BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

On 06/09/2019 at 11:07, MarkBRFC said:

No, both of them looked terrible.

If you’re going to write off two young lads, at least throw Nyambe under the bus with them since he was so far out of position for the opener he may as well been on the No1 Darwen Circular towards town.

Tongue out of cheek though - I can’t believe you’d use the word “terrible”. 

They’re young lads, they looked inexperienced- but to use “terrible” it’s just way OTT and insanely dismissive. No wonder RF liked the post!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

If you’re going to write off two young lads, at least throw Nyambe under the bus with them since he was so far out of position for the opener he may as well been on the No1 Darwen Circular towards town.

Tongue out of cheek though - I can’t believe you’d use the word “terrible”. 

They’re young lads, they looked inexperienced- but to use “terrible” it’s just way OTT and insanely dismissive. No wonder RF liked the post!

Well, they did. Why sugar coat it? "Because they are young lads"? They looked miles out of there depth against really poor fourth division opposition, and both had awful games.

That's not to say they won't improve in the future, but if we're looking at that game, then yes they were terrible.

Platt has just gone on loan to The National League hasn't he? That's probably his level, and good luck to him there.

Nyambe was awful too I will give you that, but I've seen more of him to suggest he has some of the tools to at least make it at this level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Could be a strong side out tonight, with possible run outs for Danny Graham, Chapman, Samuel, Hart, JRC, Grayson, Nyambe and Smallwood

So should be a decent game and a chance to see some of the fringe players in action

Would be nice to see DG, have you got that from anywhere or just a guess?

Got a feeling we'll see Nyambe at centre-back potentially with Grayson, maybe JRC plays too.

4 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Could be a strong side out tonight, with possible run outs for Danny Graham, Chapman, Samuel, Hart, JRC, Grayson, Nyambe and Smallwood

So should be a decent game and a chance to see some of the fringe players in action

what game is this?

‘I think there will be a few senior players, who need game-time. I’ve said to them it’s important that they are ready.

“I don’t bully senior footballers in to playing.

I’ve said to them that there’s a game on Tuesday and they should think about whether to go and chat with the Under-23s coach about getting some game-time.

“The younger ones I can tell that they need to play.

“With the senior players, what’s the point of me telling them they’re playing for the Under-23s and then they don’t apply themselves?

“I leave it with them. If they’re telling me that they want to play then I know they will run and chase and do the job.’

Mowbray the other day.

Smallwood couldn’t be arsed then...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘I think there will be a few senior players, who need game-time. I’ve said to them it’s important that they are ready.

“I don’t bully senior footballers in to playing.

I’ve said to them that there’s a game on Tuesday and they should think about whether to go and chat with the Under-23s coach about getting some game-time.

“The younger ones I can tell that they need to play.

“With the senior players, what’s the point of me telling them they’re playing for the Under-23s and then they don’t apply themselves?

“I leave it with them. If they’re telling me that they want to play then I know they will run and chase and do the job.’

Mowbray the other day.

Smallwood couldn’t be arsed then...

This leaving the decision making up to the senior players makes me really uncomfortable. Especially when he jabbers on about doing so in public.

• Like 2

I went along to Leyland to watch and was impressed with several players but the standout was the keeper Joe Hilton. He is an imposing size with a booming voice and his shop stopping was excellent backed up by commanding his box and very good distribution. Danny Graham was an example to the young kids with his attitude and work rate. If the likes of Smallwood refused to play then that is a disgrace particularly when a much older Graham plays and puts in a real shift. Chapman was good and his pace was too much for Accrington although his end product sometimes frustrated. Doyle at right back impressed me too.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I went along to Leyland to watch and was impressed with several players but the standout was the keeper Joe Hilton. He is an imposing size with a booming voice and his shop stopping was excellent backed up by commanding his box and very good distribution. Danny Graham was an example to the young kids with his attitude and work rate. If the likes of Smallwood refused to play then that is a disgrace particularly when a much older Graham plays and puts in a real shift. Chapman was good and his pace was too much for Accrington although his end product sometimes frustrated. Doyle at right back impressed me too.

Hilton made some great saves - particularly at close range. One after a defender made a massive error in the box.

I also thought Mols was brilliant tonight in centre midfield. He was everywhere and the ball stuck to him, always driving forward. Reminded me of David Dunn if he’d had normal sized thighs.

He seems to have been around forever but us still only 20. I hope he can get a chance at some point this season.