BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

As part of one of my little roles working for EA Sports, I'm on a fact finding mission, so I thought I'd head to this section of the board to see if anyone has any answers for me.

I'm looking for some details on Adam Wharton, Joseph Ferguson, Brandon Lonsdale, Georgie Gent, Aidan Dowling, Ben Pleavin, Charlie Weston and Brandon Lonsdale and a few more of the younger lot. If anyone knows any of the aforementioned players well, or is a family friend/relation, I'm seeking info for things like Height, Weight, Playing Position, DoB, Nationality for the FIFA internal database.

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.

5 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Young men do make mistakes - nobody should be written off in their early 20's.

If you're looking for reasons why the senior teams always seem to fail when the chips are down I would suggest that our collective mentality isn't where it should be. If you can't get your priorities right as a young sportsman you're never going reach your true potential. It's not just the football teams either.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As part of one of my little roles working for EA Sports, I'm on a fact finding mission, so I thought I'd head to this section of the board to see if anyone has any answers for me.

I'm looking for some details on Adam Wharton, Joseph Ferguson, Brandon Lonsdale, Georgie Gent, Aidan Dowling, Ben Pleavin, Charlie Weston and Brandon Lonsdale and a few more of the younger lot. If anyone knows any of the aforementioned players well, or is a family friend/relation, I'm seeking info for things like Height, Weight, Playing Position, DoB, Nationality for the FIFA internal database.

You might have some luck pinging this account 

1 minute ago, briansol said:

You might have some luck pinging this account 

Unfortunately the information I have online is about as good as anyone will get with the research tools I have available, and the graphics the RoversChat team have been posting on this account don't have the info that I'm after (see Joe Ferguson's picture above). 

I'm looking for people who know the players or who watch the Under 18's or have an insider at the club

Thanks for the suggestion!

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you're looking for reasons why the senior teams always seem to fail when the chips are down I would suggest that our collective mentality isn't where it should be. If you can't get your priorities right as a young sportsman you're never going reach your true potential. It's not just the football teams either.

Winning the Cricket World Cup, second in the medals table at the last Olympics, multiple wins in the Tour de France, domination of the heavyweight division etc etc,  - I think you are selling UK sportsmen and women a bit short ; I can't think of another time when we have been so successful.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm really talking about team sports. We still didn't win the Ashes back, that's the one that matters, tip and run cricket suits our mentality. Look at the Rugby Union World Cup final, the Springboks walked all over us. Same in Rugby League, we've not beat the Aussies in the Ashes for 40 years !

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but for me in the last three years winning the Cricket World Cup, getting to the final of the Rugby World Cup and the semi-finals of the football World Cup is pretty damn good - we're not going to win everything.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm really talking about team sports. We still didn't win the Ashes back, that's the one that matters, tip and run cricket suits our mentality. Look at the Rugby Union World Cup final, the Springboks walked all over us. Same in Rugby League, we've not beat the Aussies in the Ashes for 40 years !

Despite an individual winning It, the Tour de France is absolutely a team sport. It can’t be won by an individual.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I know Brandon's dad. I'll ping him on FB.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Brandon Lonsdale is 5 ft 10, approx 11 stone, plays as an attacker (his dad described it as 7, 9, 10, 11 but mostly 9), dob 03/09/2002, nationality English. He also has Dutch nationality too though, dunno if FIFA does dual nationality like FM.

Hopefully his brother Nathan, who is in the younger age group, keeps coming through at Rovers too. Their dad is a huge Rovers fan, used to travel from Holland for pretty much every game when he was working out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Brandon Lonsdale is 5 ft 10, approx 11 stone, plays as an attacker (his dad described it as 7, 9, 10, 11 but mostly 9), dob 03/09/2002, nationality English. He also has Dutch nationality too though, dunno if FIFA does dual nationality like FM.

Hopefully his brother Nathan, who is in the younger age group, keeps coming through at Rovers too. Their dad is a huge Rovers fan, used to travel from Holland for pretty much every game when he was working out there.

Thank you so much, just what I was after. Once again the forum connections come through. Hopefully one day Brandon makes the first team and he’s in the game!

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

He used to post on here occasionally too. 

Yep, he preferred the footymad site though, that's where I got to know him. We met for drinks a few times before and after games. I remember Brandon as a little shit, probably about 6 years old or so haha

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, he preferred the footymad site though, that's where I got to know him. We met for drinks a few times before and after games. I remember Brandon as a little shit, probably about 6 years old or so haha

I travelled to a few away games with them and still occasionally see him around Darwen. I did see him prior to one of the Youth Cup matches at Ewood last season and we had a good natter. His youngest son. Nathan was also signed by Rovers so hopefully we could have Rovers supporting brothers in the first team before too long ??.

On 09/10/2020 at 11:58, JoeH said:

It should be stamped out between the ages of 16 to 20. Youth development is about developing young men with the class and respect that we saw from Dominic Calvert-Lewin, and those who can't act responsibly and represent their county properly should be weeded out for me.

I’ve probably mentioned before about being stuck on a flight from the US in the middle of the Man Utd u-17s squad and staff.

An absolute shitshow of selfish, entitled, disrespectful, arrogant billy big bollockses making life hell for flight crew and passengers alike.

And that was just the staff.

Makes me all the more proud when we see our kids come through and they seem like good eggs that fit in well with the honest values and team spirit that we have.

• Like 5

Interesting comments from Eric KInder's interview that Souness and Hughes weren't interested in Youth Football. Lambert left it Rob Kelly who was really interested in youth teams. and Bowyer and Mowbray were very interested in the youth teams. 

Also talks about shipping out alot of youth players when he and Bowyer was at the club and talks about these Portuguese players who were never good enough, 

Praised the owners for the continue investment in academy 

• Like 2

On 09/10/2020 at 20:03, bluebruce said:

Brandon Lonsdale nominated for LFE goal of the month for September

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/october/lonsdale-goal-up-for-monthly-award/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's a Lonsdale belt-er. 

Yeh fierce strike. A few pearlers in there though, that first one will take some beating.

You can actually vote btw, in case anyone hasn't noticed the link to it in the article.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh fierce strike. A few pearlers in there though, that first one will take some beating.

You can actually vote btw, in case anyone hasn't noticed the link to it in the article.

https://www.lfe.org.uk/goal-of-the-month/september-2020/

Yeah, voted mate, the link's above for everybody on here who should also be voting ?

Can the twitterati get it trending on @BRFCS.com? @J*B @K-Hod @Herbie6590. I think rich sharpe and jacoub crooke have quite a few followers too if someone wants to send them the link.

cheers

• Like 1