering what people’s opinions of annesley where. I’ve seen him play maybe four times down at brockhall/leyland and he always seemed to me at least to be the weaker of the CB , had a mistake in him , looked uncertain and even nervy at times and albeit just a few games didn’t see anything that would suggest he would get anywhere near the first team squad. Just curious as to other people’s opinions who have seen a lot more of him than myself 

14 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Unfortunately didn’t get to see any of this and due to COVID I’m completely out of tune with the u23s.

i was just wondering what people’s opinions of annesley where. I’ve seen him play maybe four times down at brockhall/leyland and he always seemed to me at least to be the weaker of the CB , had a mistake in him , looked uncertain and even nervy at times and albeit just a few games didn’t see anything that would suggest he would get anywhere near the first team squad. Just curious as to other people’s opinions who have seen a lot more of him than myself 

First things first, he is a unit and half, absolute man child. Thought he was pretty good overall without much pressure  on him, made a mistake but was okay. Definitely don’t think he is anywhere ready for first team. Needs a few years at this level for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

One mistake which lead to a chance but it’s youth football and that’s to be expected.

I actually thought he looked extremely composed. I was a big fan. He and Ayala did well together.

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Did that young lad we sold to Leicester a year or two back get a game for them ?

Yes, pretty mobile but not dangerously quick. Competent all round game but nothing outstanding.

No way would he be automatically ahead of the current Rovers u-23 players let alone be in the first team squad.

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Looks too nice to be a footballer!

I know that sounds daft but having seen him against both Man City and Leicester, he makes me feel nervous every time he receives the ball because of how he looks.

But in reality he wasn't over shadowed by Ayala and if anything Leicester were coming at him to avoid Ayala. Not ready to step up yet but might already be better than Carter because he is more mobile- he didn't lose any foot races I can remember of in either game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where does he play ?

Wore number 8

Forward midfield mostly on the left side

Leicester have a very young Portuguese defensive midfielder, a centre half beast who looked good until Chapman, MCconnell and Brennan took the piss. And a quick right back. Other than that nothing of note. Thought the same of Man City's u-23s with the exception of their number 4- Mbete- who is a defensive midfield version of Tosin with a few tricks 

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

Just a thought.

If we found ourselves with Arma, Gally and Brereton all unavailable at the same time (not a situation I am advocating!), that 18 year old kid we got from Celtic, Connor McBride, looks a unit, full of confidence, quick, knows how to work an opening and smack it into the net.  His link up work, timing of runs to avoid offside and assist for Brennan's goal were all top class as well. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, philipl said:

Just a thought.

If we found ourselves with Arma, Gally and Brereton all unavailable at the same time (not a situation I am advocating!), that 18 year old kid we got from Celtic, Connor McBride, looks a unit, full of confidence, quick, knows how to work an opening and smack it into the net.  His link up work, timing of runs to avoid offside and assist for Brennan's goal were all top class as well. 

I thought he looked excellent. Cracking finishes. He looks more of a classic number 9 than Vale or Butterworth. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1