BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I hope the lad gets back soon, he looked to be in with a chance of breaking through to the first team on a more regular basis this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Definitely. Long may it continue. Only going to get tougher with Burnley's recent category upgrade, but hopefully our great reputation persists.

On 20/09/2020 at 10:16, JoeH said:

Shame for Mols, he’s ended up being caught behind. He’s the U23’s captain in Butterworths absence so the Rovers set up seem hesitant to take him away from that team either with a loan or a promotion to first team action.

Pretty sure neither Mols or any other U23 player will be held back if there was a chance of a loan or first team involvment. That's the whole point of having a U23, getting them ready for senior football.

Mols is good enough for League 2, but still requires a club wanting to loan him though. We have had very midfielder and attackers go on loan the latest years, mostly because they haven't been good enough, or they have been progressed (Buckley, JRC). 

54 minutes ago, briansol said:

Pretty sure neither Mols or any other U23 player will be held back if there was a chance of a loan or first team involvment

I disagree. PL2 Div One status is important to the club, staying in that top division helps with youth recruitment and makes retaining Category One status even easier. Stefan Mols is that teams captain in Dan Butterworth's absence, so the likes of John Buckley have been given more chances ahead of him in my opinion due to the club not wanting Mols to be taken away from that team.

Much like Joe Hilton not being involved in pre-season because it's been determined he'll be the 23's keeper and they want him fit and ready for that role for the season. Eastham got game time ahead of him.

If I was Mols, I would be demanding a move either on loan or permanently in that instance. I wouldnt like to be in a position coming up to the age of 22 whereby others are going into the first team but I was being kept playing uncompetitive football because of a fear that involving me with the first team or more likely another first team would leave a gap in the kids league.

I dont think its fair to be ultimately sacrificing a key part in a players development just constantly playing kids football with no potential out. When he gets to 23 or 24 and say we let him go, he will have no first team football on his CV and really struggle to stay in the game.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I disagree. PL2 Div One status is important to the club, staying in that top division helps with youth recruitment and makes retaining Category One status even easier. Stefan Mols is that teams captain in Dan Butterworth's absence, so the likes of John Buckley have been given more chances ahead of him in my opinion due to the club not wanting Mols to be taken away from that team.

Much like Joe Hilton not being involved in pre-season because it's been determined he'll be the 23's keeper and they want him fit and ready for that role for the season. Eastham got game time ahead of him.

You probably know this better than me. If that is the case it sounds very strange to "hold back" players development by keeping them in the U23's. 

Must also have backfired with Hilton, because Eastham was the one playing against Man City for the U23. Hilton injured?

9 minutes ago, briansol said:

You probably know this better than me. If that is the case it sounds very strange to "hold back" players development by keeping them in the U23's. 

Must also have backfired with Hilton, because Eastham was the one playing against Man City for the U23. Hilton injured?

Yes Hilton took a knock I think.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If I was Mols, I would be demanding a move either on loan or permanently in that instance. I wouldnt like to be in a position coming up to the age of 22 whereby others are going into the first team but I was being kept playing uncompetitive football because of a fear that involving me with the first team or more likely another first team would leave a gap in the kids league.

You are spot on here. 

i dont see Rovers stopping him leaving either. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are spot on here. 

i dont see Rovers stopping him leaving either. 

Yeah you would like to think that a player wasnt being held back solely to be a catalyst for us to maintain our status in the kids league.

He would likely struggle to stay in football if that was the case when he left. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah you would like to think that a player wasnt being held back solely to be a catalyst for us to maintain our status in the kids league.

He would likely struggle to stay in football if that was the case when he left. 

I can't see Mowbray or the coaching staff holding Mols or any player back in the under 23's. I think Mols needs to move on but I thought that 2 years ago as he wouldn't break through here. I think Dunn might come in for him

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, unsall said:

See u/23s beat Blackpool today  3 1 behind closed doors.

Can’t understand if that’s against their first team or their youth team after reading the announcement on Twitter.

Evans, Johnson and Holtby are prone to being injured. Travis is out for a while. We need Buckley, Davenport and Rothwell. There's always Mr reliable Bennett as back up also. Buckley is developing into a superb player and should continue in our first team doing it.

• Like 4

On 23/09/2020 at 14:17, bazza said:

Evans, Johnson and Holtby are prone to being injured. Travis is out for a while. We need Buckley, Davenport and Rothwell. There's always Mr reliable Bennett as back up also. Buckley is developing into a superb player and should continue in our first team doing it.

And its brilliant we have the Cavalry (Nyambe, Dack, Evans, Ayala and the other young lads) for after the International break . This allows us to have a 20 man continuity. Its a 46 match season and Reading/Bristol City + a few others  will deteriorate.

1 hour ago, Don Said said:

Wonder if Ayala will get a run out 

Don’t think he’s ready from what I’ve read. I can imagine after the int. break we’ll see some bench appearances