BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

1-0 City.  Strike from the edge of the box.

Looked like Eastham should've done better but was quite unsighted by the centre half so only saw it late.

Damn.

When we drew 2-2 with Man U at under-23 level, both United goals were sadly down to Eastham. He looks a real talent but a little short for a keeper and his lack of inches occasionally cost.

Going to be difficult to come back from this.

City deserved to win but the scoreline was harsh on us. Lots to be optimistic about with both full backs excelling and Brennan looking good but Whitehall was the outstanding Rovers player for me. Big, strong and good defensively but looking to get forward at every opportunity. I also thought Horlock looked good in midfield. We were guilty of over playing at times but overall the youngsters did themselves and the club proud.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stuart said:

Wonder why Rovers can’t stream U23 games (and even U18s).

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

They probably can, just not interested I'm guessing.

iFollow is owned by EFL. This is the FA Cup and BT have the rights. 

So no, Rovers couldn't have streamed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Frost said:

iFollow is owned by EFL. This is the FA Cup and BT have the rights. 

So no, Rovers couldn't have streamed it. 

I dont think the question was specifically aimed at this game. More u23/18 in general.

One heck of a good run by the under-18s last season although the 20/21 crop are struggling a bit.

The Under 23s should be strong for at least a couple of seasons now and despite congestion in the first team squad, no reason why some shouldn't join Brennan in knocking on the door.

12 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Like the look of the 2 centre halves Saadi and Garrett. Left back cirino done well also

Which is impressive for those guys as one plays in midfield for the 23’s and the others a left-back primarily

I liked Lonsdale, always been a fan of Dan Pike and clearly Brennan is the “one” from that side. Really great he’s made his Championship debut as well, always want to bed them in early.

Some will grow as Under 23’s players, some will stunt in their progress but that’s youth development.

At this age Lewis Travis was a failed full back, released from his academy. Came here and did okay at Right Back for our 23’s, before becoming one of our most promising young midfielders in a decade.

They all grow at different rates.

8 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch

That's what you said, and is specific to this game. BT Sport don't tend to broadcast any of our other U23 or U18 matches. 

I guess you really are the kind of poster I thought you were. Don’t be confused if I don’t reply to any more posts.

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Saw the first half where I thought we did well against a good team. The kids took over the tv after that so didn’t see the rest. How did the other semi finish ? 

from a first brief view looks like we have some good young talent. Very promising 

The Man U v Chelsea semi is playing today and the Final is on Monday.

The Under 23s game v Spurs wasn't played yesterday because of the under 18s game being played under last season's age limit rules. Our next game is relegation Arsenal at home on Friday 6th.

The under 18s are third from bottom with the next two fixtures being against Sunderland and Newcastle- the two clubs below them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, philipl said:

The Man U v Chelsea semi is playing today and the Final is on Monday.

The Under 23s game v Spurs wasn't played yesterday because of the under 18s game being played under last season's age limit rules. Our next game is relegation Arsenal at home on Friday 6th.

The under 18s are third from bottom with the next two fixtures being against Sunderland and Newcastle- the two clubs below them.

Chelsea beat United 1-0 last night immediately after our game.