BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

They had a man sent off so played the second half with 10 men. They gave up the midfield and defended the edge of the penalty area. It didn't look as if we had a great passer who could break them down. Best prospect looked to be centre back Garrett who is not 18 until next March but who stepped up in to midfield and a lot of the play went through him.

Was he the big lad? If so he reminds me of my younger brother at that age.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

They had a man sent off so played the second half with 10 men. They gave up the midfield and defended the edge of the penalty area. It didn't look as if we had a great passer who could break them down. Best prospect looked to be centre back Garrett who is not 18 until next March but who stepped up in to midfield and a lot of the play went through him.

Manchester United tracking Blackburn Rovers wonderkid Jake Garrett (thehardtackle.com)

Been spoken highly of for a while. Lots of injuries since that article apparently but now back to fitness. Signed his first pro contract this year. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody know where Durrant is from ? I had a mate who played pro Rugby League who's dad played for Bury back in the day. He'd be about the right age.

He's from the Wirral and is a Tranmere fan. He started out at Everton, then Liverpool and came to Rovers two years ago. All this gleaned from here - https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/development-squad/profiles/midfielder/sam-durrant/

I saw bits of the game today. He was busy and constantly involved but lacked a bit in decision making. he was getting into good positions on the edge of their box regularly but would then choose the wrong option. But in the end he took his chance well.

I managed to miss the sending off right at the end of the first half but it meant the second half was just Rovers trying to break down a wall of Brighton players. Eastham spent large parts of the half sweeping from the edge of the centre circle. It looked like it wasn't going to happen until first a penalty won and scored by McBride and then the 95th minute winner from Durrant. Lewis Thompson looked very assured at eft back again.

That was a strong win with basicly the U-18 side that went to the semi-final in the FA Youth. Even more impressive considering Brennan is away on loan, and there is not so much creativity in that lineup.

There is raft of good centre-back prospects in Barnes, Whitehall(plays midfield, but reckon centre-back is his best position) and Garrett. 

I'm sure Pike will have a career as a professional footballer. Maybe with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, briansol said:

That was a strong win with basicly the U-18 side that went to the semi-final in the FA Youth. Even more impressive considering Brennan is away on loan, and there is not so much creativity in that lineup.

There is raft of good centre-back prospects in Barnes, Whitehall(plays midfield, but reckon centre-back is his best position) and Garrett. 

On todays performance I was not impressed with Pike at all.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

On todays performance I was not impressed with Pike at all.

Pike's a good prospect, at this level it's difficult to judge players on a singular game. He didn't have his best game but up against a side with 10-men behind the ball it's not easy to find space

3 hours ago, briansol said:

Agreed. It was ponderous at times and very first-team 2019/20 esque, but I think in the end the better side won. 

They missed Brennan big time, and Harry Chapman didn't stand out at all did he :( Think McBride has much more presence than Burns too.

16 hours ago, only2garners said:

He's from the Wirral and is a Tranmere fan. He started out at Everton, then Liverpool and came to Rovers two years ago. All this gleaned from here - https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/development-squad/profiles/midfielder/sam-durrant/

I saw bits of the game today. He was busy and constantly involved but lacked a bit in decision making. he was getting into good positions on the edge of their box regularly but would then choose the wrong option. But in the end he took his chance well.

I managed to miss the sending off right at the end of the first half but it meant the second half was just Rovers trying to break down a wall of Brighton players. Eastham spent large parts of the half sweeping from the edge of the centre circle. It looked like it wasn't going to happen until first a penalty won and scored by McBride and then the 95th minute winner from Durrant. Lewis Thompson looked very assured at eft back again.

Cheers, no connection then.

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Pike's a good prospect, at this level it's difficult to judge players on a singular game. He didn't have his best game but up against a side with 10-men behind the ball it's not easy to find space

Pikes performance was worse in the first half, against 11. He looked lacking in any confidence, which was typified by raising his arm to indicate he wanted the ball, but not actually calling for it.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

When he was first raved about a couple of years back I'm sure it was as a left-back. Seems he's now seen as a CB. 

Yes I thought the same. Wonder what the reason or for the change is. Wasted as a left back? Not athletic enough? Two left backs in the same squad and you can’t leave either out the 11?