blueboy3333

Academy & U21s

How's Annesley looking for you guys? I'm a big follower of Gibraltar football and he's always been a key player for the national team, even if he's been used as a holding mid for them recently (their manager seems to prefer using older players like Roy Chipolina and Aymen Mouelhi at CB). With the national team looking likely to go up to League C next year it's gonna mean he'll be facing a higher standard more regularly and I'm wondering if that'll help his chances at Blackburn or if maybe he should seek out a loan to a League One or Two team to prove he can cope with the physicality of English football.

He is now a key member of the Under 23s which are going well near the top of PL2.

Looking a cultured defender in the video coverage I have seen.

Currently behind Ayala, Lenihan, Williams, Wharton, Carter and Magliore so unlikely to see him in a League game any time soon but Rovers have given all of the aforementioned first team action so if he continues developing anything is possible.

League 1 and League 2 are subject to wage caps so the opportunity for loans in the UK are very limited now.

On 21/10/2020 at 07:27, philipl said:

He is now a key member of the Under 23s which are going well near the top of PL2.

Looking a cultured defender in the video coverage I have seen.

Currently behind Ayala, Lenihan, Williams, Wharton, Carter and Magliore so unlikely to see him in a League game any time soon but Rovers have given all of the aforementioned first team action so if he continues developing anything is possible.

League 1 and League 2 are subject to wage caps so the opportunity for loans in the UK are very limited now.

Wonder if he could be in contention for a cup game if Rovers get a favourable tie in the FA Cup? There's a lot of talent coming from the Rock at the moment though, especially in the goalkeeping department. One of them made 17 saves against Portugal's U21s in a 3-0 defeat with a makeshift defence (cos Annesley was with the seniors so they had to call up a midfielder/defender from the Wessex League who, in fairness to him, did alright against the likes of Jota and Diogo Dalot).

1 hour ago, inflikted said:

Wonder if he could be in contention for a cup game if Rovers get a favourable tie in the FA Cup? There's a lot of talent coming from the Rock at the moment though, especially in the goalkeeping department. One of them made 17 saves against Portugal's U21s in a 3-0 defeat with a makeshift defence (cos Annesley was with the seniors so they had to call up a midfielder/defender from the Wessex League who, in fairness to him, did alright against the likes of Jota and Diogo Dalot).

I doubt it. There is just so many promising young centre-backs at the club currently. Wharton, Carter and Magloire has already made their senior debuts and would be preferred in such a match. At U-23 you also has his partner Sam Barnes who is probably as talented.

The great thing for Annesly playing international football is that it gives him experience against much better players and will help his progress. A loan to League 2 would do him a world of good. The biggest difference from U-23 football is the physical side, which I think he would benefit from. I've seen him on multiple occasions, and he is very much a cultured centre-back who can pick a pass(as someone mentioned). His biggest weaknes seems to be lacking pace a bit.

Rovers away at West Ham under 23s this afternoon..

Not getting iFollow coverage and West Ham don't have a TV station so I guess there will be no live coverage.

West Ham are bottom of the table and Rovers could go top with a win.

Joe Grayson stretchered off.

Sam Barnes on as his replacement.

West Ham had two lengthy injury breaks as well. 

12 minutes of added time.

Rovers having the better chances but still 0-0

Saadi on for Burns now for Rovers.

Rovers started second half on top but West Ham just had two great chances. Rovers defenders blocking everything so Stargiarkos has had nothing to do until making a great save from a third West Ham chance- Hammers well on top now apparently.

Edited by philipl

Paton on for the injured Pike. McBride has had three great chances including missing a sitter just now.

Brennan now injured and we have already used our three subs. Carrying on.

Edited by philipl

FT 0-0 after 5 more minutes of injury time taking the total for the match to 17 minutes added.

Rovers up to 2nd in Division 1

22 hours ago, briansol said:

I doubt it. There is just so many promising young centre-backs at the club currently. Wharton, Carter and Magloire has already made their senior debuts and would be preferred in such a match. At U-23 you also has his partner Sam Barnes who is probably as talented.

The great thing for Annesly playing international football is that it gives him experience against much better players and will help his progress. A loan to League 2 would do him a world of good. The biggest difference from U-23 football is the physical side, which I think he would benefit from. I've seen him on multiple occasions, and he is very much a cultured centre-back who can pick a pass(as someone mentioned). His biggest weaknes seems to be lacking pace a bit.

Yeah personally I would have allowed Louie to play against Portugal as well but maybe Blackburn wanted him back as soon as the seniors beat Liechtenstein. It would've been a great test for him as Portugal U21 have players playing first team foorball in Europe's top leagues and a good chance for Blackburn's coaches to see how he copes against elite players.

Our Under 18s are in the FA Youth Cup Semi Final against Man City this coming Friday. Good luck to the lads and it'll be interesting to see how we fare.

8 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Our Under 18s are in the FA Youth Cup Semi Final against Man City this coming Friday. Good luck to the lads and it'll be interesting to see how we fare.

It's also on BT Sport 1 at 5pm for those able to watch it.

I finish at 4 on a Friday, so I know what I'll be doing! 😁

Wonder why Rovers can’t stream U23 games (and even U18s).

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch.

VERY strong Man City side fielded. Kicking off soon on BT Sport

City on top. Dominating the ball. Couple of decent saves front our keeper

21 hours ago, Stuart said:

Wonder why Rovers can’t stream U23 games (and even U18s).

I certainly won’t be subscribing to BT Sports but would have dropped a fiver to iFollow to watch.

They probably can, just not interested I'm guessing.