BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Burnley's academy is now Cat 1......

Venkys will oversee ours drop to Cat 2, I can see that.

Lol. That’s a development match that will be moved to 11am on a Tuesday. :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Burnley's academy is now Cat 1......

Venkys will oversee ours drop to Cat 2, I can see that.

This is my concern. 

There's nothing we can do about that lot gaining Cat 1 status. But we can sure as hell make sure we don't let ours go.

Sadly I suspect it will only be a matter of time. Not because it isn't sustainable but because of chronic neglect and lack of investment. 

We've managed to hang on so far due mainly to the facilities in place pre Venky era but haven't made significant changes since they turned up. We've also had Waggott mention a few times about struggling to keep up with the requirements. Subtle hints maybe.

Irony is that with People like Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis being our most valuable assets the academy deserves all the investment it gets.

It would be another great slap in the face if the academy that Jack Walker delivered as his legacy slips to a lower category than the hillbillies up the road but it feels inevitable with this dreadful regime.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It would be another great slap in the face if the academy that Jack Walker delivered as his legacy slips to a lower category than the hillbillies up the road but it feels inevitable with this dreadful regime.

Yes, it would be a disaster and another sign of Burnley dominating the rivalry. For them to overtake us on that too would be hurtful to the fans.  

Promotion is the only answer yet strangely none of the playing staff or management seem to want promotion badly enough from what i see.  

We're not due another Academy report for a while yet, so nothing to worry about in the near future. Just spent a lot of money on facilities too, should be fine with Cat 1 status for a good while yet, even if Venkys give up on throwing cash at it tomorrow morning.

23 hours ago, JHRover said:

This is my concern. 

There's nothing we can do about that lot gaining Cat 1 status. But we can sure as hell make sure we don't let ours go.

Sadly I suspect it will only be a matter of time. Not because it isn't sustainable but because of chronic neglect and lack of investment. 

We've managed to hang on so far due mainly to the facilities in place pre Venky era but haven't made significant changes since they turned up. We've also had Waggott mention a few times about struggling to keep up with the requirements. Subtle hints maybe.

Irony is that with People like Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis being our most valuable assets the academy deserves all the investment it gets.

I was under the impression that they (the owners) had actually invested in the academy?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yearly, at that. Keeping category 1 status means continued investment, you literally can't just rely on investment from years past. If you don't spend a certain amount each season, the rules say you lose the status.

One of the few things they've done right.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rovers head of academy recruitment Steve Cooper

Rovers have adopted approaches from German clubs on how the Academy programme should be run. 

Making players adaptable to several different formations gives them an increased chance of success in the future, and at Rovers Cooper believes that the players are in good hands with the standard of coaching at the club.

"I recently met with coaches from FC Köln’s academy and the coaches there said they let the academy teams play whatever formation they wanted," Cooper added. "They play two or three formations a season.

The result of this approach is that you get tactically astute players who are adaptable and know more than one way of playing football. I do not see this approach to academy football a lot in England especially with the top clubs.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-academy-player-development-18700364

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Preston fans react to the loss of Tyrhys Dolan after Rovers fans rave over his first team friendly debut against Fleetwood Town at the weekend. 
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/match-report/blackburn-rovers-fans-rave-about-ex-preston-teenager-tyrhys-dolan/

Rovers set to bring in new Under 23's striker in Celtic's Connor McBride, who's featured for the Scotland youth teams.
https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-look-set-to-lose-scotland-u17-striker-to-blackburn-rovers-due-to-first-team-football-concerns/

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Preston fans react to the loss of Tyrhys Dolan after Rovers fans rave over his first team friendly debut against Fleetwood Town at the weekend. 
https://www.deepdaledigest.com/match-report/blackburn-rovers-fans-rave-about-ex-preston-teenager-tyrhys-dolan/

Rovers set to bring in new Under 23's striker in Celtic's Connor McBride, who's featured for the Scotland youth teams.
https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-look-set-to-lose-scotland-u17-striker-to-blackburn-rovers-due-to-first-team-football-concerns/

Are they allowed to share my twitter account without my knowledge?!? 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Are they allowed to share my twitter account without my knowledge?!? 

Yeah. Public tweet. You can change your Twitter privacy settings to show your tweets only to your followers though I guess.

Looks like Tomlinson is a bit of a tool, which goes along with what was being said about him during his time here.

He looks absolutely fucked on that photo of him playing for Accy. Got bags under his eyes like he's been putting in the hours, but more likely been burning the candle at both ends judging by his reputation.

Crying shame really, never nice to see a boy with talent mess themselves about. The Mansfield fans claim he spat in a coppers face which, in the current climate, may even mean he will do time. I swear someone got sent down for spitting at a bus driver not long back?

17 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Looks like Tomlinson is a bit of a tool, which goes along with what was being said about him during his time here.

He looks absolutely fucked on that photo of him playing for Accy. Got bags under his eyes like he's been putting in the hours, but more likely been burning the candle at both ends judging by his reputation.

Crying shame really, never nice to see a boy with talent mess themselves about. The Mansfield fans claim he spat in a coppers face which, in the current climate, may even mean he will do time. I swear someone got sent down for spitting at a bus driver not long back?

There's more to it than burning candles at both ends.

I personally really feel for Willem and hope he gets an Accy contract.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

There's more to it than burning candles at both ends.

I personally really feel for Willem and hope he gets an Accy contract.

He went out on the lash, gave it the big I am in a pub declaring he was a "professional footballer", called a woman a "fat slag", threatened people with a chair and then spat on a policeman before being arrested. 

One week after being bailed, he was seen in another pub drinking it up and shouting at some women "who wants to get pregnant?".

All allegedly of course as read on their forums but if most of that is true - I don't feel for him at all.