blueboy3333

Academy & U21s

25 minutes ago, skous18 said:

When is Butterworth due to return from his injury and do people reckon he will get a chance in the first time?

Fractured a bone in his spine I believe, out for the season most likely, he must be gutted after coming on with Buckley last season 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Fractured a bone in his spine I believe, out for the season most likely, he must be gutted after coming on with Buckley last season 

Given the injury situation in attacking midfield/strikers area of the pitch  he would have probably got a game or two now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given the injury situation in attacking midfield/strikers area of the pitch  he would have probably got a game or two now.

Ya and I like the look of him 

I see from the Boro website that the U23s were beaten last night 4-1. A Mols penalty (or Mocs as they call him) put us 1 up early on, but that was as good as it got. No wonder there's no mention of it yet on Rovers' website...

There's no comment what the Rovers team was, has anyone any ideas? I'm guessing (hoping!) it was a young one given it was a cup match that we're already through in, esp with all the first team injuries we have.

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

I see from the Boro website that the U23s were beaten last night 4-1. A Mols penalty (or Mocs as they call him) put us 1 up early on, but that was as good as it got. No wonder there's no mention of it yet on Rovers' website...

There's no comment what the Rovers team was, has anyone any ideas? I'm guessing (hoping!) it was a young one given it was a cup match that we're already through in, esp with all the first team injuries we have.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Chaddy. So pretty experimental then. Good experience for the younger ones hopefully.

Ben Paton has just scored a better goal than Armstrong’s on Tuesday. 💥 👀

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Cracking strike 

Great goal. Imo Armstrong’s was better. Anyone have the line up . How we playing ?

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

When I saw the lineup, I was actually thinking about him and how nobody ever seems to really talk about him so he is probably one of the ones that will fade into non-league obscurity. But that's a belter though. Prefer Arma's but it's like comparing two gorgeous women really, just a matter of preference.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Great goal. Imo Armstrong’s was better. Anyone have the line up . How we playing ?

Really enjoyed that tonight. End to end with a couple of goals each. Rovers should probably have won, on the balance of chances, but I was happy to get a point in the end.

Great strike from Paten which seemed to arrow into the top corner, rather than the slightly swinging one by Arma. Looked a soft pen after the ref cocked up and didn’t give a corner from a Mulgrew free kick.

Not too cold tonight either!

You must be tougher than me Stuart. I'm still thawing out!

Yes, decent performance tonight and an entertaining game. Midway through the first half I heard Mulgrew  say to Louie  Annesley "What's his name" about our right back Dan Pike, which made me laugh. He then proceeded to give Pike a piece of his mind.

Think he called him a stupid boy....

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Yes, decent performance tonight and an entertaining game. Midway through the first half I heard Mulgrew  say to Louie  Annesley "What's his name" about our right back Dan Pike, which made me laugh. He then proceeded to give Pike a piece of his mind.

I must have been wearing a thicker coat! The car said 7.5 degrees so a lot warmer than Tuesday.

It was weird seeing Charlie out there tonight.

Yes he was decent. Typical Charlie really. Very unlucky with a free kick. Looked in good shape. I always wonder how older pro players will cope with quick, aggressive  young lads but they tend to handle them quite easily. 

I enjoyed watching him. He played the full game. 

Thanks for the updates and thanks chaddy for the team

Edited by Oldgregg86

On 14/02/2020 at 21:55, Colt Seavers said:

Good. That's the best kind of influence first teamers can have on these young lads, way too protected at younger ages these days.