BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its would be great to get to see live inside a stadium and watch his overall game. But that's look like it won't be happening for a while yet

Man U had some tasty players at the back. McBride held his own but didn't shine.

Luke Brennan was too much of a handful for the Mancs though.

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Grayson has been out for a year with a serious injury that has to be taken into consideration when rating his performance today.Barnes looked very good 

Absolutely. I can concede that 100%. I still think he’s much better suited to a defensive midfield role. His passing range is top notch, and he’d look good in that category at first team level. But his mobility and defensive positioning leave something to be desired

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

@JoeH you might want to listen to the answer he gives about the U23's at Man Utd and players like Rashford in particular. I'm glad Eric agrees with me ?

Of course I listened to it, it was my question. The answer doesn't make much sense, as most of the players who features against Rovers played in their EFL Cup fixtures vs Rochdale. I take his points but the answer he gave is quite quickly debunked. 

I agree about the likes of Rashford playing up an age group, but I think we're starting to see that at Rovers with the likes of Dan Pike and Luke Brennan moving up to 23's level much sooner.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I agree about the likes of Rashford playing up an age group,

You said he didn't stand out at youth level. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Of course I listened to it, it was my question. The answer doesn't make much sense,

It made a lot of sense, and contradicted fully your position. And he's going to know a lot more than you about Youth/Academy football. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You said he didn't stand out at youth level. 

It made a lot of sense, and contradicted fully your position. And he's going to know a lot more than you about Youth/Academy football. 

He didn’t, as he was playing up a year, as Eric explained.

It made sense in theory, but actually when you look, Liverpool didn’t play 18’s vs Wigan and United fielded the same side in the PL2 as they did in the EFL Trophy... 

I’m not pretending to know more, I asked the man a question because I was interested in his insight. Your insight however, not so interested in to be honest, despite your continuous offering to me.

Edited by JoeH

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I said what he said, i just said it earlier.

You're welcome. 

Also, more than half of United’s team at Rochdale is eligible for the Under 18’s. Whilst I value Eric’s response, his knowledge doesn’t supersede fact, neither does yours.

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm sure he'll be thrilled by the validation of a football oracle such as yourself. 

The only reason we’re having this discussion is because you tagged me. You questioned me on Eric’s comments, I wasn’t talking about it prior to that as I didn’t feel the need to.

Stop being so argumentative and get on with your day. You have an opinion, I have one. Move on.

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Didn't know Kinder was a Rovers fan. He's still got the passion for the club.

Worth a listen. 

@JoeH you might want to listen to the answer he gives about the U23's at Man Utd and players like Rashford in particular. I'm glad Eric agrees with me ?

Eric was and still is a Blackburn boy. I was at school with him in the 1970’s, he was also a very good cricketer. My memory is fading but I’m sure he played for Cherry Tree for many years.

1 minute ago, JohnGo said:

Eric was and still is a Blackburn boy. I was at school with him in the 1970’s, he was also a very good cricketer. My memory is fading but I’m sure he played for Cherry Tree for many years.

Yes this is mentioned in the podcast actually. A great listen

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yes this is mentioned in the podcast actually. A great listen

He mentioned going to school with JohnGo in the podcast? ;)

I see the U23s and some senior players (Gally, Mulgrew) drew 2-2 with Huddersfield B in a friendly. I thought it was interesting from the article that Gally, even stepping down a level, was played on the right of a front three with Burns leading the line instead. It looks worryingly like this really is still TM's plan for Gallagher. Hope the new system suits it a bit better but I'm not expecting much.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Mols gone out on loan in Spain.  Good luck to the lad. Needs to play some mens footbal

Hopefully he come bsck and makes his mark

where to?

Edit: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18773905.rovers-youngster-makes-loan-switch-spanish-third-tier/

Spanish 3rd tier.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Scanning the LT, my take is that we have secured the Greek youngster provided the medical and paperwork haven't thrown up problems.

Yes Mols has gone to the third level in Spain but CF Intercity are a two year old club with money behind them who are flying through the leagues with annual promotions

Aleesami sounds highly probable.

Mulgrew to Fleetwood is still a big ?

No current sign of bids coming in for any other Rovers players

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Noticed some talk about Willem Tomlinson a few pages back on this thread.

He’s turning out for Padiham tonight against Squires Gate. 

He has at least one first team appearance for Rovers on his CV which, I suppose, is something.