BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Might be for the best for O'Riordan honestly. Him not playing means he can't be tainted with the stink that comes off of this squad at the moment, I would expect to see more of him next seasons, especially if we go down. 

A really entertaining match tonight at Ewood as the under 21's came back from two goals to draw and for long periods in the second half looked like we were going to win. Sheron played three centre backs with in Whitehall, Gamble and Batty but it was the wing backs who really excelled. Cirino and Duru were great examples of how to play that position and the forward runs they consistently made were a real strong point for us tonight. I have said for a few months now that Duru has been excellent for six months and in my view he should at the very least be in the first team match day squad. 

These games are free for season ticket holders and in the past I have just scanned my season card and gone in as I would for a first team match. Tonight everyone had to go to the ticket office, show your season card and get given a paper ticket. In light of the reasons for the farcical Digital Day and the EFL Environmental Award how does that make any sense. Another day in the crazy world of Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

A really entertaining match tonight at Ewood as the under 21's came back from two goals to draw and for long periods in the second half looked like we were going to win. Sheron played three centre backs with in Whitehall, Gamble and Batty but it was the wing backs who really excelled. Cirino and Duru were great examples of how to play that position and the forward runs they consistently made were a real strong point for us tonight. I have said for a few months now that Duru has been excellent for six months and in my view he should at the very least be in the first team match day squad. 

Was Eustace there watching the game? 

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

These games are free for season ticket holders and in the past I have just scanned my season card and gone in as I would for a first team match. Tonight everyone had to go to the ticket office, show your season card and get given a paper ticket. In light of the reasons for the farcical Digital Day and the EFL Environmental Award how does that make any sense. Another day in the crazy world of Blackburn Rovers.

100% agree

Nice to see Lenni Cirino get a chance after his long injury layoff and absence of 18 months - and 80 mins on his comeback is something.

Edit: Watching highlights, it looks like there were a lot of chances for both sides. Rovers defence didn’t look too convincing, albeit against a strong side.

Also, Harrison Wood up front looked very involved and took his goal well. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Batty at CB even in a 3 doesn't seem to make sense? Doesn't suit his game at all. How did he get on?

He did well. He still got forward on the left side when he could but was disciplined in his defending. Cirino though was predominantly forwards in a proper conventional wing back role so most of the time Batty was in a defensive three rather than the rigid five Eustace plays.

18 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

A friend of mine who is a big Newport County fan and very knowledgeable, sent me a text when we had signed O’Riordan saying he was a very good player. Obviously, we have barely seen him in a Blue and white shirt yet but he has certainly picked him as one for the future.

He looked big and athletic the one time we did see him - like Carter. 

Obviously he can't get in ahead of Carter, Hyam and S. Wharton, but you'd at least think he'd be getting games for the U21s. Strange one. 

11 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

Batty at CB even in a 3 doesn't seem to make sense? Doesn't suit his game at all. How did he get on?

Batty used the simple out-ball to the wing-back very well, his speed and aggression means he can cover the full-back position,  from the left sided center-back position if the left wing back has pushed forward. I think I still prefer Batty as a left wing-back.