BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Enjoy seeing Rovers top of the pile in Premier League 2.

Better be quick because anything other than a Man U win intoday's Manchester derby sees us toppled..

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TIk3N7K0MDAyYPTiK8gxUkjJLMsszszPUzAEAIFGCKs&q=pl2+division+1&oq=pl2&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46j0l5.3699j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11hnxc2_hq;2;/g/11d_729802;st;fp;1;;

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Enjoy seeing Rovers top of the pile in Premier League 2.

Better be quick because anything other than a Man U win intoday's Manchester derby sees us toppled..

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TIk3N7K0MDAyYPTiK8gxUkjJLMsszszPUzAEAIFGCKs&q=pl2+division+1&oq=pl2&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46j0l5.3699j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11hnxc2_hq;2;/g/11d_729802;st;fp;1;;

Well Man U won. Still a couple of teams below who could overtake by winning their game in hand though. Tight league up at the top.

With us doing so well in a league full of Premiership resources and squad players dropping down from the Prem now and then, you have to wonder who is next on the conveyor belt and when they'll be broken in.

Our most urgent need of course is in defence, but that's always a tricky area for youngsters to be tested, and the u23s' best in that area haven't been able to stamp their mark indelibly when given the chance over the last year. 

I'd say the attacking and midfield areas are unlikely to see more than a bench cameo from the youngsters before the season is out unless injuries actually worsen, if even Dolan can't earn himself a start. Davenport struggling to make the first team despite a goal too.

On reflection, I think we might want to look at some loans for a choice few in Jan to continue their development. I think that should include one of the keepers if possible, we don't need that many at that level and its inevitable at least one will stall their progress otherwise.

On 13/12/2020 at 14:10, bluebruce said:

Well Man U won. Still a couple of teams below who could overtake by winning their game in hand though. Tight league up at the top.

With us doing so well in a league full of Premiership resources and squad players dropping down from the Prem now and then, you have to wonder who is next on the conveyor belt and when they'll be broken in.

Our most urgent need of course is in defence, but that's always a tricky area for youngsters to be tested, and the u23s' best in that area haven't been able to stamp their mark indelibly when given the chance over the last year. 

I'd say the attacking and midfield areas are unlikely to see more than a bench cameo from the youngsters before the season is out unless injuries actually worsen, if even Dolan can't earn himself a start. Davenport struggling to make the first team despite a goal too.

On reflection, I think we might want to look at some loans for a choice few in Jan to continue their development. I think that should include one of the keepers if possible, we don't need that many at that level and its inevitable at least one will stall their progress otherwise.

I'd let some of the kids have the FA Cup game vs Doncaster, at the very least as subs. A cup run would be good but staying in the playoff race should be priority so resting a few starters and letting some of the U23s prove their worth wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18954098.whos----butterworth-ready-burst-onto-scene/

Can't wait to see this lad fit and ready to go. In the one live game I saw him he looked a player. 

I pray to God he pushes Gallagher onto the bench if nothing else.

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18954098.whos----butterworth-ready-burst-onto-scene/

Can't wait to see this lad fit and ready to go. In the one live game I saw him he looked a player. 

Do you mean the dead rubber at the end of the season before last?  

He did ok, low centre of gravity etc.  How is he getting ahead of the favoured Bucko though....we can't afford to keep experimenting with giving youngsters who aren't good enough game time.  Tony needs to get ruthless

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you mean the dead rubber at the end of the season before last?  

He did ok, low centre of gravity etc.  How is he getting ahead of the favoured Bucko though....we can't afford to keep experimenting with giving youngsters who aren't good enough game time.  Tony needs to get ruthless

He'll have to wait his turn. Nobody puts Buckley in the corner. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack looks very rusty and off the pace as you expect. When he returns I do hope he isnt played where he is playing tonight as hes not the type to run a game.

You’re a better man than me if you can tell WHERE he is playing.

Didn't know that “big head” Gary Bowyer ended up at Derby reserves... thought he would want a top job now whatever the level.

Pretty certain that Chapman isn’t going to make it with us.

The difference in effort, bravery to want the ball, and the pure desire and workrate between him and Dolan is very noticeable when they’re on the same pitch.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

A lot of the play has been down our right where Dolan still strikes me as a one trick pony. No end product.

Chapman on the left.....not interested IMO.

Dack finished copying Tosin in running things from CB. Still he's getting a run out to up his match fitness.