BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Would agents talk about players this way questioning their the players capability to perform to the standards required.

Two very average foreign lads brought in by SEM Kentaro linked local agents. I'll spit parsons can swallow.

David Raya Martin signed for Blackburn Rovers in the summer of 2012, from Barcelona-based club UE Cornellà. His good progress throughout the club's academy led Raya earning his first professional contract with the club on 26 February 2014.

​Nyambe came through the academy Jal. his agent is from Crown Football ltd

​sorry agent Jal, but both are very promising players for the club. Raya should be started in place of Steele. Nyambe is learning and developing as a player.

You clearly don't watch them.

exactly. I wonder how many times he seen both this season

You clearly don't watch them.

You make it seems as though they are regular starters in a struggling team I've watched them on and off through their development and haven't seen any improvement.

Blackpool league two Saturday will be about their standard parsons !

You make it seems as though they are regular starters in a struggling team I've watched them on and off through their development and haven't seen any improvement.

At the end of the day Jal nobody knows if any young player will make it or not. The only way you find out is by playing them and giving them a decent run of games to see if they sink or swim. Thus far both Nyambe and Raya have impressed when given the chance. Both now need a run of games to see if they can sustain that improvement over the longer period. Where we differ is that you want to get rid before they are given a chance and that I don't understand. As Tyrone said earlier in this thread, there have been numerous youngsters who we might have thought didn't stand a chance of making it and they went on to enjoy very successful careers. Likewise, I've seen youngsters who I thought would make it and they haven't for whatever reason. In the past the Rovers have paid big money to bring the likes of Watt and Fitzgerald into the Academy - long before Venkys - and they have failed to make it. You only have to look back at team sheets from Academy games over the last ten years to see how few players actually make the grade at any club.

• Like 1

So you havent seen them every week like ParsonBlue?

I get to see them when time allows. Always been impressed by Doyle every time Ive seen him.

Raya should be starting every game at the minute

I get to see them when time allows. Always been impressed by Doyle every time Ive seen him.

You must remember, they are often playing against fellow youth players who likely won't make it at Championship level. I can't be bothered looking up the statistics, but I'd wager it's a small % of academy prospects who make it at Champ level or above. I'm all for giving youth a chance, but this idea we have like 6+ youth players ready and good enough to step into the first team is folly. Chuck 'em all in and it would likely result in relegation and even though we are pretty much heading there anyway, avoiding it would be nice.

• Like 1

You are using the argument that he doesnt seem them which is fair enough, but I do and rate neither.

Raya is somehow more of a liability than Steele, and Nyambe is nowhere near ready either.

You are using the argument that he doesnt seem them which is fair enough, but I do and rate neither.

Raya is somehow more of a liability than Steele, and Nyambe is nowhere near ready either.

Ive seen Nyambe played in most of 1st team apps and some under 23's games. for me, he is improving and will only get better by playing

same with Raya, he should be playing regular whether here or on loan. I prefer here

Ive seen Nyambe played in most of 1st team apps and some under 23's games. for me, he is improving and will only get better by playing

same with Raya, he should be playing regular whether here or on loan. I prefer here

Agree, but not playing here whilst they are not good enough.

They ought to try like the other 71 league clubs and find a club to loan them out too until they get better.

Interesting parsons saying that Conor doesn't put a tackle which is a fair assessment.

Does Liam Feeney put a tackle in though ?

No, he is rarely in position when we do not have the ball. But you could not drop feeney at this moment in time. He caused Birmingham alsorts of problems. His pace and skill is something I did not expect and we have not had a winger like this for a while.

No, he is rarely in position when we do not have the ball. But you could not drop feeney at this moment in time. He caused Birmingham alsorts of problems. His pace and skill is something I did not expect and we have not had a winger like this for a while.

Lol. What skill? He's had one good game where he caused a slow full back trouble.

He can put a decent cross in sometimes but he's hardly Josh King quick and he's no trickery, control or vision.

I was all for praising him against Birmingham as he was very effective but that is the first glimpse I've seen of anything from him. I'd still drop him for Mahoney now.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

What kind of player is he PB?

Central midfielder not the strongest in the challenge but far more progressive in that area from an atracking point of view than the hapless waste of a first team place JLOWE.

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Central midfielder not the strongest in the challenge but far more progressive in that area from an atracking point of view than the hapless waste of a first team place JLOWE.

Seen comparisons to Dunny, acurate or lazy comparison?

• Backroom

Shebby rates him, I know that much. Was always banging on about him and Robbie Cotton.

Would he not have been around 14 when Shebby was around?

Cotton looked a player but think along with Aley thought he had made it too soon and it went to their heads

What kind of player is he PB?

Good attacking midfield player, or playing just off the main striker. Can score spectacular goals. He's better in the middle than out wide which is when he tends to drift out of games. The contract delay certainly impacted on his form prior to Christmas but he looked much better on Monday having settled his future for the next few years. Not the finished product by a long way but certainly one who would appear to have a bright future in the game. It would have been criminal to allow this lad to walk away so at least Senior has pulled one good deal off.

Seen comparisons to Dunny, acurate or lazy comparison?

He has his own style which hopefully if he can improve will become every bit as good as Dunny but what Parsons says about Joe is very true.

Attacking midfield either number 10 role or wide left in 4-2-3-1. Not a centre midfield.

Has skills and tricky. Deffo come on in the past 2 years in terms of developing. Down to Johnson and Dunny. Plenty of potential now time to develop it more.

Chaddy Joe has worked in the main under Billy Bar.

He has his own style which hopefully if he can improve will become every bit as good as Dunny but what Parsons says about Joe is very true.

Chaddy Joe has worked in the main under Billy Bar.

We are in agreement at last Jal - long may it continue! Chaddy, Jal is absolutely correct in saying that Joe has worked mainly with Billy Barr prior to this season.